DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Masterscrew Propellers

I'm running them on my M2P also, though the noise reduction is noticeable, I don't think it's nearly as much as 65%. When I balanced them, a sample size of twelve props, I found slightly more of them out of balance than the stock props. I let them know and they said I could exchange them . . . no need, I already balanced them. Was hoping they'd do a better job. I suspect, like DJI, they figure the molded parts are "close enough" so they don't bother.

I'm running them on my M2P also, though the noise reduction is noticeable, I don't think it's nearly as much as 65%. When I balanced them, a sample size of twelve props, I found slightly more of them out of balance than the stock props. I let them know and they said I could exchange them . . . no need, I already balanced them. Was hoping they'd do a better job. I suspect, like DJI, they figure the molded parts are "close enough" so they don't bother.
On the MP2 DJI took noise into consideration in the design so it was hard to improve that.

Sar104 ran a test a while back it’s posted in this forum. Net the actual noin decibels is pretty much the same. The frequency of the noise is different such that it seems to be quieter than the stock props.

I find the difference in frequency enough to use the MAS props most of the time. IMO makes the drone less noticeable and after about 250 feet up very hard to hear which for where I fly is preferred.

Downside is the props are thinner and more delicate and the tips are very easily bent so more care has to be taken with them.

Paul C

I have been running them on my MP2. I notice a difference in noise level but I believe it is more of a pitch frequency then decibel level but none the less a difference. Also I am getting about an additional 1.5 minutes out of the batteries but there again that would be a subjective opinion. Overall happy with them and the orange color is cool looking.

Been using Master Air Screw props on all my drones and have been very happy with them.

Reactions: TreeHugger

Can you please share how to balance folding props? Is it necessary?

Reactions: Thewrightstuff
Can you please share how to balance folding props? Is it necessary?

Sure, this is the link to a prior thread:

New fixture to balance folding props

To find out how necessary it is, you can do this:

Check motor rotors for balance: Remove props, start motors at about mid speed and pick drone up to see if you feel vibration. Gently touch each arm to tell which needs attention. If necessary, put a small piece of tape on the side of a motor and see if it improves or makes vibration worse (use a felt tip to mark a reference point. This is trial and error as is the size of the tape "weight". Fortunately motor imbalance is not as common as it is for props.

You can repeat this with all props on. Hold drone in your hand and start motors as low speed, move throttle up to manageable level, feel if there's vibration. To determine which prop is out of balance, repeat test, with only one prop mounted, for each prop.

Last edited:
Looking forward to your report.
My MAS Props on my Mavic Pros are excellent.
I didn't get to fly them until today. No doubt they sound different.
Not sure when I'm going to get to test as far as far as sound level goes.
It won't be super scientific. I plan to use an app on my phone, attempting to measure while hovering, one set - then the other.

Reactions: copterbob
I have the MAS Props on my Mavic Pro and they are excellent. I get about 10% more flught time and there is a perceptible reduction in noise.
I've had MAS props for quite a while and I had just a so so opinion of them. For the last week I've been without a Phone to fly with and my older phone is not compliant so I've just been staying close and flying with just my controller. When you're wrong I guess you should admit it. Just hanging out in the yard and doing airwork type stuff has given me a whole new appreciation for the MAS propeller. I Guess I've just been firing up and buzzing off out of ear shout and didn't really get an idea of how big a difference there is. Unless you fight it real hard, you can learn something new every day :oops:

I've had MAS props for quite a while and I had just a so so opinion of them. For the last week I've been without a Phone to fly with and my older phone is not compliant so I've just been staying close and flying with just my controller. When you're wrong I guess you should admit it. Just hanging out in the yard and doing airwork type stuff has given me a whole new appreciation for the MAS propeller. I Guess I've just been firing up and buzzing off out of ear shout and didn't really get an idea of how big a difference there is. Unless you fight it real hard, you can learn something new every day :oops:

Hey, honesty is all anyone can ask for. I've had folks who never touched (let alone bought) a MAS product say, " the manufacturer puts millions of dollars into R&D on the factory props so after market can not possibly be better". What a bunch of drivel.

Using that logic you would never see after market or 3rd party upgrades for cars, cycles , boats, houses...etc.

I said this wasn't going to be "scientific". The app that measured was run on an iPhone 8 with the front of the phone facing the drone, held at ~7 inches directly in front of the drone (Zoom). See attached for the app info. I encourage you to do your own testing. The app is also capable of measuring frequency which I did not capture. It is also capable of recording video & still photos. (See my profile pic)
It would appear they are both very similar. For 1 minute the OEM averaged 76.3 DBA and the MAS averaged 75.8 - both quite different from what you see in my profile pic, which was not an average, but a snapshot.

@Paul2660 mentioned them sounding different and I think that is what people queue in on and relate the difference to sound level. That was post 5 of this thread.
DBX.jpg

Edit
The post that @Paul2660 was referring to is HERE and has a lot more information.

Last edited:
Reactions: copterbob
I said this wasn't going to be "scientific". The app that measured was run on an iPhone 8 with the front of the phone facing the drone, held at ~7 inches directly in front of the drone (Zoom). See attached for the app info. I encourage you to do your own testing. The app is also capable of measuring frequency which I did not capture. It is also capable of recording video & still photos. (See my profile pic)
It would appear they are both very similar. For 1 minute the OEM averaged 76.3 DBA and the MAS averaged 75.8 - both quite different from what you see in my profile pic, which was not an average, but a snapshot.

@Paul2660 mentioned them sounding different and I think that is what people queue in on and relate the difference to sound level. That was post 5 of this thread.
View attachment 110957

Edit
The post that @Paul2660 was referring to is HERE and has a lot more information.
The pitch is different as well.
I like the stiffness and the apparent increase in power.

I will order my set for my MA2 and test them out here.

Reactions: TreeHugger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99