DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Fatal Flaw: Broken Camera/Gimbal?

This is why I will wait 3-6 months after a new drone release to purchase it because they essentially use us as beta testers.
Also after 3-6 months after it comes out they got the kinks out of it both hardware and software

I got the P3A on release, MA on release and now MP2 on release.

Zero issues.

Remember kids... the internet is for people to complain and 10% of the complainers apparently run the world. Look at politics.

I think it's hilarious that people expect Leica build quality from their DJI drone. I bought my wife an M10 for her 60th birthday - the body and lens set me back $13K... it is built beautifully. If we demand this kind of quality control and manufacturing processes from DJI, expect to pay up - big time. $1,500 for what we have is an outstanding value.
but at 1500 one would still expect it to perform and stay together

I'd be more worried about the new gimbals burning out in windy conditions. Mine already did after 2 days and there's one other on this forum that's had something similar happen, plus someone that put up a video of it happening on youtube (with another person in the comments saying it happened to them). The youtube guy said that DJI responded by saying that windy conditions can be the cause and when I flew mine for the first day it was pretty windy so it seems like it could be the actual cause which is crazy. Not sure how they could ever release a $1500 drone that can't fly in some wind without breaking a vital component.

So mine started acting just like this a few minutes before completely dying.

Mavic 2 Pro Gimble freakout

This thread also has someone experiencing the same problem. Constant "gimbal overloaded" error with no gimbal movement, won't get past 10% on the calibration. Appears to be completely burned out after 2 days of light use in some mild wind.

Another post: mavic 2 gimbal faulty

Biggest thread I've found on it so far, lots of people reporting major overload issues: Mavic Pro 2-Gimbal Overload Error

Last edited:
The Mavic Air gimbal mounting is nothing like the Pro 2. Suspended on rubber supports and the gimbal is mechanically secure.

This came from one of the facebook groups, but a user has already had the camera and gimbal separate. It was flown for less than 2 minutes, yes, TWO, and when it was set on a table they heard a clunk.

Is this something that more users will have issues with?

There is an alignment pin that locates the motor housing so should be an easy process to reattach...

Attachments

• FB17289A-D996-42E4-B03D-EFB261F4BF35.jpeg
    FB17289A-D996-42E4-B03D-EFB261F4BF35.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 392C388E-C6CD-4618-B9A6-CDD21FA3E0DC.png
    392C388E-C6CD-4618-B9A6-CDD21FA3E0DC.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
And yet planes dont drop out of the sky, spacecraft dont fall to pieces and cars crumble even though they all use glue and operate in far more extreme environments.

They've made millions of units. Some will have faults. And it appears this guy dropped it, landing on the gimbal onto the corner of a table. Hardly a fault with the product.
I understand what your saying. If it's not the best engineering choice. It will be a topic. Some are just surprised of the choice made. Glue over screws. That's all. Screws and glue sure. But if your content with it. It's all good. For me personally it's a problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J