DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Guard is wretched!

Last edited:
Until you get used to it, the easiest way to put the gimbal cover on is:
1. Fold the MP2's legs and put it on its "back" (that is, top-side down) on a table.
2. Make sure the camera's pointing straight forward towards the front so it's parallel to the top/back of the drone.
3. With the gimbal cover open side up, flip the hinged part out. It has a small square pocket that the camera fits into.
4. Slide the hinged part under the camera (between the camera and the top of the drone) until it's seated.
5. Insert the two tabs at the front of the cover into the two slots in the drone.
6. Slowly flip the bubble part of the cover over and lock it. Don't force it.

If everything's oriented properly and the tabs are seated correctly, you shouldn't have to force anything very hard. If you feel any real resistance, reseat the tabs and the hinged part, or the make sure the camera hasn't slipped out of it's forward position.

It's tricky at first, but after you've done it a few times, you'll be able to do it one-handed with it sitting on your leg. :)

This is exactly how I do it. I use the PGY tech propeller holders and while I’m putting the propeller holder on the bottom I also install the gimbal cover while it’s on its back. No issues whatsoever!

I have no issues with the original camera guard, I found it to be very easy to remove and install. Actually I can put it on in a few seconds. Once i have it in place, i wiggle the guard slightly (side to side) and boom... done installed.... but i had to buy the 3rd party one just to have as a replacement in case the original one STB....

I have no issues with the original camera guard, I found it to be very easy to remove and install. Actually I can put it on in a few seconds. Once i have it in place, i wiggle the guard slightly (side to side) and boom... done installed.... but i had to buy the 3rd party one just to have as a replacement in case the original one STB....
I prefer the after aftermarket cover more because of its simplicity. In less than 3 seconds, Its installed. And then when removing, less than 2 seconds.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18