DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 controller is acting odd

RadarDave

Reactions
It started off beeping with a "Center Stick Error" I did a IMU Calibration and I think it fixed that issue. BUT, I have been noticing lately that the drone is drifting to the left all of the time. It will not sit still. It also spins the whole time it's RTH and does not find it's precision landing zone (Pad). It also pans to the left when trying to zoom in. It won't keep a manual tilt. I have calibrated both the compass and the IMU with no avail.

Is this an issue I will have to sent it to DJI for a fix? Hope you can help. -=Dave=-

Start by doing an RC calibration. Leave the drone turned off, and hook up your RC to your flight device. Go into Camera View, tap the three dots in the upper right corner, and scroll down to RC Calibration. Follow directions from there, and don't forget the scroll wheels. They are part of it...

Thanks to a post by Scro, try looking at the replay of an affected flight in the me section of the front page of the Go4 App.
When the replay is running tap the controller symbol at the bottom of the replay and the joystick should appear.
Did you make any unknown inputs? Also, do you see any messages you missed?

Welcome to the club...
The message "STICK ERR" is displayed on the ERC display and it emits an intermittent but continuous beep. Even if this beep disappears, you must perform the RC calibration.
There was a time when my RC would show this error every time I turned it on for no apparent "technical" reason. (Logically I had to perform the RC calibration if I wanted to fly ..9
After the last update of the "firmware" it disappeared completely ...
And yes .. if you do not perform the RC calibration, you will have incidents of the "odorless effect" type or that the drone makes "yaws" or unwanted or ordered movements.
Update the Firmware and the DJI Go 4 flight App, and if the incident continues ... you will have no choice but to send the RC to Technical Service ..

Slow uncontrolled yaw is more often attributed to AC compass issue, but biased stick input can do that too.

Since the joysticks operate by magnets and hall effect sensors, an external magnetic interference could affect the sticks. Some tablets and tablet/phone cases contain magnets. Also some have used magnetic USB adapters that also affected the sticks at times.

Reactions: Otisangb
I forgot to tell you that an error of that type can give you many problems ...
In the operational test flights (I am an operator authorized by the AESA Spain air authority) we have to "simulate" a FAIL SAFE .. and cause the RTH due to loss of signal ... if you have this error ... even though you calibrate RC before the flight ... when you turn it off, and turn it on again, you may see the stick error again and have problems with the recovery of the aircraft ...

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett