DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 and DJI Goggles RE flight range issue

I know someone who recently kept reception with the RE Goggles to 2.75 miles or 4.4KM. They were on the latest firmware for both the RE Goggles and Mavic 2. They also had the Pagoda antenna was attached although I am not sure that the antennae made a difference

Last edited:
Reactions: DJI DelBoy
Bc, this seems like it’s definitely something I need to return. I know I’m living in a perfect world when I say this, but add-ons of this price should INCREASE the range. How can they be ok with this.

Maybe that is really the reason, that I have a m2z. People have said that it’s the one with problems but I’ll check firmware again! I really wish that would solve this. You wouldn’t thing those two models would be much different.

The environment you're flying in also affects the range.

It’ll work perfectly fine for about 1000-1500 feet away from you. As soon as that distance comes up, it’ll cut out.

I literally just shut the goggles off and I had full signal like there was never a problem. Turned them back on, no signal.

Something is definitely wrong with the signals that’s causing massive interference.
Mine does the exact thing about 1500 to 1800 out.

I just sent my Goggles RE to DJI for repair. So far the support process went smoothly, I received a UPS label and dropped the parcel to a UPS collect location. I’ll keep you posted of the progress... my reseller informed me that the “core board” would be replaced, seems this is a quite common issue apparently. Fingers x’d !

Reactions: Plusone6
I received my Googles RE 3 weeks after I shipped them to DJI in the Netherlands - I am located in France. Range has definitely been improved, from approx 200 meters to nearly 1km, where video starts to drop. I did not use the external pagoda antenna.
So overall I am rather satisfied as this makes the goggles usable at last... but 1km is far below specs and I will run another test in a different area to see if things get better.

Did you guys have a similar experience ?

Thanks

Reactions: Plusone6
I had mine out to 2.2km the other day in the u.k, I had no issues and full signal on my SC, was in open grassland following a river, I will try a full range test but more than happy with that.

I got 2.2km from mine last weekend, and had no issues, I’m on the latest firmware mp2 pro with SC, and in the U.K.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy