DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC 2 ENTERPRISE ALTITUDE ISSUES

Your issue may be the one that some other users have mentioned about altitude inconsistency with this model, but if this is the case, it's hard to be certain.
The "Above Ground" toggle enables basic terrain following functions if each way point is relative to ground. I understand that it is a calculated height relative to the take off / home height.
Litchi uses a digital elevation model (DEM) for setting waypoints above ground level, rather than sensing the ground height.
The DEM is not precise enough for accurate flights at low AGL heights.
I read somewhere that under something like 30m the optical and barometer sensors are used to monitor the drones altitude and GPS above that?
I haven't seen the enterprise model, but if it's like all other DJI drones, it uses the barometric sensor as the primary height sensor.
The VPS will operate when very low to provide landing protection and prevent running into the ground, but the height you see on screen comes exclusively from the barometric sensor and is only relative to launch point..
GPS is not used for altitude at any height.

Litchi uses a digital elevation model (DEM) for setting waypoints above ground level, rather than sensing the ground height.
The DEM is not precise enough for accurate flights at low AGL heights.

I've used this drone 3d mapping, bird scaring and even cattle mustering in hill country for a few years. In the vineyard last vintage it worked fine from memory, but I did a firmware upgrade in Feb 2023 and the problem with altitude started happening. I don't know what version I was on prior to the latest upgrade unfortunately.

To dial in low altitude flying I typically set the Litchi way points to 30m/100 feet and see how it goes, then lower by 5m or so each round until I get low enough for my use case. I agree doing a flight low altitude without testing is risky, I've caught a couple trees that way in the past and learned my lesson.

Attachments

• IMG_1869.JPG
    IMG_1869.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 3
From the uk.
I’ve been taking a 6 month break from flying while the pheasant pluckers get their 6 months roaming across the cold and muddy fields, shotguns in hand.
This evening I flew for the first time this year with the Enterprise Dual, fresh out of hibernation it flew well, landing on the 1 meter square pad. Height still being an issue but the first flight went as expected.
Second and third flights were not as good, height as well as it not turning to face the takeoff direction plus landing positioning were all noted and required pilot intervention to land it where it took off from.
By now I think it’s fair to say that the Enterprise models have issues beyond the capabilities of DJI to correct, we as operators will have to live with its shortcomings which for me have put me off buying further products of this nature.
DJI would do well to learn that as a business you have to accept and admit things have not gone according to plan, DJI should have stepped up and offered all affected customers a refund or a respectable deal on alternative equipment, instead they have chosen to deny there are problems and in the process alienate loyal customers.
My aging DJI Mavic Pro on the other hand flies perfectly and is a credit to DJI which only goes to reinforce the fact that the Enterprise Dual has issues the likes of which DJI cannot address.

From the uk.
I’ve been taking a 6 month break from flying while the pheasant pluckers get their 6 months roaming across the cold and muddy fields, shotguns in hand.
This evening I flew for the first time this year with the Enterprise Dual, fresh out of hibernation it flew well, landing on the 1 meter square pad. Height still being an issue but the first flight went as expected.
Second and third flights were not as good, height as well as it not turning to face the takeoff direction plus landing positioning were all noted and required pilot intervention to land it where it took off from.
By now I think it’s fair to say that the Enterprise models have issues beyond the capabilities of DJI to correct, we as operators will have to live with its shortcomings which for me have put me off buying further products of this nature.
DJI would do well to learn that as a business you have to accept and admit things have not gone according to plan, DJI should have stepped up and offered all affected customers a refund or a respectable deal on alternative equipment, instead they have chosen to deny there are problems and in the process alienate loyal customers.
My aging DJI Mavic Pro on the other hand flies perfectly and is a credit to DJI which only goes to reinforce the fact that the Enterprise Dual has issues the likes of which DJI cannot address.
Yeah, just flew my Mavic 2 Enterprise dual using a DroneDeploy mission. Set it for 150 feet altitude and when it came back and landed, it was showing touching down at the same spot it took off from at -250 feet of altitude. So it's flying WAY too high.

I think I'm done with DJI products.

Yes I think I am too, in fact I think I’m being forced into retiring by regulations the likes of which fully qualified pilots are subjected to without the need for me to have ever been on a course or properly trained, you just pick it up as you go along!
I can add to that, as a ham radio operator in the uk you have to go on a course, reach a certain level of understanding, then take and pass an exam to show that you are a fit and competent person who is fully aware of what you can and cannot do, from then on its all about, and I quote “self training”
I used to hold a firearms certificate, I had to join a club, attend regularly to gain a lot of experience and demonstrate safe handling of an assortment of weapons, then the police become involved when you are put forward by the club for a certificate to own firearms and ammunition, your parents are interviewed and so am I as well as club members, check after check after check. Eventually you receive your certificate, you buy a weapon and then the early morning visits happen, to see if it’s locked away where it’s supposed to be and not stored with the ammunition, does the serial number match that of the weapon listed on your certificate etc etc and quite rightly so, just as it should be.

But as a UAV pilot I can take to the skies without the need to attend any sort of training course apart from something done online and if I’m of a mind (and some people are) wreak havoc. Thankfully like you and those of us who choose to meet up on forums and user groups like this we take our flying seriously, it might look like a toy but it most certainly is not, it can get you into serious trouble which, like I said seems odd to me considering we’re all “self training” and not qualified, maybe we should remember that excuse if we ever end up in court.

Hello everybody,

I wanted to update you with my findings especially if you are flying the MAVIC 2 ENTERPRISE DUAL.
Yesterday 18May 2023 I finally decided to do the one job I hate again, calibrating the cameras, bottom, back, left and right side using the calibration screen using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, it’s a pig of a job to do but once done I took the M.E.D for a fly, it was a lot better with a landing discrepancy of -50ft and -58ft at worst.
Today, the next day I flew again and found it landed with a discrepancy of 5ft and not a minus figure either. This is the first time I have landed with almost perfect accuracy since May 2021 and I’m hoping it’s not just a one off.

I know there are a few out there with this aircraft and identical altitude issues. I would strongly recommend going through the camera calibration process again, maybe a few times as it is a difficult cumbersome job to do, more so if you happen to be left handed and then trying the aircraft again, I’m not keen turning features off as a workaround to get it to fly properly which it didn’t really cure the problem.
I’m going to fly again now, hopefully with the same results, good luck to you with calibrating those pesky cameras.

Hello everybody,

I wanted to update you with my findings especially if you are flying the MAVIC 2 ENTERPRISE DUAL.
Yesterday 18May 2023 I finally decided to do the one job I hate again, calibrating the cameras, bottom, back, left and right side using the calibration screen using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, it’s a pig of a job to do but once done I took the M.E.D for a fly, it was a lot better with a landing discrepancy of -50ft and -58ft at worst.
Today, the next day I flew again and found it landed with a discrepancy of 5ft and not a minus figure either. This is the first time I have landed with almost perfect accuracy since May 2021 and I’m hoping it’s not just a one off.

I know there are a few out there with this aircraft and identical altitude issues. I would strongly recommend going through the camera calibration process again, maybe a few times as it is a difficult cumbersome job to do, more so if you happen to be left handed and then trying the aircraft again, I’m not keen turning features off as a workaround to get it to fly properly which it didn’t really cure the problem.
I’m going to fly again now, hopefully with the same results, good luck to you with calibrating those pesky cameras.

I own a Mavic 2 Enterprise (Zoom). I have never had the altitude problem until recently. I have detailed flight logs and I can say for certain that my problem started after upgrading the firmware for the aircraft, controller and DJI Pilot.

I updated the following in early November 2022
Aircraft to 01.01.092
Controller 01.01.0072
DJI Pilot 2.5.1.15

After doing this every single flight has an incorrect altitude displaying with it being more extreme in most of the cases.
While I did not go back and check every single flight record, I did check a large random number of them and before these firmware updates, I had never had this problem. But after this, it shows on every single flight record with the majority being extreme deviations.

While I agree with others that this should be a barometer calibration problem, I did the only things I am allowed and capable of doing, calibrated all sensors, refreshed my firmwares. I will be conducting a flight test today, but I have a feeling that this will not fix this.

My question is where can I obtain the older firmwares for this aircraft? And will I be able to downgrade firmwares. On DJI Assistant 2, there are no options to downgrade the firmwares and since this aircraft is discontinued, the Download page for it on DJI's website does not have the firmware packages.

While this is not a game changer, it does add some difficulty in regards to flying and remaining safe and compliant.

An interesting update on my Mavic 2 Enterprise altitude problem.

I recently purchased a DJI Basic Maintenance for this sUAS. It includes:

Basic Service
Through detailed inspection, deep cleaning, firmware updates and calibration, the impact of the operating environment on the aircraft as well as unnecessary losses will be reduced.

87871f687f2b1bb8a843143cde2ef5f7.svg
Deep Clean
Parts Inspection
Update & Calibration

When you fill out the maintenance form when creating a maintenance ticket, it asks if there are any problems with the sUAS. I informed them of the altitude problem.

I received a phone call from the DJI Repair Center. They stated that the problem was from malfunctioning vision positioning sensors. They also told me that due to time constraints they were not going to repair my aircraft, but replace it.

The sUAS is currently in shipment, but the update they sent me shows a new serial number for the sUAS.

I am not sure if they truly know if this not too uncommon problem is from the vision position sensors, or if the whole process was just easier to give me a new or refurbished sUAS.

The price of the maintenance was $139 and the price of the repair/replacement was $89.

I will update this post on the condition of the replacement sUAS upon arrival.

I have read various posts on nightmares with DJI Customer Service, but I am in the double digits with them and have always been more than pleased with the final outcomes.

Reactions: 3Greens

Basic Service
Through detailed inspection, deep cleaning, firmware updates and calibration, the impact of the operating environment on the aircraft as well as unnecessary losses will be reduced.

Deep Clean
Parts Inspection
Update & Calibration

When you fill out the maintenance form when creating a maintenance ticket, it asks if there are any problems with the sUAS. I informed them of the altitude problem.

I received a phone call from the DJI Repair Center. They stated that the problem was from malfunctioning vision positioning sensors. They also told me that due to time constraints they were not going to repair my aircraft, but replace it.

The sUAS is currently in shipment, but the update they sent me shows a new serial number for the sUAS.

I am not sure if they truly know if this not too uncommon problem is from the vision position sensors, or if the whole process was just easier to give me a new or refurbished sUAS.

The price of the maintenance was $139 and the price of the repair/replacement was $89.

I have read various posts on nightmares with DJI Customer Service, but I am in the double digits with them and have always been more than pleased with the final outcomes.
Could we have a link to the request for a

Basic Service

Deep Clean
Parts Inspection
Update & Calibration

I have read various posts on nightmares with DJI Customer Service, but I am in the double digits with them and have always been more than pleased with the final o

Basic Service

Deep Clean
Parts Inspection
Update & Calibration

Hi, could we have a link please to the request for a basic maintenance service, I don’t see why we should have to pay out to get the item replaced when the issue is affecting multiple customers world wide, this is a DJI problem to which they have turned a blind eye for too long, why are they suddenly interested now?!?!?!

Regards.

Link to DJI Maintenance Page: Enterprise Maintenance - DJI

You must purchase the maintenance code from a vendor, DJI does not sell the maintenance plan code, a vendor does.

I purchased mine from Advexure.
Link: DJI Enterprise Drone Maintenance Program

You must choose the sUAS and then the maintenance type. For our End of Life Mavic 2 Enterprise, only the Basic Maintenance plan is available for $139.00.

DJI shipped mine back 2 Day UPS, it will be here tomorrow.
I will update this post after receiving the aircraft.

I just received the sUAS back.
It's a new or refurbished aircraft.
It is flawless and has all the normal packing stickers on the various sensors.

This was my oldest bird. So it is now pretty much back to 0 flights and flight hours so it should have a long service life ahead of it.

I just sent in my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced for the same maintenance service (Basic) and my Phantom 4 RTK will go in for the same treatment next.

On the maintenance itself, you receive a professional quality inspection report (5 pages).

1706992685288.png

Please update this post again when you get the Mavic 2 enterprise advanced back and have sent it up a few times.
When my E. Dual was replaced the first flight altitude was perfect - no discrepancies but the second flight and every flight ever since has had severe altitude discrepancies.

Personally I’m done with DJI, China and the unwillingness to fix what is obviously a flight safety issue.

Regards.

The aircraft in question for the altitude problem was my Mavic 2 Enterprise (Zoom).
It was the aircraft replaced and it is either a new aircraft or a flawless refurbished unit.
I have not tested it yet as I am waiting for my FAA registration stickers to arrive and I also have to install and configure a Remote ID module, so it will not go up for a test until sometime this week.

I also sent in my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced for the same Basic Maintenance.
It is currently at DJI while the maintenance is being performed.
This sUAS does not suffer from the altitude problem, it is just going in for routine Basic Maintenance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu