DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Home lock - Do you miss it?

deltamike

Reactions
Having just purchased a Mavic 2 pro I am disappointed that Home Lock is not available. It could be argued that Home Lock is a safety feature which could be more reliable than RTH in certain circumstances.

Please click the link to a posting on the DJI forum and comment.

Home Lock

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I would love to see it added to DJI Go for the M2P.

Could you give us a scenario where it would be "be more reliable than RTH"? I'm having a hard time thinking of one.

Chris

Could you give us a scenario where it would be "be more reliable than RTH"? I'm having a hard time thinking of one.

Chris

It effectively allows RTH without the altitude, and also in sport mode.

Chris
Home Lock is very useful if you get yourself mixed up with what way your Drone is pointed when it's at the limit of your VLOS.
With 'Home Lock' engaged (on my Mavic Pro Platinum), it means that no matter what way the drone is pointing, when I pull back on the controller's right-stick, it will fly straight back to me (in whatever yaw direction its currently pointed) and end up directly overhead. I believe some other drone manufacturers call this feature - 'headless mode' ???
This could be more reliable than RTH in some circumstances, because it allows you to alter the height of the drone and get it down lower in those cases where you end up down-wind, and the winds are fast up high!

Reactions: deltamike
Home Lock is very useful if you get yourself mixed up with what way your Drone is pointed when it's at the limit of your VLOS.

In those cases I just look at the small circle which always show the direction and heading of the drone in relationship to the RC. Simple to turn it around or back in to Home.

While RTH is very useful and accurate; sometimes I just don't want to waste the time slowly ascending to RTH altitude and then slowly descending to land.

In those cases I just look at the small circle which always show the direction and heading of the drone in relationship to the RC. Simple to turn it around or back in to Home.
That graphic in the lower left corner is my most useful tool in flying my a mavic. A lot of people don’t understand how it works though. Takes the stress totally out of flying at a distance.

With 'Home Lock' engaged (on my Mavic Pro Platinum), it means that no matter what way the drone is pointing, when I pull back on the controller's right-stick, it will fly straight back to me (in whatever yaw direction its currently pointed) and end up directly overhead. I believe some other drone manufacturers call this feature - 'headless mode' ???
This could be more reliable than RTH in some circumstances, because it allows you to alter the height of the drone and get it down lower in those cases where you end up down-wind, and the winds are fast up high!

I have Headless Mode on a couple of non-DJI drones. I never really cared for it nor used it much. The AC orientation depicted on the M2 RC screen makes this feature even more unnecessary for me. I rely on that graphic A LOT.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705