DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavi Air FW Update - v01.00.0200

It looks like the firmware did fix the shake problem. I have seen some videos showing the fix worked, and I've done a couple of flights with my Air and I no longer having the shake issue either.

Reactions: Alloy
IMU related cold shake issue gone with this update. Video transmission still sucks, lagging even at 50m distance with 2.4G, probably not possible to do better on WiFi. 5.8G a bit better, but incomparable with Mavic Pro.

Where are you flying? I can go out 3km+ with no issues on both 2.4 and 5.8.

Probably something defective then, or someone blasting hugely abnormal power wifi around.

I don't think it's defective. It's expected behavior for WiFi powered solution. They did really great job with their OcuSync in Pro, but Air with its WiFi maybe work/maybe not. What I want to say that Air is not for everyone. In cities (where still allowed to fly) it won't be hassle free expierence. Wouldn't definitely recommend to newbuyers. As a second one I will keep for its portability.

Bz101, please explain more about the smart capture. You say you can now launch it with a double press of the function button with no phone or controller. So you mean this is a button on the drone itself? Also want to know about the group picture option.

Even in congested areas my MA easily does 500m on 2.4 before the first drops. 5.8 is better. I can't think of an environment that completely cuts the feed at <300m unless someone's already hogging the spectrum in the way he shouldn't be.

I don't think it's defective. It's expected behavior for WiFi powered solution. They did really great job with their OcuSync in Pro, but Air with its WiFi maybe work/maybe not. What I want to say that Air is not for everyone. In cities (where still allowed to fly) it won't be hassle free expierence. Wouldn't definitely recommend to newbuyers. As a second one I will keep for its portability.
Dude then something is wrong and you said you're in FCC mode I can get out easy 2 Miles every time in both channels and I'm in wifi Central! .... yeah we all know the mavic pro is better, but this isnt the mavic pro and for what it is "enhanced WiFi" they did a pretty good job. Have you tried going custom and picking a channel on 2.4 or 5.8?

Bz101, please explain more about the smart capture. You say you can now launch it with a double press of the function button with no phone or controller. So you mean this is a button on the drone itself? Also want to know about the group picture option.
Yes ....so the little green status button on the back of the Drone is actually a button so place the aircraft down. you don't need your phone or tablet start the aircraft up give it a good minute or two to acquire satellites and warm up. then press the button 2 times walk over to where you will stand you will see the camera look up at u...profit

The firmware update for the controller mentions changing the default control stick deadband settings. Anyone experience issues with the default settings this firmware changes on the remote? For example, moving the stick forward, does the aircraft have a good response or is there none until the stick is farther away from center? My remote is on older firmware and when I slightly touch the stick, the aircraft is responsive.

The firmware update for the controller mentions changing the default control stick deadband settings. Anyone experience issues with the default settings this firmware changes on the remote? For example, moving the stick forward, does the aircraft have a good response or is there none until the stick is farther away from center? My remote is on older firmware and when I slightly touch the stick, the aircraft is responsive.
Honestly feels the same for me but changing "exp" settings in app. For p mode and sport mode really makes things alive or u can dumb things down

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky