DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro flight

There’s some solar activity (southern lights) in Tassie recently. Too bad we aren’t allowed to fly at night in Australia.

Nice video Jeff. Great use of colour and leading lines. I was surprised how small the Tulip beds were on Table Cape itself. Seems smaller than I imagined. Been wanting to check out the Tulip Festival; now won't need to :) . Couple of questions:

1. Did you video profile did you use - DLogM?
2.What editor did you use for colour grading?

Cheers,
Sean (from Hobart)

Nice video Jeff. Great use of colour and leading lines. I was surprised how small the Tulip beds were on Table Cape itself. Seems smaller than I imagined. Been wanting to check out the Tulip Festival; now won't need to :) . Couple of questions:

1. Did you video profile did you use - DLogM?
2.What editor did you use for colour grading?

Cheers,
Sean (from Hobart)
Hi Sean, I only used the H 264, no style or colour settings. Because this is a composite from 5 cameras, the Mavic 2 pro, Sony 3000, Osmo Pocket, Panasonic tz300 and Sony A7R4 and the lighting changed from cloudy to bright sun during the shoot I manually colour graded each clip using Edius Pro 9. I hope it looks reasonably matched.

Reactions: PC1134
My latest flight over a Tasmanian icon with owners permission.
Man, that's awesome. The geometry of the rows is spectacular. Helps as mentioned in this thread with the leading lines. Especially loved the overhead rotate early in the piece.
Some questions...
Please, please...no criticism meant, but I notice the video is jittery. I have the same problem. What frame rate/shutter speed are you using? 25fps @ 1/50sec ? Tripod mode? Can anyone advise?
Second...the macro shots at the end look like you used a macro lens on a DSLR? Razor sharp!
Third...I figure Rex didn't mind the haircut! You flew over him at very close range!!
:)
Thanks for sharing.

Man, that's awesome. The geometry of the rows is spectacular. Helps as mentioned in this thread with the leading lines. Especially loved the overhead rotate early in the piece.
Some questions...
Please, please...no criticism meant, but I notice the video is jittery. I have the same problem. What frame rate/shutter speed are you using? 25fps @ 1/50sec ? Tripod mode? Can anyone advise?
Second...the macro shots at the end look like you used a macro lens on a DSLR? Razor sharp!
Third...I figure Rex didn't mind the haircut! You flew over him at very close range!!
Thanks for sharing.
I should have said that this is a composite shoot from at least 5 cameras, some ground based, the haircut shot was taken with a sony X3000 camera which has inbuilt optical stabilisation. Which parts were jittery? possibly because the Osmo pocket shots were at 50fps and the Maviuc 2 Pro and others at 25fps.

Some questions...
Thanks for sharing.
The Mavic 2 Pro was shooting at 25fps, F5.6 and 1/500. I dont have ND filters for the Pro yet. Trouble with slower shutter speeds means panning has to be dead slow and yes there were DSLR shots mixed in.

The Mavic 2 Pro was shooting at 25fps, F5.6 and 1/500. I dont have ND filters for the Pro yet. Trouble with slower shutter speeds means panning has to be dead slow and yes there were DSLR shots mixed in.
1/500 will be why. The panning was a bit jittery. Anything faster than 2 x frame rate will reduce the motion blur needed to keep it smooth to the human eye. I signed up (and completed) an ariel cinematography course with Drone Film Guide and learned a heap.
I have a full set of ND and Polarisers, but have only just started playing with them. I've used SLRs for decades though. Getting long in the tooth but still love my Nikon D300s. I have some crazy lenses for it.
I found that 1/50th removes the jitters, but I do find it just a little too blurry. Still learning.
Again, your macro shots are something to be proud of!

Hi Sean, I only used the H 264, no style or colour settings. Because this is a composite from 5 cameras, the Mavic 2 pro, Sony 3000, Osmo Pocket, Panasonic tz300 and Sony A7R4 and the lighting changed from cloudy to bright sun during the shoot I manually colour graded each clip using Edius Pro 9. I hope it looks reasonably matched.
Okay, that's interesting. The grading was pretty seamless with all 5 cameras which is pretty impressive. The Pocket gives a nice result and I can only imagine how nice the A7RIV is (I have the RX10IV). Very nice result overall. Hope Dave (from Van Diemen Quality Bulbs) appreciated the effort :) If you have a You Tube channel I'd love to see more of your work.

Awesome!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78