DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Crash

Which is why, I've left the low battery warning at 25%, but I land by 30%. You don't have to wait till the Smart RTH is about to kick in, to plan your landing.

Which is why, I've left the low battery warning at 25%, but I land by 30%. You don't have to wait till the Smart RTH is about to kick in, to plan your landing.
I just turned off Smart RTH and manage that aspect of my flying myself. Always monitoring the telemetry anyway. I should add both occurences happened when I was @ 15-20% so no idea why it thinks it needs to RTH when its literally hovering 1-2m over its home-point.

I think there's something weird. If smart RTH was activated, why didn't it go down to the home point or its current location? Why did he fly backwards and to a place that had nothing to do with the home point, even though I just dropped the left stick down?

Why did he fly backwards and to a place that had nothing to do with the home point, even though I just dropped the left stick down?
This warning was showing from 20:08.9 until 20:13.8.
Perhaps it's a clue?
i-CmkFZQJ-XL.jpg

I think there's something weird. If smart RTH was activated, why didn't it go down to the home point or its current location? Why did he fly backwards and to a place that had nothing to do with the home point, even though I just dropped the left stick down?
Is it possible that you were walking toward the drone and you were the obstacle it was avoiding? Also, was the drone facing you or faced away? If it was facing you then the controls are reversed and maybe that was part of the problem. I don’t mean to insult you but I don’t know your experience level.

Is it possible that you were walking toward the drone and you were the obstacle it was avoiding? Also, was the drone facing you or faced away? If it was facing you then the controls are reversed and maybe that was part of the problem. I don’t mean to insult you but I don’t know your experience level.
I used MavicPro for 1 year, I have been using MP2 for 2 months. This is my first accident. I was sitting on a bench in the back of the drone. The front side was not facing me, the house was facing the point and there was no obstacle in front of it. Suddenly, he started going backwards and hit the tree. My drawing is bad, maybe it can help.

This warning was showing from 20:08.9 until 20:13.8.
Perhaps it's a clue?
i-CmkFZQJ-XL.jpg
I'm guessing that you gave the warning when the drone started going backwards. He probably saw the tree as an obstacle before he hit it. But he still hit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman