DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - Finnich Glen

Dale Rodgers

Reactions
Site
youtube.com
First real test of my Mavic 2 Pro inside Finnich Glen. APAS was going beserk!

Area also used as a filling location for the TV series Outlander.

DlogM, 4k full FOV, 0, 0, 0. All manual settings: iso400 (my trusty MP would have baulked at that), f2.8 and 1/50th, no NDs. Didn't want to push the iso any higher so opted to open aperture instead.

Nasty dark place with a bright sky to contend with. Pleased overall.

Mild s curve and saturation applied in Davinci Resolve 15 Free.

Last edited:
It’s a very shallow depth of field but you don’t see any blur ! I am yet to film anything but as a photographer I look at settings people are using for stuff.

It looks very beautiful though. Being totally new, do you film in slow mo ? Or is that a setting you use when processing ?

It’s a very shallow depth of field but you don’t see any blur ! I am yet to film anything but as a photographer I look at settings people are using for stuff.

It looks very beautiful though. Being totally new, do you film in slow mo ? Or is that a setting you use when processing ?
Thanks!

Yes, I too was worried about DOF but I suppose its a wide enough angle lens to not be too important.

No slow motion (check the water is moving at a normal speed) bit I did use "tripod mode". It was such a tight space that I wanted the sticks dumbed down and also the full collision detection on.

It took me ages to be (relatively) happy with my old MP (water colour effect, noisy etc.) - this seemed to be good straight from the box.

Reactions: Cjcoolcat
Thanks!

Yes, I too was worried about DOF but I suppose its a wide enough angle lens to not be too important.

No slow motion (check the water is moving at a normal speed) bit I did use "tripod mode". It was such a tight space that I wanted the sticks dumbed down and also the full collision detection on.

It took me ages to be (relatively) happy with my old MP (water colour effect, noisy etc.) - this seemed to be good straight from the box.

Yes I thought it looked like a tight space. The colour is wonderful too

Yes I thought it looked like a tight space. The colour is wonderful too
If you're interested, here's a link to the footage before/after my mild grade (no LUT - just a simple S curve and saturation). No pretty music though!

You can see how usefully flat the DLog-M footage is and the all the details in the shadows (even with the bright sky affecting exposure).

Reactions: Cjcoolcat
If you're interested, here's a link to the footage before/after my mild grade (no LUT - just a simple S curve and saturation). No pretty music though!

You can see how usefully flat the DLog-M footage is and the all the details in the shadows (even with the bright sky affecting exposure).

Brilliant

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N