DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master airscrew props or other aftermarket props

are the MAS still the best bet for an MPP ? Amazon has a bunch of cheaper options of course.
Other than OEM 8331s, yes MAS is the best and the only other brand I would use, period. Never even considered the 'cheaper options' on Amazon eBay or anywhere else. I really don't want to look up and see my drone spiraling down toward terra firma.

As for more quiet than 8331s, I honestly can't tell any difference.

Thanks, will try to track down some OEM 8331s maybe as I have some MAS for my Air and I'm not entirely convinced, seem more fragile and the Air is a bit less stable.

I have some MAS for my Air and I'm not entirely convinced, seem more fragile and the Air is a bit less stable.
I bought a used MPP kit last year which included a lot of accessories, and a set of orange MAS.

On close inspection, these MAS props are overall beefier than OEM.... stiffer blades, thicker at the trailing edge, and the top and bottom of the hub are thicker. The rivets holding the blades to the hub are larger, friction at the pivot points seems about the same as OEM. I've seen reports of snappier performance but haven't noticed because I don't jerk my drone around.

I don't use the MAS very often because I'm content to leave a set of 8331s mounted most all the time... but I wouldn't hesitate to use them if I wanted to.

Edit: just weighed them too.
8331 - 7g
MAS - 9g

Last edited:
Reactions: eva2000 and webvan
Thanks, will try to track down some OEM 8331s maybe as I have some MAS for my Air and I'm not entirely convinced, seem more fragile and the Air is a bit less stable.
They do help the Air for reducing perceived noise levels, probably like my m1p and Spark it does reduce db / pitch with lower rpm’s.

I tested them all recently, m1p oem 8330, 8331, MAS Stealth.
And Spark vs Air with oem and MAS.

It’ll be easier on my desktop shortly to find and post the links, so will come back with those in a short while.

Reactions: eva2000 and webvan
My testing.
The Air video is a simply comparo recording perceived noise / pitch.
Reviewing later, I think the Air results were as good as the Spark.

(The Spark comparo for anyone interested
)

The M1P testing included RPM's and simple phone Db levels in the description.

Reactions: eva2000
Thanks for the comparisons.
The MPP seemed maybe a tad less stable with the MAS ?

Thanks for the comparisons.
The MPP seemed maybe a tad less stable with the MAS ?

No problems.

The M1P props are all similar in stability at hover or in flight.
It was really windy that day, hence I was tucked into trees there which blocked most consistent wind, but not gusts blowing through.
All aircraft seemed to descend ever so slightly during the testing, perhaps the even leaf covered ground wasn't helping VPS, or the wind might have been responsible.

I basically use the MAS on both M1P and Spark all the time now, probably for the past 3 years at least.

My testing.
The Air video is a simply comparo recording perceived noise / pitch.
Reviewing later, I think the Air results were as good as the Spark.
Nice, thanks for sharing those videos. I have some Master Airscrew Props for my Mini 2 coming - ordered orange and black sets!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Cheers eva2000, no problems.

Yep, I just got their 4th of July -30% (off some) props emails, every US holiday a sale on, so a little patience goes a long way.
Sometimes the discount is -20% . . . I think -30% seems to apply to the more major holidays.

Also international flat rate shipping is back ! US$17.99 to Oz, no matter how many sets (to a reasonable level I expect).

I had a recent M1P 4 sets / part Spark order (just an extra set) come through, then next day after arrival a Spark -50% offer came through !! :rolleyes:
Never mind, ordered another few sets for mine and an extra set for a Tassie Spark pilot, they are now heading over from Sydney after clearing customs.

Reasonably fast shipping considering the delays still about here and there.
Customs clearance seems to be consistently 3 or 4 days, they must be backlogged with internet shopping orders all the time.

Last order was spot on 14 days, this order now on 11 days, so by the time it gets to my post box it'll probably be about the same.

Yep, I just got their 4th of July -30% (off some) props emails, every US holiday a sale on, so a little patience goes a long way.
Yeah I ordered around June 29th which apparently was when they started their 30% discount too :D

Reasonably fast shipping considering the delays still about here and there.
Customs clearance seems to be consistently 3 or 4 days, they must be backlogged with internet shopping orders all the time.
Yeah noticed that. Tracking my order using AfterShip: The #1 Shipment Tracking Platform so get notifications at each step of the shipment's journey :)

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Yeah noticed that. Tracking my order using AfterShip: The #1 Shipment Tracking Platform so get notifications at each step of the shipment's journey :)

Using the supplied USPS tracking number on the MAS emails, I find tracking that in the USPS site best until it leaves the US, then the same tracking number on the Aust Post page is much better once here and into customs and beyond.
I usually follow both anyway.

No problems.

The M1P props are all similar in stability at hover or in flight.
It was really windy that day, hence I was tucked into trees there which blocked most consistent wind, but not gusts blowing through.
All aircraft seemed to descend ever so slightly during the testing, perhaps the even leaf covered ground wasn't helping VPS, or the wind might have been responsible.

I basically use the MAS on both M1P and Spark all the time now, probably for the past 3 years at least.
So I flew the used MPP I just got yesterday and what a flyer! Fast, quiet and a rock stable connection, not something that can be said for the Spark (had one from 2017 to 2021) or the Air (got a used one in 2021) ;-)
The Air is of course the easiest to carry around in a small bike satchel, especially since you don't need a humongous remote to fly it (same for the Spark and MP).
I wonder when DJI will come to their senses and offer a Mini with a direct smartphone connection. I'll consider getting one at that time!

I flew the used MPP I just got yesterday and what a flyer! Fast, quiet and a rock stable connection
especially since you don't need a ...... remote to fly it
All the reasons why I bought mine last year instead of a Mini 2. Glad you like it.

Welcome to the:
"Legacy?... well yes, but still a great drone" Club :)

Reactions: webvan

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr