DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro looses tracking while shooting video in QuickShots

Reactions
Hello all,

I was shooting some video along the coast yesterday and noticed when I was reviewing the files that during several of the attempts I made to film using QuickShots, the drone looked liked it completed the shot as far as the controller stated, and then returned to the starting point as expected, but when I look at the video, there are a few times when the gimble looks like it looses track, then snaps back to the center of focus for the QuickShot. I also had to cancel two different QuickShots because the drone started to fly way off course and appeared to be quite happy just flying away off track. The clips here are all shot with the "Helix" QuickShot. Some attempts worked fine, but these had an issue, as you will see. Any ideas what may be causing this behavior? Here are links to two of the video files.

Dropbox - DJI_0140.m4v. (see from :21 - :24 seconds)
Dropbox - DJI_0141.m4v (see from :21 - :24 seconds as well)

This is my first post trying to share access to video files, so if I need to do this differently, please let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: FL AV8R
I noticed at the beginning of the second one that every 3 seconds or so the image brightens briefly. Happens about 6 times on a regular interval. Maybe this is connected in some way. Just got my MPP so no idea what could be wrong other than a nearby field of electronic interference. It seems to be a pattern.

Reactions: svit-tank-drone
It appears that you also have a focus hunting issue or the compression is not able to keep up. Are these H.264 encoded or H.265 Encoded? If you just maintain viewing of the rock in the center of the frame (most of the time) one will notice that it appears pixelated and then clearly in focus.

It appears that you also have a focus hunting issue or the compression is not able to keep up. Are these H.264 encoded or H.265 Encoded? If you just maintain viewing of the rock in the center of the frame (most of the time) one will notice that it appears pixelated and then clearly in focus.

I noticed that as well and am not sure if that is because I “exported” these files from Apple Photos”, so they are not uncompressed originals. They are shot in H.264, but I think I will switch everything to H.265 for video and RAW for photos going forward. Won’t solve the weird gimbal “ticks”, but will give me more options for post processing.

Odd part to me is that several other videos **** fine with no “ticks” in the same location.

Reactions: FL AV8R
Hello all,

I was shooting some video along the coast yesterday and noticed when I was reviewing the files that during several of the attempts I made to film using QuickShots, the drone looked liked it completed the shot as far as the controller stated, and then returned to the starting point as expected, but when I look at the video, there are a few times when the gimble looks like it looses track, then snaps back to the center of focus for the QuickShot. I also had to cancel two different QuickShots because the drone started to fly way off course and appeared to be quite happy just flying away off track. The clips here are all shot with the "Helix" QuickShot. Some attempts worked fine, but these had an issue, as you will see. Any ideas what may be causing this behavior? Here are links to two of the video files.

Dropbox - DJI_0140.m4v. (see from :21 - :24 seconds)
Dropbox - DJI_0141.m4v (see from :21 - :24 seconds as well)

This is my first post trying to share access to video files, so if I need to do this differently, please let me know. Thanks!

Have the EXACT same problem with Quickshots Helix on my M2Z with all current firmware as of the date of this post and with Epson Moverio BT-300 AR glasses (an android platform), ie quick jerk off subject in middle of mission then quick jerk back to subject — with all other aspects of the flight and video seemingly perfect. Found your post doing a search for a solution. Could upload a dozen or more helix shots with the same glitch. Haven’t tested using my iPhone instead of Moverios, but will try that soon. Doubt the glitch has anything to do with Android vs iPhone as I guess the glitch to be in the M2Z bird itself as fast as the glitch happens and recovers, but that is all just speculation on my part. All I know is that I’d love to have a Helix mode without that glitch. Very frustrating.

PS Haven’t noticed any fly away or haphazard behavior with my M2Z during Helix (or any other time) as you describe.

PPS Would be happy to upload examples if that would help diagnose, but trust me when I tell you that quick jerk way off subject then quickly back to the subject is identical to the video file uploaded by the OP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones