DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew props....

R1Mavic

Reactions
re they worth the $30? Clearly quieter, but I read your get a motor error in sport mode. Anyone tried these?

re they worth the $30? Clearly quieter, but I read your get a motor error in sport mode. Anyone tried these?

Yea I like them a lot. Not sure they are as quiet as the MPP props but they are better performance. You can get the black ones straight from Master Airscrew for $19.79 though. I guess unless you are outside the US then idk.

Yea I like them a lot. Not sure they are as quiet as the MPP props but they are better performance. You can get the black ones straight from Master Airscrew for $19.79 though. I guess unless you are outside the US then idk.
Good to know. I will order a set. No sport mode errors?

Oh they are absolutely worth every penny. The different tone they have combined with a significant reduction in noise make them a must have for me. Plus you can get them in bright orange for added visibility. I highly recommend them. I've had no problems in sport mode, altho I haven't flow in sport much with them.

Reactions: Mxs and R1Mavic
Oh they are absolutely worth every penny. The different tone they have combined with a significant reduction in noise make them a must have for me. Plus you can get them in bright orange for added visibility. I highly recommend them. I've had no problems in sport mode, altho I haven't flow in sport much with them.
Good to hear I ordered a set. Thanks

Reactions: TheWolfen
I have an orange set (for improved visibility) and they were too stiff at the pivot, causing excessive vibration until fully spun up. I applied a bit of WD40 lubricant that freed them up and the start up vibration is gone. I like the props; they look well made and are quieter than the originals.

I’m a big fan of MAS props...lower tone, well-made, great performance. Fly sport mode almost exclusively, and have never had any kind of motor error

Master Airscrew 'Stealth - ROCK! I wouldn't fly with anything else ...

MavPro_MA.jpg

are the available for the M2Pro/Zoom yet...?
There's a rumour that MA are working on prop's for the M2Pro series. I saw a note late last year that said they were trying to get a new prop' out for the M2Pro in the first quarter of this year. They have just released the Mavic Air prop's - so have been focussed on those. MA seem to be very hot on providing a prop' that gives an efficiency improvement over the stock DJI version - and therefore, since the stock prop' for the M2P is pretty good - Master Airscrew may have a bit of a challenge!

Reactions: Ken K and mnis
Does the orange really provide much more visibility in flight? Can someone post in flight pics from the ground please? @Mossiback? @FoxhallGH?

I have a set of black MAS, but have yet to use them due to crap weather..
I don't have a picture but the visibility in flight is marginal. It is most apparent when flying close at eye level because of the aircraft tilt. Higher up there is very little difference. The better visibility I was referring to was on the ground or in a tree. I have not had to search for mine yet but the orange props definitely make it stand out against the greens and browns of foliage.

Does the orange really provide much more visibility in flight? Can someone post in flight pics from the ground please? @Mossiback? @FoxhallGH?

I have a set of black MAS, but have yet to use them due to crap weather..
When the orange prop's are spinning, they are almost invisible and don't really add to the ability to see the drone in flight. They are an advantage however, if you are looking for a downed Mavic (that has accidently rough-landed in the wrong place - :( ) , as the stopped prop' blades stand out very well against natural foliage (except in Autumn I guess!).

Thanks for the info, and to the OP, thanks for the post. Sorry for the unintended hijacking. Lol
I just ordered some ARC LEDs to help with visibility.

There's a rumour that MA are working on prop's for the M2Pro series. I saw a note late last year that said they were trying to get a new prop' out for the M2Pro in the first quarter of this year. They have just released the Mavic Air prop's - so have been focussed on those. MA seem to be very hot on providing a prop' that gives an efficiency improvement over the stock DJI version - and therefore, since the stock prop' for the M2P is pretty good - Master Airscrew may have a bit of a challenge!

This is the reply I received in February when I asked about props for the M2.

Jennifer Brown <[email protected]>
Mon 2/4/2019 9:55 AM

Hi Thomas,

Good morning thank you for contacting Master Airscrew. Yes we should be releasing some new Mavic 2’s in the next few weeks, please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Have a great day.

Jennifer Brown | Head of Customer Service

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Windsor Propeller LLC, part of UVIONIX

3219 Monier Circle, Rancho Cordova
California 95742, United States

phone: +1 916.631.8385
fax:
+1 916.631.8386
web:
www.masterairscrew.com
e-mail: [email protected]

Reactions: pvs