DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Gimbal Guard is wretched!

I managed to remove the inside piece without busting the whole thing and just pop the globe part on for transport.

I haven't really had a problem with it. It was a little fiddly the first time but once I had done it a couple of times it's really no big deal. It really just slips in pretty easily and seems pretty secure.

I use a Drone Valley gimbal guard for my Mavic Pro which is vastly superior to DJI's and I'm sure there will be 3rd party options for the M2P soon. I wouldn't really call DJI's effort wretched. Not ideal but certainly functional.

Reactions: parkgt
Well I thought I threw mine out, had to check the recycle bin where I threw out the cardboard box, nothing there, came back inside and checked the flymore kit box and there it was.... and I just put it on thanks to that YouTube vid...

Kind of a flimsy solution to protecting the delicate gimbal/cam on a unit designed to toss in a backpack.

I ordered 3 extras from DJI.

Geez, my fellow fliers.....its really not rocket science to put the GG on.... sure it's a beast at first .... i found the nitch in putting the GG on in 2 seconds.... if it gives me a little trouble because the lens housing moves out of place a little. It take me 4 seconds...i found that once you have the 2 tabs in line with the 2 holes in the body, a little wiggle side to side it pops in and on every time....Good luck ladies and gents....

Reactions: DanMan32
Just got my Mavic 2 Pro and have been flying a P4 V2.
This Gimbal Guard is an abomination to take off...to put on....I know it serves a purpose, but I had to watch a video to just figure out HOW to put it back on!!!
WTF!
Does anyone make a better Gimbal Guard mousetrap?
Thanks to all in advance!
Fly cheerfully!
Hey! at least it's Not 2 Separate pieces!

It's just too flimsy a solution for covering the camera and locking the gimbal of a portable drone intended to be used in challenging environments.

You mean you removed the part that actually holds the gimbal steady?

Yes that's the part I removed. Willing to take the chance, the globe just barely fits the camera so it's not like the camera is getting jerked around all that much. If the gimbal on this Mavic is as much of a fragile POS as on the original Mavic it will be my last Mavic anyway. And no, I do not treat my electronics/gadgets terrible. My gadgets usually get traded in to B&H for credit, not put in a gadget graveyard ;)

I think the design is brilliant. Easily slides on and off. Why are people overcomplicating it?

Looks like the F-Stop Labs Gimbal Guard is getting 5 star reviews on Amazon. Seems to be a much simpler and better designed option than the stock DJI gimbal clamp/guard.
I'm going to order 2 today.
http://a.co/d/e5GhLIzScreen Shot 2018-11-16 at 9.58.20 AM.jpg

I bought one for the zoom....night and day....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King