DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Goggles for M4P

The MC trigger now has a reverse function, there’s a Fn dial to adjust the camera’s ISO, shutter, etc without having to use the goggles and there’s a joystick where the brake function previously was.
Well, since I'm new to this, it's good info but i woukdn't know the difference.

DJI recommended the Goggles Integra with MC2, because compared with DJI Goggles 2, DJI Goggles Integra adds an integrated battery headband, making it more convenient to wear, and the touch panel has been replaced with physical buttons.

The MC trigger now has a reverse function, there’s a Fn dial to adjust the camera’s ISO, shutter, etc without having to use the goggles and there’s a joystick where the brake function previously was.
Plus it is so much easier to take off by pushing up on the joystick after you turn on the propellers. Helps me control the Avata on take off because it is rare but sometimes I had an issue with the drone taking off and going out of control. Same thing with landing, once you get Avata in the spot you can hold the joystick down and start the landing and then you can nudge it

Well, since I'm new to this, it's good info but i woukdn't know the difference.

DJI recommended the Goggles Integra with MC2, because compared with DJI Goggles 2, DJI Goggles Integra adds an integrated battery headband, making it more convenient to wear, and the touch panel has been replaced with physical buttons.
I prefer Integra because it doesn't require attaching a phone for RID.

So, If I do get goggles, you all recommend Aptiva Goggles 2 with the MC2? Over $600 is quite the option for M4P.

I've only flown the FPV and Avata with goggles and MC(2), so I can't make any recommendations regarding the camera drones.

That said, I expect the experience is similar, just probably less snappy and responsive. After flying the powerful DJI FPV with the MC2, im guessing i wouldn't be too impressed on one of the camera drones.

I've only flown the FPV and Avata with goggles and MC(2), so I can't make any recommendations regarding the camera drones.

That said, I expect the experience is similar, just probably less snappy and responsive. After flying the powerful DJI FPV with the MC2, im guessing i wouldn't be too impressed on one of the camera drones.
Didn't know the FPV was compatible with MC2, I'm still pull out the MC1 when I switch away from Avata. I'll have to check it out.

I'm a fan of MC2 with Avata as well. 8 batteries: I spend first half flying on RC 2 and second half flying on MC2 and I always end up and leave happier than when I started. :)

Reactions: SWTSU
DJI recommended the Goggles Integra with MC2, because compared with DJI Goggles 2, DJI Goggles Integra adds an integrated battery headband,
I don’t like this because you cannot switch out the battery, all you can do is have a powerbank once the battery dies which means you have a cord hanging. With a short cable (that costs less than $5) and good head band on the G2, you get the same effect as a built-in battery that is replaceable with a more comfortable headband. You are stuck with the GI headband, and if something happens to it or the battery craps out, you have to send in your GI goggles to Dji for repair.

Also, the G2 has adjustable diopters where as the GI has plastic and very easily scratched inserts.

The G2 also has a better screen and built in speakers which can be used to watch movies. The GI cannot do any of this.

The cord for rid is not a big deal, whereas the issues I mentioned above can be.

I don’t like this because you cannot switch out the battery, all you can do is have a powerbank once the battery dies which means you have a cord hanging. With a short cable (that costs less than $5) and good head band on the G2, you get the same effect as a built-in battery that is replaceable with a more comfortable headband. You are stuck with the GI headband, and if something happens to it or the battery craps out, you have to send in your GI goggles to Dji for repair.

Also, the G2 has adjustable diopters where as the GI has plastic and very easily scratched inserts.

The G2 also has a better screen and built in speakers which can be used to watch movies. The GI cannot do any of this.

The cord for rid is not a big deal, whereas the issues I mentioned above can be.
Yeah, just watched a vid of the 2 comparisons. The new Integra has a box of diopters to fit your sight wjere goggle 2 has adjustable. This means if you want a friend experience the goggle's flight experience you'll need to dig through a box of 11 lenses.

And battery, the benefit is you don't have wires hanging on your side like goggle 2. But then again, if battery dies, you're stuck with something that doesnt work. Plus goggle 2 has wider fov of 51" and Integra has 46", I believe.

The Integra does have gps, which would be nice.

Don't know. Everything's too new to me still. I'll do some more research.

Yeah, just watched a vid of the 2 comparisons. The new Integra has a box of diopters to fit your sight wjere goggle 2 has adjustable. This means if you want a friend experience the goggle's flight experience you'll need to dig through a box of 11 lenses.

And battery, the benefit is you don't have wires hanging on your side like goggle 2. But then again, if battery dies, you're stuck with something that doesnt work. Plus goggle 2 has wider fov of 51" and Integra has 46", I believe.

The Integra does have gps, which would be nice.

Don't know. Everything's too new to me still. I'll do some more research.
I've gone thru 7 Avata batteries and had to pack up and go home without the Integra battery going dead.

I don't notice the difference in teh FOV between the Goggles 2 and the Integra.

Can't speak to the lenses since I don't use any adjustments on either.

Going thru the menu and using the touchpad on the Goggles 2 is....tricky is a good word for it.

I've gone thru 7 Avata batteries and had to pack up and go home without the Integra battery going dead.

I don't notice the difference in teh FOV between the Goggles 2 and the Integra.

Can't speak to the lenses since I don't use any adjustments on either.

Going thru the menu and using the touchpad on the Goggles 2 is....tricky is a good word for it.
Which do you like best?

I only have a Mini 3 Pro but it's probably the same for the Mini 4 Pro. Today I went out to test on the Goggles with the Mini. It's been awhile since the last time and I gotta say, I enjoyed it a bit more today. Kinda reminds me of Avata at full speed. Not sure if I'm a big fan of the FPV type turns but everything is responsive, connectivity is easy, and the big battery means you get to fly a lot longer than you would with Avata/FPV. However, I'm still not that excited with making turns in tight places (where you can't always see left/right clearance). Don't like "not bound" message; did not try head tracking but I know it works ok.

Tried Integra vs. Goggle 2 and again, can't see that much of a difference with FOV. Still have original headband with battery mounted on headband but attaching phone feels strange. Otherwise, MC2 is ok and I didn't miss having a regular remote.

Google knows everything I post about, talk about, purchase, where I go, what I do so I get back home and find these YT videos to share (not me, not mine):

I only have a Mini 3 Pro but it's probably the same for the Mini 4 Pro. Today I went out to test on the Goggles with the Mini. It's been awhile since the last time and I gotta say, I enjoyed it a bit more today. Kinda reminds me of Avata at full speed. Not sure if I'm a big fan of the FPV type turns but everything is responsive, connectivity is easy, and the big battery means you get to fly a lot longer than you would with Avata/FPV. However, I'm still not that excited with making turns in tight places (where you can't always see left/right clearance). Don't like "not bound" message; did not try head tracking but I know it works ok.

Tried Integra vs. Goggle 2 and again, can't see that much of a difference with FOV. Still have original headband with battery mounted on headband but attaching phone feels strange. Otherwise, MC2 is ok and I didn't miss having a regular remote.

Google knows everything I post about, talk about, purchase, where I go, what I do so I get back home and find these YT videos to share (not me, not mine):

So, having goggles on, does it make you feel like you're in a cockpit or something or is it boxy like the vid?

Does not make me feel like I am in a cockpit. I don't get that immersive feeling either. :(
Then, what's the point of spending all this money on the goggles? Would you return them if you could or are they still something one would like to have with the M4P (or an yother drone)?

Then, what's the point of spending all this money on the goggles? Would you return them if you could or are they still something one would like to have with the M4P (or an yother drone)?
I have all my FPV gear because I own both DJI Avata and DJI FPV drones. If I didn't now have those two drones and I only had the Mini 3/4 Pro *and* I was curious about FPV because I did not have any FPV experience, then I *would* buy the Integra+MC2 combo.

If for any other reason I bought them, I would not return them because I believe they are actually pretty good for what they are offering and the potential. I do realize because I fly the mighty DJI FPV, my views are a little skewed. Ultimately, anyone who simply isn't interested are likely the ones to go with a hard pass on these.

To be honest, I didn't have high expectations for the googles being a totally immersive experience so to me, they work well for what they do. For example, those who are tired of using a handheld remote in the glaring sunlight may find it much easier to wear goggles and get a good look at your surroundings. Also, I'm still a beginner with the Mini in FPV mode, it is likely with practice this combo could turn into quite the FPV-style drone (because it is quick and it has sensors and it is nimble). So yes I do see it has potential. HTH

Last edited:
I have all my FPV gear because I own both DJI Avata and DJI FPV drones. If I didn't now have those two drones and I only had the Mini 3/4 Pro *and* I was curious about FPV because I did not have any FPV experience, then I *would* buy the Integra+MC2 combo.

If for any other reason I bought them, I would not return them because I believe they are actually pretty good for what they are offering and the potential. I do realize because I fly the might DJI FPV, my views are a little skewed. Ultimately, anyone who simply isn't interested are likely the ones to go with a hard pass on these.

To be honest, I didn't have high expectations for the googles being a totally immersive experience so to me, they work well for what they do. For example, those who are tired of using a handheld remote in the glaring sunlight may find it much easier to wear goggles and get a good look at your surroundings. Also, I'm still a beginner with the Mini in FPV mode, it is likely with practice this combo could turn into quite the FPV-style drone (because it is quick and it has sensors and it is nimble). So yes I do see it has potential. HTH
I'm reading the goggles don't have fpv. Just wondering about all the effects/experiences.

I went in a different direction. I progressed from Mini 2, Avata, Air3 and Mini 4 Pro. I gave the Mini 2 and Avata to new pilots, so they get used. The Avata had 3 controllers and 2 goggles. IMO the Xreal glasses are much better than goggles and you get to use the RC2 for control. The Xreal have a USBC cable from glasses to controller, that is it. Lightweight, power comes from RC2, so no heavy batteries. No Helmet. No RID. No Telephone. Just a cable and a pair of sunglasses.

Last edited:

The point? Getting an immersive experience like you're flying.

Just 'cause @mavic3usa doesn't doesn't mean that's the experience in some absolute sense. Contrary to his, I do.

Now, to be fair, full disclosure and all, my experience is only with the older Goggles V2 and the DJI FPV and Avata, so the differences in FOV and other aspects might change that for me, but I doubt it. A lot of this is personal.

Buy the goggles from Amazon. If you don't like it, return them within 30 days.

The point? Getting an immersive experience like you're flying.

Just 'cause @mavic3usa doesn't doesn't mean that's the experience in some absolute sense. Contrary to his, I do.

Now, to be fair, full disclosure and all, my experience is only with the older Goggles V2 and the DJI FPV and Avata, so the differences in FOV and other aspects might change that for me, but I doubt it. A lot of this is personal.

Buy the goggles from Amazon. If you don't like it, return them within 30 days.
Have you tried the Integra or was it all goggles 2?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas