DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 compatible with DJI Goggles, need firmware update

600 is for the racing edition and came out a week ago.
500 is for white and as he said is supposed to come out today.

Great Guys, Thanks for the update. That will be the one I'll be looking for. At their site now Cant wait.
Just a follow up:

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Just installed and tested it a bit.

* It works, and looks great.
* Liveview 1080P30 (HD Mode) and 720P30 (Default) work. 720P60 ('Smooth') is not available.
* Setting Liveview to HD Mode switches the recording mode (like always) but it can be switched back.
* There is only one 4K recording selection in-goggle and it sets to 4K Full FOV. 4K HQ can be set via the GO app.
* When you link, it forces the Mav 2 into 2.4GHz only; even when not using the goggles. Updating the setting is disabled in the app and to re-enable 5.8GHz or Auto you need to relink the controller (and I presume, therefore unlink goggles)...bummer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Causetout
Is it just wishful thinking on my part or is the screen image much crisper with the pro lens? Psychosomatic or not?

Is it just wishful thinking on my part or is the screen image much crisper with the pro lens? Psychosomatic or not?
Anecdotally, it looks better to me too (vs. the Mav 1) - but I don't have the 1 around to compare anymore.

Last edited:
Though I was going nuts. trying the Mavic pro and then M2 pro. I know someone will do a split screen test so we can all see soon. By the time I boot up the other to compare. I have already forgotten what craft I was using. Problem with getting old. :(

... I wish I could. So far I had no luck at getting the goggles to update firmware. DJI strength is not on the software side ..

Normal Goggles.... its just that it takes hours to download before it then stalls.... Wonder if the lag is on their servers or my ISP...

Using mobile device or assistant? It's a full Mavic Pro package so around 200MB.

Note it's available in the "alternative" tools if you'd rather use that.

Updated original white goggles a few days ago right after it was released . Worked like a charm. Through missing certain features/ mode.Download took about two minutes. Picture quality much better than with Mavic pro one to my eyes at least. Maybe it’s because it’s a better camera on the new Mavic. Don’t know what it looks like on the zoom maybe somebody can fill in on that. I saw no lag time and have not had time to test the distant lot of rain and now And a hurricane come up the East Coast. Just grateful that the white goggles works with the Maverick 2 pro and not have to buy another goggles.

Reactions: Tuomok
You can only update using the mobile device if you have a Mavic Pro. Otherwise need to find someone with a "real" computer...

You can only update using the mobile device if you have a Mavic Pro. Otherwise need to find someone with a "real" computer...
I’m retired and travel all the time. Spend most of my time on the water .A (Real Computer) gets trashed. iPads survive.
Good Luck Dude

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1