DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 dual no intelligent flight modes?

Steel62

Reactions
I got a problem, has anyone got the same, I just got a mavic 2 dual, and am using the reccomended pilot app, while the weather has been rotten ive not been out but over the xmas period i had a chance to get out there, im exited as its only the 4th time ive been flying it. Im sure it was there b4 but now all the intelligent flight modes have gone even the auto take off and land has gone off the left of screen, and b4 you say anything ive updated and checked its in p mode etc etc, so what's happening im sure it was there on my first flight, ive searched all the menus and cant find it, have dji removed it from the pilot app, if so whats the point, it makes the drone just a flyable thing which is ok for most of the time but for the money im paying i want all the toys and tricks! Any ideas.....anyone!

I got a problem, has anyone got the same, I just got a mavic 2 dual, and am using the reccomended pilot app, while the weather has been rotten ive not been out but over the xmas period i had a chance to get out there, im exited as its only the 4th time ive been flying it. Im sure it was there b4 but now all the intelligent flight modes have gone even the auto take off and land has gone off the left of screen, and b4 you say anything ive updated and checked its in p mode etc etc, so what's happening im sure it was there on my first flight, ive searched all the menus and cant find it, have dji removed it from the pilot app, if so whats the point, it makes the drone just a flyable thing which is ok for most of the time but for the money im paying i want all the toys and tricks! Any ideas.....anyone!

Pilot app never had IFM.
You might have encountered a glitch prior the update you made that sometimes a M2ED could be flown with GO4. But that glitch was removed by DJI

Reactions: Steel62
So you’re saying you have a Mavic 2 “dual” Enterprise model? I’m sure that all of the options you mentioned not having weren’t even made available for that version. It’s marketed as more of a thermal camera platform and more of an “industrial” type tool. You might want to look into that.

Last edited:
Pilot app never had IFM.
You might have encountered a glitch prior the update you made that sometimes a M2ED could be flown with GO4. But that glitch was removed by DJI
Hi, what gets me if that is so then where has the auto take off button gone, now that is something that I know it used to have as ive used it on my first flight. So your suggestion that its a glitch may be right, lets hope so as i cant see why dji would put out 3 drones (mavic 2 range) all the same but with different camera capabilities but one with minimal software, im assuming that the mavic zoom and the hassleblad version all have IFM.

Hi, what gets me if that is so then where has the auto take off button gone, now that is something that I know it used to have as ive used it on my first flight. So your suggestion that its a glitch may be right, lets hope so as i cant see why dji would put out 3 drones (mavic 2 range) all the same but with different camera capabilities but one with minimal software, im assuming that the mavic zoom and the hassleblad version all have IFM.
See my post above. The model you bought isn’t even made to run on the go 4 app, it’s a different model with different intent and WAY fewer bells a whistles. No IFM of ANY kind and made to run on the PILOT APP. No follow me, and this and that. The information is out there, at this point all you can really do is sell it and hope that you don’t get beat up to bad on your loss. It really pays to research the equipment that you’re spending thousands of dollars on before you part with your money. It’s not DJI’s or the drones fault.

Last edited:
See my post above. The model you bought isn’t even made to run on the go 4 app, it’s a different model with different intent and WAY fewer bells a whistles. No IFM of ANY kind and made to run on the PILOT APP. No follow me, and this and that. The information is out there, at this point all you can really do is sell it and hope that you don’t get beat up to bad on your loss. It really pays to research the equipment that you’re spending thousands of dollars on before you part with your money. It’s not DJI’s or the drones fault.
Im using the pilot app, read my post properly b4 having a go, plus it did have auto take off when i first used it, Mavic 2 series of 3 drones is the same body and hardware, just camera is different therefore the software to run it shouldnt. Maybe i should have looked into it more but as a qualified pilot doing search and rescue, i thought it was best choice.

May I ask what kind of IFM you want to use while running SAR missions?
I, like 99% of drone flyers, like to go and fly for fun sometimes, and while all pointers are stating no IFM'S on my mavic2 ed, im shocked by the fact that my humble phantom 3 has IFmodes that cost me £800, but something that cost over £2000, has none.

Reactions: Eat More Possum
Im using the pilot app, read my post properly b4 having a go, plus it did have auto take off when i first used it, Mavic 2 series of 3 drones is the same body and hardware, just camera is different therefore the software to run it shouldnt. Maybe i should have looked into it more but as a qualified pilot doing search and rescue, i thought it was best choice.
I think by my answer being quite clear it’s obvious I read and comprehended your post, I don’t think my understanding is the one in question here. Right you are using the PILOT APP that’s why you don’t have IFM of any kind!!! The Enterprise isn’t compatible with the DJI GO 4 App! You do not have IFM available to you on the Enterprise nor will you ever have. How “experienced” did you say you were again?

I think by my answer being quite clear it’s obvious I read and comprehended your post, I don’t think my understanding is the one in question here. Right you are using the PILOT APP that’s why you don’t have IFM of any kind!!! The Enterprise isn’t compatible with the DJI GO 4 App! You do not have IFM available to you on the Enterprise nor will you ever have. How “experienced” did you say you were again?
[Language removed by Admin], i came on here for help and to be part of a drone community, yes ive only had 4 years experience and my mavic is brand new but i never said i knew it all, part of life's lessons is to be wrong sometimes but that makes you learn more, but to put me down with snide comments, words fail me, if part of you plan is to alienate me, you done it im pulling out of this forum no thanks to you!

[Language removed by Admin], i came on here for help and to be part of a drone community, yes ive only had 4 years experience and my mavic is brand new but i never said i knew it all, part of life's lessons is to be wrong sometimes but that makes you learn more, but to put me down with snide comments, words fail me, if part of you plan is to alienate me, you done it im pulling out of this forum no thanks to you!
Don’t let me be an ambassador of anything on this form, I represent me, myself, and I. I just wasn’t keen on being told to read a post properly when the answer you were seeking was given to you multiple posts ago by another member as well as by myself. Don’t make it into something it’s not but I was just curious how someone could take for granted a $2000+ aircrafts capabilities on assumptions. If I were going to use an aircraft for SAR or any other professional purposes then the specs of that craft would be doubly important less it not even be able to carry out its intended purpose/mission.

you could try see if litchi ifm work on Mavic 2 enterprise just a thought....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nenad