DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro crash today

DJI Aldo

Reactions
hello to everyone.my mavic 2 pro fell from a distace to 2 meters from ground.i was geting ready to land and when i took the pozition to land, before presing the stick down the aircraft took the direction to the left without presing any button to the controller.hi hit a wall and crashed to the ground.after that i recive the mesage _magnetic interference check app_
the other think is that is very dificult to update home point at current location.after i try to set it i recive the mesage seting homepoint failed.after trying it a couple of times i have succes.the atached files below are from yesterday beceause i cant find the last flight data.a lot of compas errors.
need your help.thank you in advance.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-05_[12-47-15].txt
    650.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    616.9 KB · Views: 65
hello to everyone.my mavic 2 pro fell from a distace to 2 meters from ground.i was geting ready to land and when i took the pozition to land, before presing the stick down the aircraft took the direction to the left without presing any button to the controller.hi hit a wall and crashed to the ground.after that i recive the mesage _magnetic interference check app_
the other think is that is very dificult to update home point at current location.after i try to set it i recive the mesage seting homepoint failed.after trying it a couple of times i have succes.the atached files below are from yesterday beceause i cant find the last flight data.a lot of compas errors.
Flight data from the previous day cannot help understand an incident today.

Reactions: DJI Aldo
Well, I hope you are able to find the day of the incident's flight log. The day before will do no benefit for trying to help find what caused your Mavic to crash. If you used an android device like a phone or a tablet to use with your drone, you can access your DJI flight records from the files app using this link. If you used an IOS device like an iPhone or an iPad, that is a little more difficult but here is where you can see how to access your flight logs. Once you do that, you may post that file on here and have some of the members of this forums help you to understand what caused the crash.

Well, I hope you are able to find the day of the incident's flight log. The day before will do no benefit for trying to help find what caused your Mavic to crash. If you used an android device like a phone or a tablet to use with your drone, you can access your DJI flight records from the files app using this link. If you used an IOS device like an iPhone or an iPad, that is a little more difficult but here is where you can see how to access your flight logs. Once you do that, you may post that file on here and have some of the members of this forums help you to understand what caused the crash.
I'm guessing it was magnetized, or the magnetism interfrerred with the remote controllers transmissions of signal. He did mention getting a magnetism interference warning.

I'm guessing it was magnetized, or the magnetism interfrerred with the remote controllers transmissions of signal. He did mention getting a magnetism interference warning.
magnetic interference doesn't affect the control signal.
It's the compass warning that there is too much steel too close to where the drone is.

Without knowing any further information we don't know for sure what the cause was. Feels more of a compass error but we'll have to see when he posts the flight log that's needed

yes but is the same errors and after land i recive the mesage magnetic interference check app
Which probably just means that you landed somewhere close to something made of steel.
That doesn't necessarily indicate any problem with the drone.

find the file after sinc.i dont understand nothing.in the moment of crash i recive the magnetic interference mesage on remote display , but in the flight record shows nothing.does not even show stick movements and commands.please help and thank you in advance.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-06_[10-54-46].txt
    634.4 KB · Views: 3
Which probably just means that you landed somewhere close to something made of steel.
That doesn't necessarily indicate any problem with the drone.
I hope so. However, researching I learned that the atti mode is the solution against any interference.full manual mode but i think that its not the right solution for a pilot like me.i am not an experienced pilot

That flight had some issues, particularly very marginal GPS reception at the start and end:

Status.png

That's reflected in the discrepancy between IMU and GPS velocity and position data:

Delta_V.png

Position.png

So it wouldn't be too surprising if it responded strangely at the end of the flight, when the navHealth had dropped to just 2. On the other hand, you mentioned that it took off to the left, and yet at the very end you applied full left aileron:

Vel_right.png

find the file after sinc.i dont understand nothing.in the moment of crash i recive the magnetic interference mesage on remote display , but in the flight record shows nothing.does not even show stick movements and commands.please help and thank you in advance.
Or to put it another way ...
At the end of your flight, the drone was flown close to tall buildings that blocked half of the sky and reduced the number of satellites available and the accuracy of GPS.
The recorded data shows the GPS Health dropped to 1 (not accurate at all) and the drone would have been unable to hold horizontal position and obstacle avoidance could not work.
Without position holding it drifted toward an obstacle.
Your joystick input at the end of the flight explains the drone moving to the left.
Here is the relevant part of the recorded data:
i-WxpbTtX-L.jpg

Purple = GPS Health dropped to 1/5
Yellow = joystick input to descend
Pink = crash
Green + Blue = joystick input that caused the drone to move left.

Or to put it another way ...
At the end of your flight, the drone was flown close to tall buildings that blocked half of the sky and reduced the number of satellites available and the accuracy of GPS.
The recorded data shows the GPS Health dropped to 1 (not accurate at all) and the drone would have been unable to hold horizontal position and obstacle avoidance could not work.
Without position holding it drifted toward an obstacle.
Your joystick input at the end of the flight explains the drone moving to the left.
Here is the relevant part of the recorded data:
i-WxpbTtX-L.jpg

Purple = GPS Health dropped to 1/5
Yellow = joystick input to descend
Pink = crash
Green + Blue = joystick input that caused the drone to move left.
as far as I learned it should not land near high buildings. besides, where else is my mistake?thank you meta4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki