DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro and DJI goggles

When I fly my mavic Pro with my DJI goggles and film in 4k I can only view in 720. I was wondering if that has changed for the mavic 2 Pro?

I have the RE version and yes you can set 1080p mode. However, you will have to stop, reconfigure and restart your 4K recording when you make that change. Remember, you WILL encounter communications issues much quicker and at shorter distance in this mode. Consequently, I never use it. 780p is good enough to navigate and frame the camera.

I know this is a little off topic, but how do you like the goggles with the Mavic 2 pro? I've been thinking about getting them.
I like the goggles with the M2P. They definitely give you the sense that you are in the cockpit of your drone. They are a bit bulky but well balanced on your head. I would like higher resolution and more adjustment in the display image. I still can’t figure out how to put existing videos back onto to the goggles SD card. It is also tricky, and technically illegal, to fly with them by yourself.

Overall, I would recommend them.

Reactions: fguthrie
So, if the goggles are set to display 1080p (as opposed to 720) and the M2P is set for 4K, then when goggles connect you will see M2P video change from 4K to 1080P on the app display. At that point, you can access camera settings and change the video back to 4K. I learned of this "trick" from some YouTube video. I can not say for certain that the goggles stay at 1080P, but I see no change in the display after doing this. I would like to know if this trick is actually doing what I think it is.

Reactions: sonof40
So, if the goggles are set to display 1080p (as opposed to 720) and the M2P is set for 4K, then when goggles connect you will see M2P video change from 4K to 1080P on the app display. At that point, you can access camera settings and change the video back to 4K. I learned of this "trick" from some YouTube video. I can not say for certain that the goggles stay at 1080P, but I see no change in the display after doing this. I would like to know if this trick is actually doing what I think it is.
That’s an interesting workaround. Next time out I will try it. It can be tricky to determine since the difference between 1080 and 720 is subtle. Usually, if I am flying for fun I use 1080 and if I’m filming I use “Normal” which is 720.

Reactions: ovettkn
I know this is a little off topic, but how do you like the goggles with the Mavic 2 pro? I've been thinking about getting them.

I have a M2Z, but my comments would apply to the Pro too. I have the white goggles and was pretty excited about the whole idea of them. Now I never use them -

1. It's a local thing, but where I live there are some (admittedly worded vaguely but I don't want to test them) legal compliance issues
2. It's a personal thing but I get some motion sickness from them and need to lean against a tree or fence or something
3. I fly (legally) under a busy light aircraft lane and the lack of situational awareness with the goggles feels dangerous to me. This also applies in situations with things like flocks of birds. You can't see anything until it's upon you:)
4. Anyone could basically walk away with all your stuff and you wouldn't know :)

Reactions: fguthrie
very timely post. i have been on the fence about it, but after reading bigswifty's comments, i think my mind is decided. dont need them.

very timely post. i have been on the fence about it, but after reading bigswifty's comments, i think my mind is decided. dont need them.
I would just coment on the goggles if you are trying to decide if they would be good for you or not.I was going through the same thing about a month ago.Couldn't decide if I wanted to go with a big tablet,dji goggles or Epson Moverio bt-300 glasses.After much thought and reading I ended up with the dji goggles to use with M2Z.I have to say that I made the right decision.I really like the goggles.Yup,sit down while operating with them on.Also I don't really worry about sombody sneeking up on me.I guess it depends on where your useing them at.

Reactions: mswlogo and sonof40
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom