DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro IMU Error / ACC1 Data Error

suade8880

Reactions
Title says it. Just got this for only two weeks, no crash, no hard landing, or hard transporting and I can not get rid of this error that just happened today. Calibrate IMU a million times. Upgrade and downgrade firmware, reset and restart no matter what nothing happens. Is this hardware? I'd hate to resort to DJI for service.

Last edited:
Reactions: suade8880
Time to give it a whack, I recommended this on a previous thread

Unfortunately, the trick didn’t work. The only thing I got out from it was my wife watching me like I was crazy.?

Title says it. Just got this for only two weeks, no crash, no hard landing, or hard transporting and I can not get rid of this error that just happened today. Calibrate IMU a million times. Upgrade and downgrade firmware, reset and restart not matter what nothing happens. Is this hardware? I'd hate to resort to DJI for service.

I had the exact same problem with my new Mavic 2 Pro. The error message started appearing after only 2 flights and less than 5 hours of flight time, with no hard knocks or landings. I tried recalibrating it at least 30 times but still received the same error message. Also made sure firmware was upgraded. I finally sent it back to my retailer, who then sent it to DJI for warranty service. It will be at least a couple weeks before I get it back. Frustrating problem, but I have faith that DJI will fix it.

I had the exact same problem with my new Mavic 2 Pro. The error message started appearing after only 2 flights and less than 5 hours of flight time, with no hard knocks or landings. I tried recalibrating it at least 30 times but still received the same error message. Also made sure firmware was upgraded. I finally sent it back to my retailer, who then sent it to DJI for warranty service. It will be at least a couple weeks before I get it back. Frustrating problem, but I have faith that DJI will fix it.

I'm really contemplating on replacing this part myself for $40 and it'll be here in 2 days versus sending it in to DJI that can take weeks to get it back. Of course, the risk involve is voiding my warranty. I wouldn't think of doing this unless it is very simple. After watching a tutorial video on it, I think I will take a shot and do it myself because it looks pretty simple. If its done right, I'll have a full functioning drone right away and my warranty would still be intact.

I agree with you. If this was my own drone and it was out of warranty, I would definitely try the repair myself. After watching a video of the procedure, it looks like it takes a bit of surgery to get to the part, but it looks doable. However, since this is a company-owned drone and it is still under warranty, I'l have to trust the good folks at DJI to perform the fix. Good luck with the repair. Please post your results.

I agree with you. If this was my own drone and it was out of warranty, I would definitely try the repair myself. After watching a video of the procedure, it looks like it takes a bit of surgery to get to the part, but it looks doable. However, since this is a company-owned drone and it is still under warranty, I'l have to trust the good folks at DJI to perform the fix. Good luck with the repair. Please post your results.

Thanks. The part should arrive Tuesday and I'll post the results. If there are any hair rising moments I should encounter then I'll immediately stopo_O

Reactions: LawnDart
OMG...Taking out the camera/gimbal gave me full access to the IMU to lightly tap on it totally fixes it. I am so stoked:p . I wish I could buy all you guys a round of drinks on me.

It's pretty interesting that once the gimbal is removed that you get full access to the IMU and it's mounting screws and it even looks like you can pull it out.

E5k48R.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: iwaeye and HRDuke
Congrats on your repair! Sounds like it went pretty easily. Now you know how to fix it when/if it happens again. Again, I wish I owned this Mavic so I could take a crack at it. That round of drinks sounds great. It's 4:30 PM on Friday here.

Congrats on your repair! Sounds like it went pretty easily. Now you know how to fix it when/if it happens again. Again, I wish I owned this Mavic so I could take a crack at it. That round of drinks sounds great. It's 4:30 PM on Friday here.

Thanks!! Gathering all the clues like tapping/smacking it and the tutorial showing full access of the IMU by just be removing the gimbal gave me hope by doing it myself. It literally only took me 2 minutes to remove the gimbal. Made me so happy :p . Hope this will help everyone else that get this issue.

Whenever you're in the Seattle area hit me up, the drinks still on me :).

Reactions: iwaeye and HRDuke
Thanks!! Gathering all the clues like tapping/smacking it and the tutorial showing full access of the IMU by just be removing the gimbal gave me hope by doing it myself. It literally only took me 2 minutes to remove the gimbal. Made me so happy :p . Hope this will help everyone else that get this issue.

Whenever you're in the Seattle area hit me up, the drinks still on me :).

See it does work Thumbswayup

Common sense says that something is loose so there is a good chance that it will fail again. I definitely wont fly it.

Na, although I respect your opinion but I take the low chance. Besides, this thing has two sensors for the IMU.

My god! It worked (Mavic 2 zoom)

I removed the camera first, I don't think its good for the gimbal.

I had to give it a real good smack from all directions, and suddenly it calibrated and flew well:)

I'm going to use this drone for developing, so it will mostly be used as a simulator.

My god! It worked (Mavic 2 zoom)

I removed the camera first, I don't think its good for the gimbal.

I had to give it a real good smack from all directions, and suddenly it calibrated and flew well:)

I'm going to use this drone for developing, so it will mostly be used as a simulator.
Dear Surfbird,

Today I had a slight crash with my mavic 2 pro. I have a IMU calibration problem...Accelerometer reports problem..do you have any advice?Thank you

Dear Surfbird,

Today I had a slight crash with my mavic 2 pro. I have a IMU calibration problem...Accelerometer reports problem..do you have any advice?Thank you
If you have any insurance/dji refresh use that.
I only had this problem after servere crashes, so I don't know if it will fix your problem. Might make it worse :-/

OMG...Taking out the camera/gimbal gave me full access to the IMU to lightly tap on it totally fixes it. I am so stoked:p . I wish I could buy all you guys a round of drinks on me.

It's pretty interesting that once the gimbal is removed that you get full access to the IMU and it's mounting screws and it even looks like you can pull it out.

E5k48R.jpg
BRO ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THANK YOU!!!! I spent literally HOURS trying to find a solution. Just like you I tried hitting my drone from the outside and it wasn't working. I opened up the gimbal and removed it and slightly tapped on the IMU a few times. IT WORKED PERFECTLY! You saved so much time and money im so stoked thank you again!

BRO ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THANK YOU!!!! I spent literally HOURS trying to find a solution. Just like you I tried hitting my drone from the outside and it wasn't working. I opened up the gimbal and removed it and slightly tapped on the IMU a few times. IT WORKED PERFECTLY! You saved so much time and money im so stoked thank you again!
Glad it worked for you too. It saved me from having to buy a new IMU that I thought was broken since DJI would take forever to repair. Cheers!?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu