DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mav3 and Avata among the Joshua Tree

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Have at it :). Footage is from just a bit north of Phoenix for the most part. The Avata had an ND filter of one strength or the other most of the time. Much but not all of the Avata footage was run through Gyroflow. You can see some places where the footage was not stabilized and places where Gyroflow was used. Filming without stabilization gives me both options through Gyroflow, albeit at the cost of some time. Now I'll start cutting the Sedona footage. Or maybe the Saguaro footage. Or ...never mind. Please do view it in 4K !

Could be my monitor, but it seems like you could up the exposure a bit? That would be the only critique I have.

I just got an Avata and I'm not quite sure if I want to go the Gyroflow route or just stick with Rocksteady. I saw one video where the quality seemed to be a wash, so I'm sort of leaning with just using Rocksteady and avoiding adding additional workflow. But curious if you have thoughts on the pros/cons of each.

Have at it :). Footage is from just a bit north of Phoenix for the most part. The Avata had an ND filter of one strength or the other most of the time. Much but not all of the Avata footage was run through Gyroflow. You can see some places where the footage was not stabilized and places where Gyroflow was used. Filming without stabilization gives me both options through Gyroflow, albeit at the cost of some time. Now I'll start cutting the Sedona footage. Or maybe the Saguaro footage. Or ...never mind. Please do view it in 4K !

Forgive me but as you have published the video in the video critiques section, that's what I'm going to do.

I don't really understand the sense and length of the video. It seems to me very long to show always the same landscapes, sceneries, over and over again. After 45 seconds, the rest of the video is too long for me.

Forgive me but as you have published the video in the video critiques section, that's what I'm going to do.

I don't really understand the sense and length of the video. It seems to me very long to show always the same landscapes, sceneries, over and over again. After 45 seconds, the rest of the video is too long for me.
I think that's a fair criticism and I knew it was longer than some folks would want. I just liked all the footage hence it's length. Luckily I just mostly do this for my own enjoyment but I agree with you. Probably too long :).

Could be my monitor, but it seems like you could up the exposure a bit? That would be the only critique I have.

I just got an Avata and I'm not quite sure if I want to go the Gyroflow route or just stick with Rocksteady. I saw one video where the quality seemed to be a wash, so I'm sort of leaning with just using Rocksteady and avoiding adding additional workflow. But curious if you have thoughts on the pros/cons of each.
Thanks for the comment. Maybe right on the exposure :). Gyroflow takes a LONG time. I had so much footage it was several hours of conversions but GF will do a batch thing so I can just start a whole bunch of clips to be stabilized and work on other stuff while that's happening, then when they are ready I have both the non-stablized footage, which can be fun, and the stabilized footage. I also can stabilize with or without horizon lock so I appreciate the flexibility it gives me. I'm retired and have plenty of time to play with this but I fully agree that Rock Steady has a nice FPV look to it and Horizon Steady does an excellent job for most folks who don't want to pay the time penalty.

Reactions: BobaFut
I think that's a fair criticism and I knew it was longer than some folks would want. I just liked all the footage hence it's length. Luckily I just mostly do this for my own enjoyment but I agree with you. Probably too long :).

I'm glad to hear you think it's a fair criticism and you didn't take it badly. Sorry if I have been a bit rude or abrupt.

I'm glad to hear you think it's a fair criticism and you didn't take it badly. Sorry if I have been a bit rude or abrupt.
Constructive criticism is totally fair...particularly in a sub forum for...criticism! No problem!

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
After the first part of the video, the contrast seemed too high, otherwise that was an enjoyable watch. Looks like you had a lot of fun flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej