DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC 2 ENTERPRISE ALTITUDE ISSUES

Dmcvey

Reactions
We are working on get a set downloaded. Seems odd it would be across 3 drones all using the same controller. One of which was working properly the day before with it's operator and the other "new" replacement fro DJI.

Meta4

Solutions
Reactions
Ta, I have never seen rates of atmospheric pressure change quantified nor looked into the matter, thanks for that. I must admit I am surprised they can be so rapid or perhaps more relevantly, significant.
It can be, but it would be rare that you'd want to fly in the kind of weather that would be associated with such a change.

D

Deleted member 103366

If you power it up for 10 minutes on the ground etc. I would suggest arranging to have a fan blow cool air over it. This may not be absolutely necessary but it wont hurt,

3Greens

Reactions
Hello one and all,

We’ve had new software for the Smart Controller since my last post but the altitude issue continues.
When I take off with the Enterprise Dual, the idea is that I ascend to 100ft and fly the usual circuit until RTH kicks in, it then fly’s back at the same altitude (100ft) to a position above the landing pad, rotates to face the departure direction and then proceeds to land.

During the decent it will stop and hover for a while, maybe 20 seconds or more and then descend again, it may do this a few times during the decent, it always lands accurately but it may take some time.
In the past I’ve had instances of gradual in flight altitude variations in both directions of around 50 to 70ft for no reason, keeping an eye on the monitor ensures restorative action can be taken.

Sometimes the RTH altitude will be way above what its set for, it appears that when RTH kicks in it will occasionally ascend to 150 or 200ft and then fly back, yes I can descend manually to get it back to 100ft but the problem remains - how did it get there in the first place.

The Mavic Pro has no such issues.

Fred1234

Reactions
Our work enterprise mavic has done pretty much the same thing. Actually didn't want to come down. Very hard to land.

Althought the light that comes on at day 4m off the ground at night seemed quite accurate.

Anyway turned off something in the collision avoidance. And now it works ok. Befor that it was hunting and climing.

Meta4

Solutions
Reactions
Our work enterprise mavic has done pretty much the same thing. Actually didn't want to come down. Very hard to land.
Althought the light that comes on at day 4m off the ground at night seemed quite accurate.
Anyway turned off something in the collision avoidance. And now it works ok. Befor that it was hunting and climing.
That issue isn't unique to the enterprise model.
The recorded flight data will show that the VPS sensors are , or their view is blocked by something or it's malfunctioning to give a false reading that prevents the drone from descending.
If there's no obvious blockage of the VPS, recalibrating the VPS would probably fix things.

3Greens

Reactions
Thanks for that, it would be useful to know what you deactivated in collision avoidance but I don’t suppose it will take much experimentation to find out, I’ll give it a go.

Meta4

Solutions
Reactions
Thanks for that, it would be useful to know what you deactivated in collision avoidance but I don’t suppose it will take much experimentation to find out, I’ll give it a go.
It's the downward facing sensors that are the issue.
Here's the relevant section of the DJI Go 4 app, your app might be similar?
i-WsLtTZv-L.jpg

Fred1234

Reactions
Thanks,
The enterprise has had bugs from new, but today was the first time i got to play with it.
Actually didn't know how this was done.
Thanks again

Fred1234

Reactions
Ok so i went through the the vision sensor calibration process.
It kept wanting hangup in the bottom right box for every sensor. But....
Success..
Went flew it.
Then switched everything back on.
Seems to fix everything.

3Greens

Reactions
So here we are, August 2022 and DJI have still to fix the height issue with the Enterprise Dual, I fly as often as possible and although the software is up to date, vision sensors are calibrated, sticks, smart controller linking refreshed, IMU calibrated more times than I can remember, sensors cleaned, drone washed polished and always in bed before 6pm the problem continues.

Now this thing was not cheap but how come my Mavic pro that stays out late and drinks to excess works perfectly - when it’s not at AA.
Why should we have to initiate “a workaround” to get something to show the correct height when landing and land without hanging in the air as if it’s not sure what to do.
How can this not be cured after such a lengthy period of time and having so many victims

Regards & Best

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ABin65809