DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maven app?

Well the video looks great and the guy has five other drone apps

Anyone tried any of the others would be good feed back

And how does this app has support for Mavic Air 2 and Litchi doesn't?!
Maven has always supported the 'virtual sticks' approach to waypoint missions, but Litchi has only supported the 'autonomous waypoint' method. Since MA2 so far ( and possibly always ) will not support the 'autonomous waypoint' method, Litchi is having to create a 'virtual sticks' implementation in their software. Maven just had to incorporate the new SDK for MA2, but Litchi is having to go back to the drawing board and create new algorithms to be able to support it.

I flew my MA2 with Maven for the first time yesterday - The mission wasn't fancy enough to grab any footage to share, but I'll say that it executed well and rather smoothly. I want to do some more tests adding in some POIs and see if I can get some more sample footage. But, I do like that creating the mission is rather easy and straightforward. It wasn't hard to switch from the Fly app to Maven and even back again after the mission.

Chris

Maven has always supported the 'virtual sticks' approach to waypoint missions, but Litchi has only supported the 'autonomous waypoint' method. Since MA2 so far ( and possibly always ) will not support the 'autonomous waypoint' method, Litchi is having to create a 'virtual sticks' implementation in their software. Maven just had to incorporate the new SDK for MA2, but Litchi is having to go back to the drawing board and create new algorithms to be able to support it.

I flew my MA2 with Maven for the first time yesterday - The mission wasn't fancy enough to grab any footage to share, but I'll say that it executed well and rather smoothly. I want to do some more tests adding in some POIs and see if I can get some more sample footage. But, I do like that creating the mission is rather easy and straightforward. It wasn't hard to switch from the Fly app to Maven and even back again after the mission.

Chris
Thanks a lot for the info! Well then I am looking forward for an Android version of Maven..!

Reactions: DroneToJoy

Chris
Maven not always supported “virtual stick” approach to waypoint mission, that as been add for the mini and now for the air2 , other supported drones by Maven perform autonomous waypoint mission (same as litchi ) .

Maven not always supported “virtual stick” approach to waypoint mission, that as been add for the mini and now for the air2 , other supported drones by Maven perform autonomous waypoint mission (same as litchi ) .
Thanks for the clarification! Same point applies - Maven has already developed "Virtual Sticks", Litchi is having to consider adding it now.

I’ve flown 20 missions on the Maven app, so far quite pleased. My only critique would be the limited POI (3), since the MA2’s flight time gives it much more capability to fly extended missions.

I’ve flown 20 missions on the Maven app, so far quite pleased. My only critique would be the limited POI (3), since the MA2’s flight time gives it much more capability to fly extended missions.

Only three I read like 99 if I remember right

This might be a naive question for a semi seasoned pilot, but why do people use waypoints? Is it to film things out of range? Or just for shots? It seems to be a big feature that I have never used, just curious why it's so critical.

I'm mostly interested in filming pre-planned shots that might be difficult to perform manually (rotating while aimed at a POI, increasing altitude and lowering gimbal all at the same time - I can't imagine ever being able to do that smoothly manually!)

Others use the waypoints for mapping / structure inspection - that way it's automated and the next time that they do the same job, they use the same mission. That's more of a professional use, however.

Some will talk about flying far distances, but for most of us, there is a legal issue there - need to maintain VLOS.

Chris

Is there a way to create the waypoints like the native waypoints, flying to the spot and adding? or is it all virtual

Is there an Android downloadable version anywhere?

Update - the author says that's not an active product. Somehow the APK store produced the link. Will just have to wait for Maven to release for Android. Will use an old iPhone in the meantime.

Is there an Android downloadable version anywhere?
From Maven FAQ -
Q:Where can I download the Android version?

A:Currently the Android version is not available, we assure you that we want an Android version more than anyone else but unfortunately there is no shortcut to bring an app from iOS to Android, every little part has to be totally rewritten and tested. To date, unfortunately, we still don’t have an expected date

Really liking this app so far
Sharing a saved waypoint from iPad to iPhone is so easy.
If you change something on in and send it again it saves both with diff dates
Just hope the Android version will some how link to the Apple and

Not have to pay twice
Still learning and hope it warms up soon.

Really liking this app so far
Sharing a saved waypoint from iPad to iPhone is so easy.
If you change something on in and send it again it saves both with diff dates
Just hope the Android version will some how link to the Apple and

Not have to pay twice
Still learning and hope it warms up soon.
I’d be very surprised if you dont have to pay again for the Android version.... there’s no way your Apple account is going to be visible in Google Play

Hope Michele Vagnetti the owner can send a link to the Mac owners.

Crossing fingers lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM