DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro IMU Ongoing Issue...Smart Controller at fault?

ahagert

Reactions
All of a sudden, I am being asked to calibrate the IMU on my MAVIC 2 Pro before every flight. Once I take care of business then I have no issues during the flight.

However, when asked to calibrate the IMU, it gets stucked on step 2 out of 5. The only way I can move on is with restarting and starting both the drone and the smart controller. Sometimes I have to repeat the process 2 or 3 times and then I no longer get the error.

Today I started to review steps to take and reinstalled the dji 4 app...and the problem is just getting worse. It started toggling between ready to fly and IMU calibration error.

Is it the drone or the smart controller?

Much more likely to be the SC , I would maybe try to Bind again.
Maybe after that reflash the Assistant 2 software.

My SC never quite does the Same process of switching drones over but has never required a Calibration.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: ahagert
Is the drone, SC, batteries, phone/tablet etc. all updated to the same firmware versions?
I suggest you startup with the stock Remote and see if you get the same messages and problems. If not, it has to do with the SC. If you get the same messages/problems, you can eliminate the SC as the source.
This is just my method for narrowing down issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000