DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro is fantastic for panoramas. Post your panos!

I saw this topic and kept meaning to spend more time with the panorama mode as I'd tried the 360 mode but struggled the processing and how to host it online. I tried the 180 mode and found not only does Lightroom stitch it without issue but can also still use all the usual processing controls.

This is Culloden viaduct in the north of Scotland:

PANO0010-Pano-X3.jpg

That is just awesome, that is probably the best picture I have ever seen taken from a drone, astonishing work!

Thanks. I just clicked the shutter button and DJI did the rest. The M2P is just an amazing machine to take hiking and the improved pano resolution in the app really shows vs. the M1 and P4P.

Kraft: Excellent panos all around but I think the last one has the best exposure. The other two look like they could have been pushed a bit. :) That same shot might have benefited from a PL filter as well to enrich the sky and help remove some glare from the water. Beautiful scenery and tack sharp focus.

WELL DONE, Drone Flying, Cinematic God! :)

Reactions: kraft2000
San Francisco Sunset at Christmas.

1096f652c2660cae3164220bf2a03e87.jpg
Steve,
Love the image. What is the actual size of the full image px x px. Did you process this with DJI or in LR or some other editor. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn if Mavic Pro will do what I want it do, of If I have to stay with Helicopters
Thanks
Marv

Hi,
How was this image processed, by DJI software or something else. I see there is and "HDR" glow outline on the horizon.

I took the raw files and stitched them together in Lightroom.

=)

I took the raw files and stitched them together in Lightroom.

=)
Thanks. Can you post or send me a 100% crop of some of the buildings downtown. Thanks, I know it's a lot to ask. Just trying to see the quality if I print something like this 8 feet wide. :)
Marv

Attachments

• 2019-04-10_17-49-46.jpg
    2019-04-10_17-49-46.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 57
Steve,
Love the image. What is the actual size of the full image px x px. Did you process this with DJI or in LR or some other editor. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn if Mavic Pro will do what I want it do, of If I have to stay with Helicopters
Thanks
Marv
The image is 15750 by 3640. It was 8 individual shots stitched together in Photoshop. The photos were shot by my Mavic 2 pro manually. The DJI panorama functions leave a lot to be desired, including major distortion and jpeg only. I always shoot in raw. Lastly, the 8 shots were long exposure shots taken at ISO 100 and 1/2 second exposures.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven