DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - RC connection issues

Whack

Reactions
I've been using my M2Pro since Saturday with updated firmware on both the RC & Drone. For the first few flights all went well with no issues but yesterday & today (03/09) the RC loses connection with the drone during flight leaving me with no control whatsoever. This seems to happen sporadically. When this happens the drone usually returns to home but on the last occasion it decided to fly away from me and land at a location totally unrelated to its position of mine!!
Have sent report to DJI but losing confidence in this drone Glad I purchased the DJI care refresh.
Any ideas /suggestions?

Flew mine for the first time last night and the same thing happened. I was about 800 meters out and had full signal and suddenly "lost rc connection" camera view froze black and white. The RC appeared to still be connected. I restarted the app and controller. Seemed to regain connection only to have it happen twice more while flying back "home".

[QUOTE="offcamber, post: 538243, member: 6462" I was about 800 meters out and had full signal and suddenly "lost rc connection" camera view froze black and white. The RC appeared to still be connected. I restarted the app and controller. Seemed to regain connection only to have it happen twice more while flying back "home".[/QUOTE]

Exactly what mine did, froze screen in black & white, "lost RC connection" message. I re-established connection by turning RC off/on but sometimes it works and sometimes loses connection again. I just re-installed the app and downloaded RC firmware again so will see tomorrow evening if this has helped but if its not an isolated incident I'm guessing it won't and will be a bigger firmware issue

So I contacted dji online chat today to report this issue & to cut a long story short the rep just waited for the chat to time out due to inactivity. When I called him on this he just told me to email customer support instead.
I emailed customer support who said they'd get back to me when they could!! I thought dji care refresh gets you anytime customer support! Not impressed.
My RC now loses connection during EVERY flight.

Last edited:
So I contacted dji online chat today to report this issue & to cut a long story short the rep just waited for the chat to time out due to inactivity. When I called him on this he just told me to email customer support instead.
I emailed customer support who said they'd get back to me when they could!! I thought dji care refresh gets you anytime customer support! Not impressed.
My RC now loses connection during EVERY flight.

How far out were you? It’s pretty common to drop signal at half a mile out with the new pro 2. Def not 5 mile range as advertised.. maybe with a firmware update but if you’re going out of LOS with the new series you might have a bad time until this is fixed.

The second post sounds like USB.

My mavic one has triggered an RC freeze and disconnected a few times with a dodgy cable.

The RC seems to reset its connection when i restart and replug triggering an RTH while it does it.

How far out were you? It’s pretty common to drop signal at half a mile out with the new pro 2. Def not 5 mile range as advertised.. maybe with a firmware update but if you’re going out of LOS with the new series you might have a bad time until this is fixed.
This was only 200mtr out on last flight... Well short of 5miles

The all sounds like a standard USB cable issue.
Surly if it was just the USB cable I'd still have control of the drone via the controller I thought that was the advantage of having the screen on this controller over the mavic air?
At this rate I'd be better off with the air & extra €500 in my pocket.

I had the same problem and if seemed to be a dodgy usb cable or it not sitting into my phone right. I plugged a normal USB cable into the port on the bottom of the controller and it works perfectly now.

Reactions: Whack
I had 5 flight until now... went about 1k away, everytime around 23 to 24 minutes. No issues with connection at all but as other say, be sure this remote cable is correctly connected to the phone! Cheers

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
Surly if it was just the USB cable I'd still have control of the drone via the controller I thought that was the advantage of having the screen on this controller over the mavic air?
At this rate I'd be better off with the air & extra €500 in my pocket.

Ive had a USB cable lock up the RC before now (3 days ago in fact) triggering a drone failsafe RTH. Mavic 1 at least.

Reactions: Kilrah
Similar issue App Disconnected(not RC) happened to me today. I had the same issue with MP1, so I have the experience now. When this issue happens, I just unplug and replug the side USB cable and the App gives live feed of the camera again.

In my case, I suspect there is something wrong with the installation of GO4 app. Because this is the only common element connecting the same issue on MP1 and MP2. To avoid this issue in the past I tried the following:

a) either having the airplane mode ON
b) or use the bottom USB at the RC with a regular Lighting to USB cable.

both of the above options worked well. Still I don't like that I have this issue. I may try to reinstall the app.

b) or use the bottom USB at the RC with a regular Lighting to USB cable.

I purchased dedicated Chinese phones for flying my mavic pro 1 with no service and all unnecessary apps removed. Same for my Phantom 3 Adv and Mavic Air. As an MP1 newbie (last year) I got a call on the Apple Phone and lost the connection truly panicking back then being so new to the MP1. Did not like the fragile lightning connection and opted for the USB. Seem to have had fewer connection issues since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: wxfloyd and Whack
Will try using the USB port on the bottom of RC later today if the rain stops & see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions. Interestingly still no reply from DJI.

OK so first test done with USB connection from bottom of RC to phone. Flew sort figure 8 furthest out point of 222mtr & 42mtr height without loud of connection. Will try further flight when I can get out to a more open space. When I start my flight I notice on the status page that opens my radio channel quality tab says "poor" strong interference .. This flight was in a residential area with plenty of WiFi, is this interference normal

I've been using my M2Pro since Saturday with updated firmware on both the RC & Drone. For the first few flights all went well with no issues but yesterday & today (03/09) the RC loses connection with the drone during flight leaving me with no control whatsoever. This seems to happen sporadically. When this happens the drone usually returns to home but on the last occasion it decided to fly away from me and land at a location totally unrelated to its position of mine!!
Have sent report to DJI but losing confidence in this drone Glad I purchased the DJI care refresh.
Any ideas /suggestions?
Flown 30 times with 70k feet flown. Been as high as 900ft and out over 6000feet and havent even gone half way down on the signal bar yet. The M2P is ridiculous

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore