DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MavAir / Litchi / Waypoint Missions / Gimbal Pitch Issue

Yep I do- (set to interpolate on each- but after setting angles with POI)

Here is a Good and Fast Example of HOW I really stress the Gimbal and rotation of the drone-
(Quite a Long flight ) - but fast - 50km/h ave
Gimbal is stressed to Looking Down and UP - is controlled more Accurately with INTERPOLATE …
As long as you REALLY Set the points up (FIrst POI then INTERPOLATE)
I know its a lot of work - to set up - But HEY if you want it accurate...
But You can get Litchi Hub to help with Multi Points - then do interpolate on each.
See this Video

Litchi Hub View - of this FLight ...
f.jpg

Just out of curiosity, do you use interpolate at every waypoint? I had an issue several months ago when I was only setting interpolate at waypoints where I wanted the gimbal angle to change and occasionally had glitches but once I set interpolate at every waypoint (even if it was the same as last WP) it works for me, even if I have lost RC communication.
see full reply with video

Reactions: marklyn
I have a mission that I fly routinely and the gimbal angle (and speed) will not change once radio contact is lost.

The Litchi manual confirms this as well:

"Litchi can control the gimbal pitch automatically during the mission, as long as the aircraft is within range of the remote controller."

-and-

"Warning: This setting is only in effect when the aircraft is in range of the remote controller. If signal is lost during the mission, the aircraft will continue the mission at the speed it was travelling at when it lost signal."

Unless something has changed in recent days (the manual shows it was last updated June 13th), I suspect you're mistaken.

Help - Litchi
Lisadoc, I wonder what is different about our situations?
I went to a very open park today and set up a simple Litchi 6 waypoint mission with altitude changes, speed changes, waypoint actions of tilt camera, pauses, rotate aircraft and flew the first mission normally as to verify that every thing worked as I expected. I then re-launched the mission (after powering off/on Mavic) and as soon as the mission parameters were uploaded 100%, I powered of my controller until the Mavic was finished with the mission. The Mavic did everything exactly the same as the first mission. When I got back home, the Litchi flight logs and Airdata flight logs were very incomplete on mission 2 as expected, but I pulled off the flight data from the Mavic and everything that was programmed into that mission showed up (telemetry and video).
So it's strange that you have a different experience. That surprises me. I'm assuming you're on current fw versions,etc.?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78