DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC 2 ENTERPRISE ALTITUDE ISSUES

We are working on get a set downloaded. Seems odd it would be across 3 drones all using the same controller. One of which was working properly the day before with it's operator and the other "new" replacement fro DJI.

Ta, I have never seen rates of atmospheric pressure change quantified nor looked into the matter, thanks for that. I must admit I am surprised they can be so rapid or perhaps more relevantly, significant.
It can be, but it would be rare that you'd want to fly in the kind of weather that would be associated with such a change.

If you power it up for 10 minutes on the ground etc. I would suggest arranging to have a fan blow cool air over it. This may not be absolutely necessary but it wont hurt,

Hello one and all,

We’ve had new software for the Smart Controller since my last post but the altitude issue continues.
When I take off with the Enterprise Dual, the idea is that I ascend to 100ft and fly the usual circuit until RTH kicks in, it then fly’s back at the same altitude (100ft) to a position above the landing pad, rotates to face the departure direction and then proceeds to land.

During the decent it will stop and hover for a while, maybe 20 seconds or more and then descend again, it may do this a few times during the decent, it always lands accurately but it may take some time.
In the past I’ve had instances of gradual in flight altitude variations in both directions of around 50 to 70ft for no reason, keeping an eye on the monitor ensures restorative action can be taken.

Sometimes the RTH altitude will be way above what its set for, it appears that when RTH kicks in it will occasionally ascend to 150 or 200ft and then fly back, yes I can descend manually to get it back to 100ft but the problem remains - how did it get there in the first place.

The Mavic Pro has no such issues.

Our work enterprise mavic has done pretty much the same thing. Actually didn't want to come down. Very hard to land.

Althought the light that comes on at day 4m off the ground at night seemed quite accurate.

Anyway turned off something in the collision avoidance. And now it works ok. Befor that it was hunting and climing.

Our work enterprise mavic has done pretty much the same thing. Actually didn't want to come down. Very hard to land.
Althought the light that comes on at day 4m off the ground at night seemed quite accurate.
Anyway turned off something in the collision avoidance. And now it works ok. Befor that it was hunting and climing.
That issue isn't unique to the enterprise model.
The recorded flight data will show that the VPS sensors are , or their view is blocked by something or it's malfunctioning to give a false reading that prevents the drone from descending.
If there's no obvious blockage of the VPS, recalibrating the VPS would probably fix things.

Thanks for that, it would be useful to know what you deactivated in collision avoidance but I don’t suppose it will take much experimentation to find out, I’ll give it a go.

Thanks for that, it would be useful to know what you deactivated in collision avoidance but I don’t suppose it will take much experimentation to find out, I’ll give it a go.
It's the downward facing sensors that are the issue.
Here's the relevant section of the DJI Go 4 app, your app might be similar?
i-WsLtTZv-L.jpg

Thanks,
The enterprise has had bugs from new, but today was the first time i got to play with it.
Actually didn't know how this was done.
Thanks again

Ok so i went through the the vision sensor calibration process.
It kept wanting hangup in the bottom right box for every sensor. But....
Success..
Went flew it.
Then switched everything back on.
Seems to fix everything.

So here we are, August 2022 and DJI have still to fix the height issue with the Enterprise Dual, I fly as often as possible and although the software is up to date, vision sensors are calibrated, sticks, smart controller linking refreshed, IMU calibrated more times than I can remember, sensors cleaned, drone washed polished and always in bed before 6pm the problem continues.

Now this thing was not cheap but how come my Mavic pro that stays out late and drinks to excess works perfectly - when it’s not at AA.
Why should we have to initiate “a workaround” to get something to show the correct height when landing and land without hanging in the air as if it’s not sure what to do.
How can this not be cured after such a lengthy period of time and having so many victims

Regards & Best

Reactions: Disloyal Customer
I flew my Mavic 2 enterprise dual today from my cabin that's on a high spot to my neighbor's cabin about a mile away that is 300 foot downhill (so I can maintain line of sight). I launched to 100' above my cabin and maintained that altitude to his cabin (using Lichti) and then gave him a report on snow status on his roof. Then the drone came straight back again at 100' programmed. Short mission. But when it came back the drone was way up there and when it landed at my cabin the altitude was showing -300 feet.

I also had the "Recalibrate the Vision System" error showing. Not sure if it's related or not. I've never recalibrated the vision, so I'll try that and see what happens.

I’ve recalibrated the vision a few times and it makes no difference, DJI recently replaced my Enterprise Dual with a brand new one and that does exactly the same as the old one, when I reported my findings they asked me to wait for a s/w update which “may” fix the issue.

Regards and best.

• Wow
I’ve recalibrated the vision a few times and it makes no difference, DJI recently replaced my Enterprise Dual with a brand new one and that does exactly the same as the old one, when I reported my findings they asked me to wait for a s/w update which “may” fix the issue.

Regards and best.
Have you ever noticed it at a lower altitude than it reports? So far it's always been higher than it reports on the screen for me. Sucks given the 400 foot rule and a potential violation because DJI can't get its act together, but at least I won't run into a tree trying to navigate the sliver of airspace the FAA has allowed us.

But if others have had their drones at lower than reported altitudes, that's a game changer...

Have you ever noticed it at a lower altitude than it reports? So far it's always been higher than it reports on the screen for me. Sucks given the 400 foot rule and a potential violation because DJI can't get its act together, but at least I won't run into a tree trying to navigate the sliver of airspace the FAA has allowed us.

But if others have had their drones at lower than reported altitudes, that's a game changer...

No never, it’s always a minus figure.
I use the DJI Smart controller to control it but I did use the original controller supplied with the Enterprise, same result though.
When I first got the Enterprise it was fine but a s/w update put paid to that, also the first flight with the replacement Enterprise was very accurate causing me to think it was my old aircraft that had a problem as they did state it was replaced due to a problem with the sensors however the second flight landed with the usual minus altitude discrepancy, so all good then - at least as far as DJI are concerned.

Best.

Mavic 2 Enterprise DualMay 2021As stock runs outTBDTBD

Could it be that DJI no longer supports the Dual? They ended production 20 months ago. Software will always, in theory, be up-to-date since there will not be any more updates. If DJI is not supporting the Dual and there are known altitude issues, is the aircraft safe to use under 107.15(b) and 91.13?

We have issues with the Pilot app not syncing and cutting off the screen.

Last edited:
I also am using the Mavic 2 Enterprise for bird scaring in my vineyard in New Zealand.
I also am having the altitude problem. I take off then fly over the vineyard using Litchi waypoints around 10-12m above ground. Sometimes the drone does everything correct. I swap batteries and do another flight and the drone reports at 10-12m above ground but drops to 3-4m and object avoidance kicks in to stop it crashing into the vineyard canopy (2.3m high)

I swap batteries and do another flight and the drone reports at 10-12m above ground but drops to 3-4m and object avoidance kicks in to stop it crashing into the vineyard canopy (2.3m high)
We've never got to the bottom of the altitude issues with this model.
But just to eliminate the obvious, your drone doesn't report height above the ground.
The height you see on screen is height above the level of the launch point.
With a Litchi waypoint mission (on default settings) you would need to launch from the same place (or height) for the waypoint heights to be consistent.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The "Above Ground" toggle enables basic terrain following functions if each way point is relative to ground. I understand that it is a calculated height relative to the take off / home height.
The issue as I'm experiencing it is that there is inconsistencies, the same flight plan gives different results. I like to fly as low as possible to spook the birds out of the vines and someone times I have to stop mid flight, land the drone to reset the altitude to the correct level and restart from the nearest waypoint. Other times I get a clean run start to finish without any problems.

I read somewhere that under something like 30m the optical and barometer sensors are used to monitor the drones altitude and GPS above that?

Attachments

• litchi.jpg
    litchi.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys