DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Frozen In Place-DJI Go4 and Litchi Refuse to Connect

PHZ

Reactions
Two days ago I was flying my M2 P to capture the full moon. First flight went well, but had a problem using Litchi to get the full 34 shot pano. So, I landed it with around 40% battery. I decided to have another try so took off and was only about 40' up and 25' from me and the takeoff point, thought better of using that battery and started landing to change batteries. At about 20' altitude, while still 20' from me and the home point, DJI Go4 crashed and at the same time the drone was frozen in place. No amount of stick movement, direction or throw would move the drone. I repeatedly force closed the app and restarted it. Still no connection. On the controller "Joystick Mode" popped up.
Then I tried Litchi and booted that after force closing Go4. That too would not connect. I did a hard restart on the iPad 5th gen, tried using Go4 again and still nothing. Moving the sticks brought no response. It would not move. It was so frustrating being so close and unable to control it. Although I was close to Home, I tried the RTH button on the controller. The drone took that command, but turned 180 deg away from its set home point, stayed at current altitude and started full bore towards a nearby oak. As soon as I saw that, I pulled full back stick and regained control, then landed it with the controller only. This is the first and only problem I have had with this bird. It has never been crashed or landed hard.
Using .0770 firmware and app ver 4.3.50. Here is a link to the flight logs: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Any insight on what was going on is appreciated.

Last edited:
Log wise, you have shared only the last 44s of a flight that looks to be 339s long (this as you fiddled around with restarts of both the app & RC... the log only records when app is running, AC is connected to the RC & the mobile device is connected to the RC).

The in famous "Joystick mode" is something that indicate that your craft still was in an automated flight mode (the failed pano mode in Litchi sounds likely). This means that the craft can't be operated with the RC sticks. If this happens you get out of it by manually change flight mode with either switching back & forth to Sport mode or as you in the end did... initiate RTH.

Don't have a clue how much you fiddled around in the app when you tried to get the AC obey your sticks ... can see in the log that the failsafe behaviour starts out as "Hover" but is changed later to RTH. And as seen in below sat. image your AC flew towards the recorded HP when you initiated RTH... so nothing wrong there. If this wasn't the location you expected... then you perhaps changed the HP location when you were messing around in the app?

1675947474185.png

Thank you for your analysis. It is appreciated. Switching to Sport mode didn’t occur to me at the time. Afterward, in a luminary moment, I said, “uh… Duh!”

At the 5m 16.5s point, battery #4 has a sudden voltage drop, and then a few times later. Could this be causal? And should the battery be suspect for use?
Also, at the 5m 18.5s point, when the drone switches from Go Home to P-GPS (Brake), what does the (Brake) mean?

Yes, I did notice the battery fluctuations and it is a concern. I am not sure what “brake” indicates.

At the 5m 16.5s point, battery #4 has a sudden voltage drop, and then a few times later. Could this be causal? And should the battery be suspect for use?
Also, at the 5m 18.5s point, when the drone switches from Go Home to P-GPS (Brake), what does the (Brake) mean?
What happens there at 316s into the flight is that the OP tries to stop/fight the ongoing RTH flight by giving a max elevator stick command, ordering the AC to stop & revers direction and start to fly backwards. This command makes cell 4 drop it's voltage level slightly & shortly... nothing at all to worry about.

Stick command in dashed black goes full negative just where cell 4 drops during 1s
1675956315832.png

"Brake" shown on the Phantomhelp site is just a translation aimed to take care of the newer DJI crafts where you have a choice to have the obstacle detection set to either "Brake" or continue the flight but "Bypass" the obstacle... as the M2P doesn't have this feature, normal GPS mode is translated to P-GPS (Brake).

In the pure .txt log this actually is GPS_Atti

1675956643501.png

Thank you everyone for your efforts to sort this out. I realize now my last home point (second flight), was under that oak tree. I took off about six feet up and slid to the left to clear the tree. Since it was dark, there was no OA, so it headed for the tree, right where it was supposed to.
Pilot error there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada