DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew propellers... I just tested them

Put this together, if you are interested.

Best of the review I’ve seen so far but I would have really liked to have seen a screen grab video of you flying in sport mode and get the error. Also the pic you show of the error on the end is on screen for so short of a time I had to refresh and scrub to the end 5 times to see. Pretty ingenious if trying to get those views up though;):p

Reactions: Inspirephil
How do the two props compare in weight and flexibility?

Nice review, I love sport mode, coming from fpv racing drones. Those props remind me of some I have bought for a wider blade with higher pitch, they sucked battery on my fpv drones due to the greater torque to turn them while performing.

Reactions: R1Mavic
Best of the review I’ve seen so far but I would have really liked to have seen a screen grab video of you flying in sport mode and get the error. Also the pic you show of the error on the end is on screen for so short of a time I had to refresh and scrub to the end 5 times to see. Pretty ingenious if trying to get those views up though;):p
Thanks for the feedback. Here's the error
266670a96a70c35df08bc7d70c186856.jpg

How do the two props compare in weight and flexibility?

Nice review, I love sport mode, coming from fpv racing drones. Those props remind me of some I have bought for a wider blade with higher pitch, they sucked battery on my fpv drones due to the greater torque to turn them while performing.
Thanks! Weight feels the same. I didn't flex them, so I don't know. I certainly can though.

Thanks! When you got the error was it when you were ascending mostly or even if you were flying straight?
It happens every time you go straight fast and let off the right stick. It's like the braking is causing it.

All other qestions aside, a2dB difference is large. I’m a stereo freak too and from work there I learned that perceive volume of any sound frequency generally doubles every 3dB for any individual based on the energy of the sound.

I don’t fly in sport mode much either, but would note that while the warning regarding power only came up in SM, the props must stress the system in all modes albeit below whatever the warnings trigger is.

There are a couple threads on this topic already. I haven't tried it yet but apparently the solution is to adjust the vertical and yaw gain on the DJI app. The recommendation I found was to Set the vertical to 90 and yaw to 110

Motor current error

I am still waiting for MasterAirScrew to release their new propellers for the Mavic 2 series. I wrote them another email asking about the release date and they said they’re working on them as quickly as possible for release but as of now they aren’t available for the M2.

You can lead a horse to water ... <shrug>
I'm not sure that all these condescending statements are merited.

Telling someone to "Adjust your gain settings" is more than a bit vague, especially for most drone owners (I would imagine) who have no idea what effect changing those numbers will have. Adjust the numbers up? Down? Some combination? How many batteries are they expected to go through before they get the numbers right (there are a lot of possible combinations)? Also, without at least a little guidance, it's a bit scary to just fiddle with those gain numbers to see what happens.

Larry

The link that I posted will direct one to a thread in which a video is presented. That video outlines how one will adjust thier gain settings to compensate for the addition of the Master Air Screw Propellers.
The process is a bit of a trial and error routine. However towards the end of the video the person that has taken the steps to adjust thier gain with success mentions the settings that worked best with his Mavic Pro.
This can be used as a good reference for what the settings might need to be changed to.

When I direct someone to a helpful thread that does pertain to the Application (DJIGO4) that they can use with thier Mavic Pro or Mavic Air and adjust specific settings that will help when using the Master Air Screw Propellers I have the expectation that they will follow the link, investigate the comments as well as the video that was posted, and then take steps to determine if they can resolve thier issue.
If the task of altering gain settings and observing flight characteristics is too much of a burden. Simple. Pull the props and send em back.

Be sure Larry, Be Sure

Reactions: PAMaire
The link that I posted will direct one to a thread in which a video is presented. That video outlines how one will adjust thier gain settings to compensate for the addition of the Master Air Screw Propellers.
The process is a bit of a trial and error routine. However towards the end of the video the person that has taken the steps to adjust thier gain with success mentions the settings that worked best with his Mavic Pro.
This can be used as a good reference for what the settings might need to be changed to.

When I direct someone to a helpful thread that does pertain to the Application (DJIGO4) that they can use with thier Mavic Pro or Mavic Air and adjust specific settings that will help when using the Master Air Screw Propellers I have the expectation that they will follow the link, investigate the comments as well as the video that was posted, and then take steps to determine if they can resolve thier issue.
If the task of altering gain settings and observing flight characteristics is too much of a burden. Simple. Pull the props and send em back.

Be sure Larry, Be Sure
That video you pointed to, and which I watched before posting, is targeted specifically at Mavic Pro Platinum owners. This is a Mavic Air forum, and I am a Mavic Air owner. How is anyone supposed to translate a tip specifically for the Mavic Pro Platinum to something they can use with a Mavic Air?

I, for one, would never assume the settings changes would be the same, or necessarily even similar, for a completely different model of drone (with props designed specifically for a different drone). And I don't blame other Mavic Air owners for asking for a little guidance with adjusting settings they've never messed with, and are very likely a bit timid to mess with.

Larry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian