DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 battery discharger?

sea157

Reactions
What is out there that will discharge the Mavic 2 battery down beside using its auto discharge in 10 days with the Go 4 app?
And without running the motors.
I know about the Phantom Angle discharger but that is to high in price.
Anything else on the market?

If you have the USB battery adapter from the FMC you could plug in a lamp or fan or etc. to draw it down. I guess the problem would be monitoring to make sure you don't go to far.

Reactions: sea157
If you have the USB battery adapter from the FMC you could plug in a lamp or fan or etc. to draw it down. I guess the problem would be monitoring to make sure you don't go to far.

Might you have a link to this.
Sounds like something I would be interested in.

What is out there that will discharge the Mavic 2 battery down beside using its auto discharge in 10 days with the Go 4 app?
And without running the motors.
I know about the Phantom Angle discharger but that is to high in price.
Anything else on the market?
here is my home made discharger i use it for my mav ph3 and standard 3cell lipos it works very well and uses a standard 55w car spotlight 12volt bulb as the load it does get hot so hence the home made holder to keep it away from touching anything when it is onFHD0024.JPGFHD0025.JPG

here is my home made discharger i use it for my mav ph3 and standard 3cell lipos it works very well and uses a standard 55w car spotlight 12volt bulb as the load it does get hot so hence the home made holder to keep it away from touching anything when it is onView attachment 59390View attachment 59391

I like that !
Could you post some pictures how the wireing is hooked up on it?

Reactions: old man mavic
IRCtek makes this battery discharger that's able to discharge batteries down to 60%. It has no reviews and appears to be a newly released product. However, they do have good reviews on most of their other products.

1547840263229.png

I like that !
Could you post some pictures how the wireing is hooked up on it?
its quite simple just keep the polarity correct from the battery to the bulb use the outside of the bulb for neg and the middle one for pos and solder the wires to the type of connector your battery uses i used the car charger wire that came with the mav flymore kit as i did not need it and cut and soldered it to the bulb then i used a spare connector that fits into the phantom batts and finally one that connects to my 3c batts they are all soldered to the bulb and i also fitted a switch to the positive wire so as to disconnect the current flow before turning off the battery the DJI batts let you know by the lights how much power is left in them and for the 3c ones i use a meter that plugs into the balance lead to give me the remaining charge value the 55w load is not far off from the loading of the drones motors when they are flying and it does not make the batts overheat they just feel slightly warm i used this set up to discharge my 3c batts before i had my DJI drones and just modified it to work with them

its quite simple just keep the polarity correct from the battery to the bulb use the outside of the bulb for neg and the middle one for pos and solder the wires to the type of connector your battery uses i used the car charger wire that came with the mav flymore kit as i did not need it and cut and soldered it to the bulb then i used a spare connector that fits into the phantom batts and finally one that connects to my 3c batts they are all soldered to the bulb and i also fitted a switch to the positive wire so as to disconnect the current flow before turning off the battery the DJI batts let you know by the lights how much power is left in them and for the 3c ones i use a meter that plugs into the balance lead to give me the remaining charge value the 55w load is not far off from the loading of the drones motors when they are flying and it does not make the batts overheat they just feel slightly warm i used this set up to discharge my 3c batts before i had my DJI drones and just modified it to work with them

And do you think this will work for the Mavic 2 also, they are 4 cell batteries?

And do you think this will work for the Mavic 2 also, they are 4 cell batteries?
i dont see why not the phantom 3 ones are 4c and i have not blown the bulb discharging them yet the only difference i have found is that it gets hotter when discharging the ph3 batts due to the higher voltage i would recommend the use of a on off switch for the live feed so that there is no possibility of a short when connecting or disconnecting the battery from the bulb

i dont see why not the phantom 3 ones are 4c and i have not blown the bulb discharging them yet the only difference i have found is that it gets hotter when discharging the ph3 batts due to the higher voltage i would recommend the use of a on off switch for the live feed so that there is no possibility of a short when connecting or disconnecting the battery from the bulb

Sounds good to me I am going to give it a try.

Mavic 2 uses a new generation of BMS. In addition to monitoring the battery's status during flight, the BMS provides overcharge and over discharge protection to reduce the likelihood of battery damage. When the Intelligent Flight Battery isn't in use for long periods of time, it automatically discharges to 50% charge—so it maintains the optimum charge level for extended battery life.

Mavic 2 uses a new generation of BMS. In addition to monitoring the battery's status during flight, the BMS provides overcharge and over discharge protection to reduce the likelihood of battery damage. When the Intelligent Flight Battery isn't in use for long periods of time, it automatically discharges to 50% charge—so it maintains the optimum charge level for extended battery life.

Yes but the auto discharge time in the Go 4 app cannot be set below 10 days anymore, and I think 10 days is way to long to have a battery charged above the storage voltage. I liked it when you could set the discharge time to a day or two.

the OP was asking about devises to discharge batts for extended periods of storage such as during the winter when weather is not good for flying even if the DJI batts do discharge themselves after 10 days it is not a good thing to leave them fully charged for that length of time and they should be fully charged at least once a month if not used during that time having a way to discharge them apart from flying the drone allows this process to be accomplished and it is also a way to do the deep cycle discharge that DJI recommend after 20 or so cycles this keeps the batts chemistry in good shape and allows them to keep their ability to charge up 100 per cent

Yes but the auto discharge time in the Go 4 app cannot be set below 10 days anymore, and I think 10 days is way to long to have a battery charged above the storage voltage. I liked it when you could set the discharge time to a day or two.
Maybe the discharging process is optimised by the producer, who knows, I guess :)

Maybe the discharging process is optimised by the producer, who knows, I guess :)
on the mav 1 it was possible to alter the number of days before auto dis charge started dont know why this was changed on mav 2 maybe DJI know the answer

IRCtek makes this battery discharger that's able to discharge batteries down to 60%. It has no reviews and appears to be a newly released product. However, they do have good reviews on most of their other products.

View attachment 59429
I was under the understanding that you should never bring a LIPO dow

View attachment 59429
I was under the understanding that you should never bring down your Lipo's to "0" . What's your opinion? I hold mine at 50%. when in storage.

on the mav 1 it was possible to alter the number of days before auto dis charge started dont know why this was changed on mav 2 maybe DJI know the answer

I agree, that is one option that should not have been changed. In my opinion 10 days is way to long to have a LIPO battery above storage charge.

I was under the understanding that you should never bring a LIPO dow

I was under the understanding that you should never bring down your Lipo's to "0" . What's your opinion? I hold mine at 50%. when in storage.

On mine after every 20 charges I bring them down to "0" to cycle them. After bring them down to "0" they are charged to 100 then brought down to storage charge. I always seen to have good luck and long life cycle with my LIPO battery's using this procedures.

I just found out from Alex I can use my Phantom Angle discharger on my Mavic 2.
I have one made for my Phantom 3 Pro and my Mavic Pro.
And he said I can use the Phantom 3 Pro circuit side of it on my Mavic 2 (just need to attach a Mavic 2 battery connector to it)!
Everything is GOOD now, I am very happy!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki