DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro lost power at 16m and crashed

I remember that now (still have a P3 in the closet). The M2P has never done that to me, or maybe it just has a different message.

Btw: if I remember right, the IMU warm up was supposed to be quicker when the IMU was calibrated (a long warm up time was indicative of needing the calibration). It's been awhile though.

Chris

Well there is actual warming up, at least on some models the IMU is heated and temperature-controlled to 65°C.
If you do a good IMU calibration (i.e. power on a completely cold aircraft and enter calibration ASAP) then calibration will take the heating period into account and then be ready quicker since it doesn't need to wait until the IMU reaches the lowest temp the calibration was taken for.

1607642280372.png

I remember that now (still have a P3 in the closet). The M2P has never done that to me, or maybe it just has a different message.

Btw: if I remember right, the IMU warm up was supposed to be quicker when the IMU was calibrated (a long warm up time was indicative of needing the calibration). It's been awhile though.

Chris
M2 instead just says not ready to fly (or similar). But if you CSC, it will tell you why, where it says its waiting for IMU data or something like that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan