DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Guard is wretched!

Grtday

Reactions
Just got my Mavic 2 Pro and have been flying a P4 V2.
This Gimbal Guard is an abomination to take off...to put on....I know it serves a purpose, but I had to watch a video to just figure out HOW to put it back on!!!
WTF!
Does anyone make a better Gimbal Guard mousetrap?
Thanks to all in advance!
Fly cheerfully!

Be patient. There are dozens of companies who will be making them and Im sure some will show up very quickly. The M2 gimbal guard is in line with the DJI tradition of making fiddly gimbal locks dating back to the Phantom series.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Once I saw how it works, I have no problem with it.
Granted, the easiest one they ever made was the Mavic Air, second only to the P4.

The easiest one they ever made for the Mavic was made by another company. (@fstop.labs) joking ;)

I just dont like the way they make you bend the gimbal downwards to get the gimbal lock on. It puts stress on the gimbal yaw motor, a very expensive part right now.

Just got my Mavic 2 Pro and have been flying a P4 V2.
This Gimbal Guard is an abomination to take off...to put on....I know it serves a purpose, but I had to watch a video to just figure out HOW to put it back on!!!
WTF!
Does anyone make a better Gimbal Guard mousetrap?
Thanks to all in advance!
Fly cheerfully!

Just slide the flat gimbal cover support under the camera and then concentrate on aligning the two tabs. It's fiddly the first few times then become easy.

Until you get used to it, the easiest way to put the gimbal cover on is:
1. Fold the MP2's legs and put it on its "back" (that is, top-side down) on a table.
2. Make sure the camera's pointing straight forward towards the front so it's parallel to the top/back of the drone.
3. With the gimbal cover open side up, flip the hinged part out. It has a small square pocket that the camera fits into.
4. Slide the hinged part under the camera (between the camera and the top of the drone) until it's seated.
5. Insert the two tabs at the front of the cover into the two slots in the drone.
6. Slowly flip the bubble part of the cover over and lock it. Don't force it.

If everything's oriented properly and the tabs are seated correctly, you shouldn't have to force anything very hard. If you feel any real resistance, reseat the tabs and the hinged part, or the make sure the camera hasn't slipped out of it's forward position.

It's tricky at first, but after you've done it a few times, you'll be able to do it one-handed with it sitting on your leg. :)

I personally never had an issue with it. Took it off and put it right back on. But like the others have said i'm sure some more favorable 3rd party versions will come out soon that are easier and maybe less abrasive.

I dont know what the issue is, it slips on easily?! I admit its not the best design for sliding over the gimbal and rubbing but its by no means a difficult process

Reactions: Turn11
It's tricky at first, but after you've done it a few times, you'll be able to do it one-handed with it sitting on your leg. :)
Extremely thorough and detailed directions. From my experience, that is the easiest way to do it easily.

Nothing good is easy except chocolate / chocolate cake ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear