DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 cameras

droneted

Reactions
I am working on a solution for the repair of the pro and zoom cameras. I can tell you what I have learned so far.
They are difficult to tear down
Signal cable breaks easy
The main board on top is calibrated to the yaw motor.
You can’t just replace the yaw motor or the main board.
The roll arm bends easy in a hard landing.
You have to use a heat gun or hair dryer to get the caps off. They will melt if you use too much heat.

I am working on a solution for the repair of the pro and zoom cameras. I can tell you what I have learned so far.
They are difficult to tear down
Signal cable breaks easy
The main board on top is calibrated to the yaw motor.
You can’t just replace the yaw motor or the main board.
The roll arm bends easy in a hard landing.
You have to use a heat gun or hair dryer to get the caps off. They will melt if you use too much heat.
DJI does not repair them, even though they may give you a quote to do so. They simply replace them!

I know, that is why we have to figure these out.
I about have it. You can get parts out of China for most of what we need. I don’t like the signal cables but the yaw arms and roll are ok. Disassembly will be the hardest part for most. I have repaired about 10 so far. the first few were not pretty.

I have replaced my Mavic Pro’s gimbal ribbon cable and the camera signal camera with success. However I am having a camera boot up problem, at first the camera comes on but there is no control. Also shows “gimbal disconnect” message, every 30 seconds the camera acts like it is re-booting and after 2 to 3 attempts it’s comes on and I have full control. I bought the MP used and have had this issue for about a year now?‍♂️
M2P and M2Z are quite different from the MP! This thread is only about the Mavic 2 cameras. Please see thread title.