DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro battery life

Klein

Reactions
Good day Mavic pilots,
I need some advice Please,
I use to fly rc helis and planes for long time, so now I am giving it up to flying drones, The idea is to start business in drone sector.
I bought mavic 2 pro on ( 29 08 20 19 ) Including 1 spare battery.
I bought mavic combo ( 07 10 2019 ) this included 2 more battery’s

So now I have got 4 battery’s that I alter with. ( 1 Mavic 2 pro )
I fly + - 8 Battery’s a week.
I don’t charge hot battery’s. And also not using them Immediately after charging.
Done test yesterday to check flying time on battery’s, without taking photos or vid clips.

Bat no 1 Flying time = 16 minutes 38 seconds ( 7 % flying time left )
Bat no 2 Flying time = 17 minutes 31 seconds ( 7 % flying time left )
Bat no 3 Flying time = 16 minutes 46 seconds ( 7 % flying time left )
Bat no 4 Flying time = 16 minutes 55 seconds ( 7 % Flying time left)

These battery’s are suppose to last at least 30 minutes, according to DJI
I ordered Mavic 2 zoom, will be receiving it today, but I am very sceptical
About lifetime on these battery’s !!!!!

Am I doing something wrong, or is this normal ??

Will apresiate any avice or feedback !!!!

Andre. ( South Africa )
[email protected]

I have an M1P, use the 8331 Platinum props, and get far longer, 20 - 25 mins not uncommon, and I usually land with lots of spare battery (circa 15 - 20%).
I've often thought mine is a little weird as it is supposed to have 24 mins hovering time, about 21 mins flight time (with ~ 15% battery remaining).
I do fly fairly sedately normally.

Not sure why yours would be unwell under 20 mins and that low a %, was it windy yesterday, or did you do lots of climbing / descending, use of sports mode ?
I assume you are getting similar results when flying in all conditions / flying different levels of demand ?
And has this been the same from new batteries, or has it developed over the 4 / 2 months ?

If these have reasonably low cycles on these, maybe worth a deep discharge to say 5% and then give them a full charge again, test.
Also, if you monitor your Airdata info and battery info when connected in the app, this might give up some relative info (cell deviations perhaps).

Reactions: Skyflyer129
What altitude are you flying from? Higher means lower performance in the thinner air. What temperature is it? If the batteries are cold, near the bottom of the M2's operating range of -10*C, flight time may be reduced by half.

Also, are you storing your batteries fully charged for longer periods? This is hard on them and will reduce their life - it's for this reason that the batteries are programmed to self-discharge down to 40% (IIRC) after 7 or 10 days. Still, storing them fully charged regularly will shorten their life.

If you started with a fully charged battery those times, ever for just hovering (which you would know from your heli flying experience uses more power than moving) are definitely in the low side. Was the battery fully charged before flight (had not been allowed to enter auto discharge)?

I usually get over 20mins with 30% battery left. Mavic 2 pro. Flight time varies if you use sports mode, fly in windy condition or temperature too hot/cold, how quickly you accelerate/decelerate.
I’ve never flew until battery level gets below 10%. How you use the batteries will also affect the battery life.

Something is wrong if those are your flight times and you are running your batteries so low. I get between 18 and 20 minutes when landing with 25%-30% battery remaining. These batteries are advertised at 30 minutes max per charge, but you will never see that. The only thing I can think of that would cause your problem is if you are flying in Sport Mode all the time.

Good day Mavic Pilots.
Thank you for al the reply’s and info, I appreciate that !!!. Really learned a lot,

It seems that my biggest problem is temp and not draining battery’s roguery.
I stay in Ellisras, Limpopo area, It is our summer season and temps
go as high as 42 deg c

I drained all my batters until drone switch of.
Store and charche bats now in aircon room.
Flew bat 2 this morning (very good conditions )
Got 32 minutes flying time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: bumper
You flew until the battery is 0%? That's pretty risky. I never let mine go below 10% while in flight. My experience is they can drop really quickly below 10%, and it's not too good for the battery to drain so low. If you've got airdate or can get the flight logs, it might be worth to see how high the battery temperature went. Also not very good if it gets too hot.
I guess when ambient temp is high, the fans might be on full load while in flight, which explain reduced flight time. Usually when flying, with cool ambient temperature, the fans won't need to work hard as the air flow helps to cool it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev