DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles for M4P

InAz

Reactions
I just saw that goggles are now available (also view capilities for obsticle avoidance) for the mini 4 pro via new firmware update.
Has anyone tried the goggles out, yet, for this? I'm curious how good they are & what pricing is. I noticed they come with a joystick to navigate with as well.

I believe you are talking about the Google 2 or the Goggles Integra plus the Motion Controller 2? This is already available for the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 so you should have quite a bit of feedback available. I've used them a couple of times and it's *okay* but not as FPVish or immersive as I had hoped. If I didn't already have Avata, I wouldn't buy this. However, if you insist on giving it a try, I would say two things: Get the Goggles Integra because it is cheaper and RID-ready and give the MC2 time to get used to since it's a bit different than the RC2.

Do you have to use the motion controller with the Goggles Integra? If so, that’s a big negative.

I believe you are talking about the Google 2 or the Goggles Integra plus the Motion Controller 2? This is already available for the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 so you should have quite a bit of feedback available. I've used them a couple of times and it's *okay* but not as FPVish or immersive as I had hoped. If I didn't already have Avata, I wouldn't buy this. However, if you insist on giving it a try, I would say two things: Get the Goggles Integra because it is cheaper and RID-ready and give the MC2 time to get used to since it's a bit different than the RC2.
Yes Google 2. M4P wasn't updated for Goggles 3 wks ago when I got the drone. I'll need to price them out. Won't buy if they won't work well with it.

Yes Google 2. M4P wasn't updated for Goggles 3 wks ago when I got the drone. I'll need to price them out. Won't buy if they won't work well with it.
It's works ok. Just for me, it falls short of the typical DJI "wow" factor. But maybe I haven't really given it a fair chance so I'll use it more often if I can. Again, I'm so used to flying Avata and FPV.....

For now the wand or the MC2 is your only choice, you cannot use RC2 to fly to Mini 4 while wearing to Goggles in FPV mode (not to my knowledge). BTW, the MC2 is not that bad.

I can’t get the goggles integra to connect to the M4P. Updated the firmware on goggles, drone RC2 and MC2 and each time I select the M4P in the goggles it won’t connect. Tried rebooting drone and goggles and also holding the power button to put the drone into pairing mode with no joy.

I can’t get the goggles integra to connect to the M4P. Updated the firmware on goggles, drone RC2 and MC2 and each time I select the M4P in the goggles it won’t connect. Tried rebooting drone and goggles and also holding the power button to put the drone into pairing mode with no joy.
Yep, I remember it being a big pain for the M3P at first as well.

When you say it won't connect, what is the error message? Does it say "connection failed" or something else.

I've had to try repeatedly and you have to hold down the button on the Integra as well.

Reactions: STS-101
Yep, I remember it being a big pain for the M3P at first as well.

When you say it won't connect, what is the error message? Does it say "connection failed" or something else.

I've had to try repeatedly and you have to hold down the button on the Integra as well.
Also holding the power button on the goggles fixed it, thank you. Thought I’d tried that earlier but when I saw your post gave it another go and it worked straight away. Thanks

Reactions: mavic3usa
It's works ok. Just for me, it falls short of the typical DJI "wow" factor. But maybe I haven't really given it a fair chance so I'll use it more often if I can. Again, I'm so used to flying Avata and FPV.....

For now the wand or the MC2 is your only choice, you cannot use RC2 to fly to Mini 4 while wearing to Goggles in FPV mode (not to my knowledge). BTW, the MC2 is not that bad.
Fpv mode doesnt work on the goggles from what I'm seeing.

BTW, the MC2 is not that bad.

This is purely subjective, of course.

That out of the way, my first experience with this control concept was on the DJI FPV with the original MC. I absolutely loved it. It has some shortcomings, in particular the inability to isolate roll and elevation movements, and moving backwards.

The MC2 addressed this with the joystick and backwards trigger. To me, it's just about perfect now. I confess that I always fly the Avata and FPV with the MC2 unless I'm flying Manual, which is about ¼ of the time.

The MC control concept is so intuitive and natural that, for me, it just feels good. Stress free. I get released in some way to just experience fun and thrill, there's no work. Anyone else get what I mean?

Manual opens up all sorts of freedom and thrills that I can't pass up. I love flying manual. I've gotten reasonably good at it. But for this old geezer, it's always work. You can't let up and catch your breath for a millisecond.

Often, a DJI FPV session will consist of having a blast flying one battery manual, then unwinding on a second battery with the MC2. Settling the stress hormones. Works for me 😁

Reactions: SWTSU and mavic3usa
This is purely subjective, of course.

That out of the way, my first experience with this control concept was on the DJI FPV with the original MC. I absolutely loved it. It has some shortcomings, in particular the inability to isolate roll and elevation movements, and moving backwards.

The MC2 addressed this with the joystick and backwards trigger. To me, it's just about perfect now. I confess that I always fly the Avata and FPV with the MC2 unless I'm flying Manual, which is about ¼ of the time.

The MC control concept is so intuitive and natural that, for me, it just feels good. Stress free. I get released in some way to just experience fun and thrill, there's no work. Anyone else get what I mean?

Manual opens up all sorts of freedom and thrills that I can't pass up. I love flying manual. I've gotten reasonably good at it. But for this old geezer, it's always work. You can't let up and catch your breath for a millisecond.

Often, a DJI FPV session will consist of having a blast flying one battery manual, then unwinding on a second battery with the MC2. Settling the stress hormones. Works for me 😁
So, If I do get goggles, you all recommend Aptiva Goggles 2 with the MC2? Over $600 is quite the option for M4P.

Reactions: SWTSU
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne