DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mav3 and Mini 3 can now fly FPV

I have a Mav 3 Cine and DJI Goggles 2 (that came with the Avata). I can't get them to work. I'm guessing you saw some update somewhere?
I've had trouble getting mine connected but it is -suppose-to be able to work and others have.

I've had trouble getting mine connected but it is -suppose-to be able to work and others have.
The video I saw, The guy had the motion controller 2 and lifted off using that and then just took over with the normal rcn1 after in the air.

Maybe the Motion controller IS needed just to use this workaround?

nor do I think you can change lenses. I got mine finally working but I had to unbind my NC-r1. If I have to go into the menu and bind/unbind each time I want to swap I'm not sure this will be worth the effort. A fun thing on occasion perhaps but I use my Mav3 almost exclusively for video and photography and the NC-R1 or, with the Mav 3 Pro, the RC, will always be a better choice. There will be times, I guess when it will be fun to fly the Mav 3 Pro with the Motion Controller but it's limitations will, I think, make it a rare choice for me. Even with the Avata I use the controller from my FPV for better control virtually all the time. When I let a friend borrow my drone then the Motion Controller is easier and more fun for a new person.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Exactly, I will never fly my Cine with the MC2. Ok, I may test out the firmware, but the Mini 3 Pro will be my limit for the Goggles 2 and MC2. It's a neat addition, but limits the functionality of any other aircraft aside from the Avata.

The MC/MC2 and Goggles2/Integra were specifically designed for Avata. The addition of the other aircraft was kind of a 'neat addition."

No offense meant, sincerely, sometimes i struggle for the best diplomatic language... this is unresponsive to the question. I.e. it doesn't describe any distinctive limitation of the camera drones vs. the Avata.

And while i speculatively agree with you, do you know the camera drones were an afterthought, and not part of the release plan all along? The short time between release of Integra and MC2 and firmware supporting this hardware in the camera drones implies strongly in my experience that this was planned for, and is not some afterthought.

Functionality of the camera suffers.

Could you be specific? What limitations does the camera on the Mini3P have using Integra that is functional with the DJI RC or N1 controllers?

No offense meant, sincerely, sometimes i struggle for the best diplomatic language... this is unresponsive to the question. I.e. it doesn't describe any distinctive limitation of the camera drones vs. the Avata.

And while i speculatively agree with you, do you know the camera drones were an afterthought, and not part of the release plan all along? The short time between release of Integra and MC2 and firmware supporting this hardware in the camera drones implies strongly in my experience that this was planned for, and is not some afterthought.

Could you be specific? What limitations does the camera on the Mini3P have using Integra that is functional with the DJI RC or N1 controllers?
No zoom, you cannot change cameras, only 4k60 is available, etc.. I see it as DJI's first attempt to apply a first person view to non-FPV aircraft. While it's fun to fly with these new features it is in no way is a substitute for traditional quad flight and the productive tools they offer.

The fact that you can only use the MC2 to enable the goggles leads me to believe that DJI is hoping to sell a lot of combos including the Integra/Goggoes2/MC2. Brilliant marketing? Time will tell... But currently that is a distinctive limitation.

How is the Avata not limited in exactly the same way?
Simply that the Avata is meant for a different type of use and doesn't even have these features in the first place.

I come to all this nonsense as a old hippy hang glider pilot. Flying FPV...looking down on the world is magical and puts me back in the air...without dry desert air blowing past me...and I'm altitude limited with a drone whereas in my kite I got to 18,200 at on one flight. sigh... :)
That had to be one COLD SOB of a flight, my friend!

That had to be one COLD SOB of a flight, my friend!
I launched at 70F with a down coat hoping to get altitude but never expected that high. I lost a glove on the flight and actually had a hard time getting down. Long story…but got sucked up into a huge cumulonimbus cloud :)…or…not into it but on my way till I had to do some scary stuff to lose altitude. 5hr flight.

If you fly the Mavic 3 with Motion controller 2, can you zoom the camera and if so, how?
Based on what I've read (page 10 of DJI RC Motion 2 user manual) if the aircraft supports "Explore Mode" and you enable it, then you can control the zoom, however its not clear if that function is controlled on the remote or from the Goggles.
When my Goggles 2 and RC motion 2 arrive tomorrow I will be able to confirm if the Classic supports Explore Mode and if it does, how to zoom.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Based on what I've read (page 10 of DJI RC Motion 2 user manual) if the aircraft supports "Explore Mode" and you enable it, then you can control the zoom, however its not clear if that function is controlled on the remote or from the Goggles.
When my Goggles 2 and RC motion 2 arrive tomorrow I will be able to confirm if the Classic supports Explore Mode and if it does, how to zoom.
I can confirm that with the Integra goggles, DIGITAL zoom works on the main camera (Mavic 3) using the wheel on the MC2. I can not find an option to use the 7x optical lens, however. I also can NOT figure out how to get out of FPV mode and get the horizon to stay level. I cant find anything in the settings menu.
It fits fine on me after a couple days. I can use the prescription inserts when I'm wearing glasses and its fine with factory lenses when I wear contacts. Overall, Imm quite happy.
Yes, more camera options are needed asap but I understand where these products are this second. They can only get better with time and updates and Im fine with it right now.
As far as taking pics, its no-hassle. But videos are a whole different beast and I dont think its really possible this second. The camera options are definitely limited ATM

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme