DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro and Zoom Question

terradriller

Reactions
I currently have a Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro. For those of you that have both Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom which do you use most often and why. Thinking about getting a Zoom and curious on what others that have both use the most.

Thanks and Happy flying.

I currently have a Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro. For those of you that have both Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom which do you use most often and why. Thinking about getting a Zoom and curious on what others that have both use the most.

Thanks and Happy flying.
I even sold my Pro 2 for getting the Zoom. I am a videographer and the zoom gives me great opportunities for Hollywood style filiming.
Even the Images are quite good, not good as the pro 2, but not that bad its better than the air or the old pro

I have the Pro 2, and the last three flights I WISHED I had the zoom for photos.
Like the old saying - If it's not good enough, you're not close enough!

Maybe the grass appeared greener.

As a seasoned photographer with $20,000 in lenses, 24 to 48 mm isn't a lot of zoom.

Not like 50mm to 100mm.

Zoom in with your feet/propellers.

I have the zoom and love it, but sometimes wonder if I should have gone with the pro.

So yes maybe the grass is greener is right..

Maybe the grass appeared greener.
As a seasoned photographer with $20,000 in lenses, 24 to 48 mm isn't a lot of zoom.
Not like 50mm to 100mm.Zoom in with your feet/propellers.
I've been seasoned like a good steak and some zoom is better than none. (When we're taking UAVs) The Pro 2 even 10' above your head it's loud, with wide angle you look a weeeee bit far away to. 6-8 feet you might get a good photo (of smile's - faces - the wedding dress) that's just to close for these kinds of shots. Hands down for this type of photography is the zoom! If you want Mount Everest or a photo of your house then by all means go with the MP2.

Last edited:
Reactions: brent10
I have the zoom and love it, but sometimes wonder if I should have gone with the pro.

So yes maybe the grass is greener is right..

I've been seasoned like a good steak and some zoom is better than none. (When we're taking UAVs) The Pro 2 even 10' above your head it's loud, with wide angle you look a weeeee bit far away too. 6-8 feet you night get a good photo (of smile's - faces - the wedding dress) that's just to close for these kind of shots. Hands down for this type of photography is the zoom! If you want mount Everest, or a photo of your house then by all means go with the MP2.

Makes sense.

The zoom suits you both.

Enjoy your flights.

:)

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I have had both and sent the the M2P back because I could not get the pics a sharp as I wanted them.
LOVE the M2Z. Zoom is great cause you don't have to be so close and you make fewer people mad. Some people just hate Drones.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Thanks for all the input... looks like the Zoom by a nose ....maybe.

Thanks Happy flying

Can u elaborate pls? How bigger sensor with better dynamic range and less noise attributes to inferior videos? Or is something else involved there?

I think you misread my post, for pictures there is no argument that the M2P is better. For videos I believe the M2Z is better but I have no experience personally, it's a different story than the M2P and pictures.

I think you misread my post, for pictures there is no argument that the M2P is better. For videos I believe the M2Z is better but I have no experience personally, it's a different story than the M2P and pictures.
Not sure i understand as video is just a collection of rapidly changing still pictures. :)
Dunno, i care little of videos. I need it for good quality photos.

Thanks and Happy flying.
I got a mav 2 pro and Ive recently bought a zoom gimbal. It has not arrived yet but as I have seen on some videos that swapping gimbal is quite simple... I believe I will use the pro the most, but there are some few moments that I wish I had a ZOOM

Not sure i understand as video is just a collection of rapidly changing still pictures. :)
Dunno, i care little of videos. I need it for good quality photos.
The pro processes the output of the sensor differently than zoom. If you use the mode that uses the full 5K 1" sensor, then it has to downconvert to 4k. You can use the other mode that only asks 4k from the sensor, but then you're not using the whole sensor.

The pro processes the output of the sensor differently than zoom. If you use the mode that uses the full 5K 1" sensor, then it has to downconvert to 4k. You can use the other mode that only asks 4k from the sensor, but then you're not using the whole sensor.
That is interesting! I was asking myself how the screen ratio could change and it still recorded 4k... So basically it "lowers" quality...

Reactions: Davo0001
How much Zoom are we actually getting...like quality video in terms of after editing. Can the M2Pro with quality video and later edited give close to the same results? I really dont know but was just thinking.

But I dont like editing and stuff. I am not commercial operator so being able to zoom in real time is best for me

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54