DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew premium upgrade props

davey1der

Reactions
I purchased a set of Master Airscrew premium propellers and when I got them, they seemed kinda like a cheap plastic prop. Can anyone let me know if they are a decent upgrade, or if anything, what a good aftermarket choice would be. Thanks so much!

Personally I go only with genuine DJI propellers. They are well designed and manufactured. I hear people saying that they want to "upgrade the props" but the question is why? What purpose will it serve? I see very little upside and a whole lot of potential downside, if those third-party props should shatter or crack during flight.

I purchased a set of Master Airscrew premium propellers and when I got them, they seemed kinda like a cheap plastic prop. Can anyone let me know if they are a decent upgrade, or if anything, what a good aftermarket choice would be. Thanks so much!
I'm using the MA 'Stealth' prop's on my Mavic Pro Platinum [ DJI Mavic Pro & Platinum STEALTH Upgrade Propellers - x4 Orange ] . They are not cheap plastic by any means, they are a Glass Fibre composite construction, with very well engineered hubs. The design is quite different from the DJI stock prop's in both the pitch, and the design of the tips. I get better stability, quieter, and slightly longer duration flights using these (and that's compared to DJI 'quiet' prop's ...).
The performance of these prop's is far better than carbon-fibre equivalents ...

Any particular reason you're looking for 3rd party props?
No particular reason other than it was time to replace the props that came with my bird. I also purchased a set of DJI props. I just didn’t know anything about the Master Airs and wondered if I should have asked around before I clicked the purchase button.

I use them as well, noise level to me is better and it flys great, but the speed seems to be a little slower. They are built well, hit some high weeds in sport mode took me down, not one chip.

People on the forum "rave" about the Master Airscrew Prop's. Seems like I have not heard one bad thing about them aside from the purists indicating that one should run DJI branded props. I am part of that crowd as well. :)

Reactions: Mschinella
Thanks all, I appreciate the input. You guys rock!
Hey - you are welcome ... Besides, it will be nice to have someone to talk to when the DJI Purists burn us heretics at the stake for daring to use other than DJI prop's ... o_O :D

Reactions: old man mavic
Hey - you are welcome ... Besides, it will be nice to have someone to talk to when the DJI Purists burn us heretics at the stake for daring to use other than DJI prop's ... o_O :D

I have yet to see any side by side comparisons that show non OEM props are any better than DJI's. I am no Purist and follow some of the prop threads but I just have not seen any proof yet.

I have yet to see any side by side comparisons that show non OEM props are any better than DJI's. I am no Purist and follow some of the prop threads but I just have not seen any proof yet.
There is a vid' that was made by Russ at '51 Drones' that does do a comparison:

I've run some hover tests myself and have seen similar results, but must admit that tests are difficult in that you need to 'guarantee' somehow, that your battery is 'identical' for each comparison test run. I'm not a speed-freak so I don't know - and don't really care - if the MA's make the Mavic go faster ... But my tests and everyday use have definitely confirmed that a) I seem to have a bit more battery to fly with, and b) the drone is not as noisy - or - it is as noisy, but the sound is a bit lower in frequency, and therefore seems to be quieter.

Bottom line tho' is that we aren't talking significant dB's lower in noise, and significant additional minutes in duration ... So using MA prop's is not going to be an instant "YES - I WANT THEM!!" kind of thing, but saying that - there's just something about them that I really like! [Maybe it's the orange colour?] ...

I've run some hover tests myself and have seen similar results, but must admit that tests are difficult in that you need to 'guarantee' somehow, that your battery is 'identical' for each comparison test run. I'm not a speed-freak so I don't know - and don't really care - if the MA's make the Mavic go faster ... But my tests and everyday use have definitely confirmed that a) I seem to have a bit more battery to fly with, and b) the drone is not as noisy - or - it is as noisy, but the sound is a bit lower in frequency, and therefore seems to be quieter.

Bottom line tho' is that we aren't talking significant dB's lower in noise, and significant additional minutes in duration ... So using MA prop's is not going to be an instant "YES - I WANT THEM!!" kind of thing, but saying that - there's just something about them that I really like! [Maybe it's the orange colour?] ...

Yes that is a great video from Russ from 51 drones. I saw that one as well.

"there's just something about them that I really like! [Maybe it's the orange colour?] ... "

CharliesRig doesn't think he would have found his drone without the different colored props, no idea whose these are.

1549138953607.png

All orange, for to five foot weeds, didn't help my old eyes.IMG_20181011_170952305_HDR.jpeg

I'm using the MA 'Stealth' prop's on my Mavic Pro Platinum [ DJI Mavic Pro & Platinum STEALTH Upgrade Propellers - x4 Orange ] . They are not cheap plastic by any means, they are a Glass Fibre composite construction, with very well engineered hubs. The design is quite different from the DJI stock prop's in both the pitch, and the design of the tips. I get better stability, quieter, and slightly longer duration flights using these (and that's compared to DJI 'quiet' prop's ...).
The performance of these prop's is far better than carbon-fibre equivalents ...
Me too

Reactions: Mschinella
"there's just something about them that I really like! [Maybe it's the orange colour?] ... "

CharliesRig doesn't think he would have found his drone without the different colored props, no idea whose these are.

View attachment 61536
That's them ... Master Airscrew 'Stealth' prop's for Mavic Pro ...

I can't let that statement go without a response.

When I installed my first set of Master Airscrew props my instant reaction actually was, "YES - I WANT THEM!!! I WANT THEM IN EVERY COLOR AVAILABLE!!" I couldn't believe how much less obnoxious the sound was. I'm not sure how to measure it, but the response to control inputs seemed to be quicker too.

I really like your closing statement: "There's just something about them that I really like! [Maybe it's the orange colour?]"

Reactions: FoxhallGH

Not sure, but it seems like comparing props for noise / speed, etc, is a waste of time because there are too many variables, and because there is no significant difference that would warrant buying after market ones. No need to Re-invent the wheel. Of course that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc