FW Update:
New Mavic Air Firmware Released

Date : 2018.02.09
Aircraft Firmware : v01.00.0200
Remote Controller Firmware : v01.00.0100
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.2.5
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.2.5

Aircraft:
 Added support for using SmartCapture without a remote controller and DJI GO 4. Added a group photo
mode to SmartCapture.
 Optimized GEO Zone management.
 Shortened time taken to power off.
 Optimized transmission quality when transmitting at 2.4 GHz.
 Improved takeoff performance to dampen a shaking phenomenon experienced by some aircraft
during takeoff.
 Improved takeoff performance when taking off in conditions that are not suitable for the Downward
Vision System.
 Optimized Asteroid exposure settings.
 Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented the aircraft from taking off following activation.
 Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the DJI GO 4 app to display a Downward Vision System calibration
error.
 Fixed an issue that caused the battery level display to be incorrect if an Intelligent Flight Battery was not fully
charged when used for the first time.
 Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the aircraft to land unexpectedly.

Remote Controller:
 Added support for using the DJI Goggles Head Tracking Flight feature.
 Shortened time taken to power on.
 Changed default control stick deadband settings.
 Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the remote controller restart automatically.
 Fixed an issue that occasionally caused linking to fail.

Last edited:
....doing it now. takes a while. Over 30 min and I have high-speed internet. still going.

Yes, That link is for the MP and MPP. The Op needs to change the title of this thread to Mavic Pro.

Assistant 2 getting network error trying to download firmware from servers, GO4 is able to.

Updating now, will go test it when I get off work in an couple hours.

They fixed that shaking in cold weather

Reactions: goldwein
Straight through first time for both the Air and the controller. Not flown it yet.

Where is the Assistant 2 that shows the Air? My install shows the Mavic Pro

I updated the Air with DJI Assistant 2, no problems. It only took around 5 minutes. The RC updated through my tablet. It was quick as well and no issues with the update.

Not sure if there is another thread but I connected to my Air just now and there was a firmware (Air) and controller update. Android also had an update to the app.

Updated. Tried goggles. Still don't track yaw. Disappointed.

EDIT: Just checked with Assistant 2 and Goggles connected, and there's a new firmware release for the Goggles too (300). I'm updating, will test again, and report back within the hour.

EDIT2: Okay, pilot error. Gotta have everything on the latest firmware, which makes sense when I think about it (the UI needs to be changed in the Goggles, at the very least, to expose the feature on the Air).

Tracks great, flies like a bad-arse.

Last edited:
Updated. Tried goggles. Still don't track yaw. Disappointed.

EDIT: Just checked with Assistant 2 and Goggles connected, and there's a new firmware release for the Goggles too (300). I'm updating, will test again, and report back within the hour.

EDIT2: Okay, pilot error. Gotta have everything on the latest firmware, which makes sense when I think about it (the UI needs to be changed in the Goggles, at the very least, to expose the feature on the Air).

Tracks great, flies like a bad-arse.
How do you change the UI to expose the feature on the goggles?

Reactions: dwallersv
Does anyone have instructions on the new group photo mode in SmartCapture? Sounds like a great feature especially for hand gestures now that you can launch the mode with a double press of the function button and no phone or controller. Thx.

IMU related cold shake issue gone with this update. Video transmission still sucks, lagging even at 50m distance with 2.4G, probably not possible to do better on WiFi. 5.8G a bit better, but incomparable with Mavic Pro.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki