DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro (or Zoom) *.DAT Files

And also if the .DAT files are not stored on your mobile device then it conveniently allows DJI to claim that there is no record of the problems.

The "problem" is likely that people being able to read the data allows them to challenge those "not a warranty case" decisions...

It seems relatively rare that DJI doesn't accept arguments based on txt or mobile device DAT files, and there have also been plenty of cases where they have clearly looked at the aircraft DAT files and found faults that they covered under warranty. My impression is that when they initially reject what look like valid claims it's due to incomplete data review rather than an attempt to evade liability. I can think of very few cases looked at here where they have refused a valid claim.

But that is just the point, if there are no .DAT files on the mobile device then it is so easy for DJI to avoid liability. Even when presented with .txt files they still ask for the .DAT files. And if you do not have these .DAT files on your mobile device, then you are up the creek without a paddle, as they say.

But that is just the point, if there are no .DAT files on the mobile device then it is so easy for DJI to avoid liability. Even when presented with .txt files they still ask for the .DAT files. And if you do not have these .DAT files on your mobile device, then you are up the creek without a paddle, as they say.

That's not my point, which is that DJI does not appear to have a history of avoiding liability, and so it makes little sense to suppose that the lack of DAT files in a few cases is some kind of DJI plot to do just that. In your case it's questionable whether the mobile device DAT would have provided definitive answers anyway.

Are the txt logs being properly recorded, and do they indicate a DAT flight record index number?
Sar104 where 'in the txt' would I look for the DAT flight record index number?
I am assuming in the verbose csv output of phantomhelp's logview but could do with a column number or letter code etc. please.

Sar104 where 'in the txt' would I look for the DAT flight record index number?
I am assuming in the verbose csv output of phantomhelp's logview but could do with a column number or letter code etc. please.

HOME_dataRecorderFileIndex

HOME_dataRecorderFileIndex
Thanks but I do not have that 'character string' anywhere in either of the spread sheets resulting from the csv's from phantom help. I only have names in the column headers up to column DJ or 114.

Thanks but I do not have that 'character string' anywhere in either of the spread sheets resulting from the csv's from phantom help. I only have names in the column headers up to column DJ or 114.

I'm not sure how you are sorting and viewing the csv files, and also different aircraft and firmware produce different data fields and numbers of columns, so it's difficult to answer that question.

I don't use the PhantomHelp converter, but having just looked at the output it certainly does have a data field of that name, which should be column number 210 unsorted.

Ta, that looks feasible.

Edit .... Cracked one problem, I have been opening the csv with Windows Works (habit), opening it with excel reveals many more 'written' column headers

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato