DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - RC connection issues

I just came back from flying.
2 full flights (20 & 25 minutes) without a single connection failure problem.

- Use an usb cable and connect it in the bottom usb port.
- Switch off the WIFI but not the 4G.

will do another flights this evening to confirm if it is still valid.

Did 3 flights last evening.

Still trying the usb cable plugged in the bottom port.

Sadly had to report that I encountered some disconnections.
- Some with total signal lost (RTH occured).
- Some with only mobile being disconnected (still have live info showing on RC).

Distance doesn't seems to play a role unless the drone stays in optical sight.
So I suspect the usb cable is not guilty and the problem is more tricky.

Mobile is Pixel 2 XL (no problem with Mavic Air so far).

This happened to me for the first time with my Mavic Pro with last firmware upgrade in July...disconnected 200M out and I coldn’t reconnect no matter what I did...it flew away like someone else was flying it and landed in the water over 2000M away. Since I owned my Mavic over a year , DJI wouldn’t do nothing and not take any responsibility for bad firmware update..This has happened to so many people from this update...now I see its happening a lot with new Mavic 2...I will not purchase DJI again because of no trust in their engineers for not testing before sending out updates..Almost feels like tis was done on purpose so people buy the new Mavic 2 that came out...haha..but you never know...I can’t trust them anymore..I owned 4 DJI products and this was the response I received.. then they came back they will offer 10 percent off on repairs..I told them, I LOST my drone...SO again no incentive at all and clearly this was a bug in the firmware..

This happened to me for the first time with my Mavic Pro with last firmware upgrade in July...disconnected 200M out and I coldn’t reconnect no matter what I did...it flew away like someone else was flying it and landed in the water over 2000M away. Since I owned my Mavic over a year , DJI wouldn’t do nothing and not take any responsibility for bad firmware update..This has happened to so many people from this update...now I see its happening a lot with new Mavic 2...I will not purchase DJI again because of no trust in their engineers for not testing before sending out updates..Almost feels like tis was done on purpose so people buy the new Mavic 2 that came out...haha..but you never know...I can’t trust them anymore..I owned 4 DJI products and this was the response I received.. then they came back they will offer 10 percent off on repairs..I told them, I LOST my drone...SO again no incentive at all and clearly this was a bug in the firmware..
Typical DJI customer care right there. It’s a shame they can break so many boundaries and create such innovative groundbreaking technology yet their customer care is still in the stone ages. I had a similar dealing with my MP1 and said I’d never come back, but I’m a sucker for new tech and no one else comes close.. yet!

Did 3 more flights last evening in countryside.

Use the side cable, WIFI off but not the 4G. Pixel 2 XL.

So far no de-connection at all push the aircraft 4500m above the lake.

paladru.jpg

Reactions: peros550
I get the connection drop out issue as well which isn’t a USB problem as the Mavic stops responding to the controller, just halts and hovers until connection re-established. Good to see full development flight testing worked then :rolleyes: Hurry with the update DJI, you got some issues to sort.

I used to get that issue with the Mavic 1, a USB cable or app lock up would case the RC to lock up and lose connection. My last M1 flight a USB cable caused a connection loss roughly 300m away. RC still showed "connected" and i had control. When i quit the app and replugged the cable that then caused the RC to crap itself which then disconnected from the drone, initiated RTH and then reconnected a bit later...3 times in a flight.

So it seems app and cable CAN affect the RC to drone at times.

FWIW what ive noticed on my M2 are "mini disconnects". A few flights ive had the app flash "aircraft disconnected" and fix itself in a split second.
The logs show the same and a "WiFi Reconnect" event is logged in the .txt. Im wondering if this is caused by the auto switching between the 2.4 and 5.8GHz bands that Occusync 2 does.

Reactions: Kingram
I don't have the mavic 2 but I am having the same issue. RC disconnects. Even at close range upon take off. It just hovers there..I have no control whatsoever. I ended up restarting the RC and fortunately I regained control to land it.

I've been using my M2Pro since Saturday with updated firmware on both the RC & Drone. For the first few flights all went well with no issues but yesterday & today (03/09) the RC loses connection with the drone during flight leaving me with no control whatsoever. This seems to happen sporadically. When this happens the drone usually returns to home but on the last occasion it decided to fly away from me and land at a location totally unrelated to its position of mine!!
Have sent report to DJI but losing confidence in this drone Glad I purchased the DJI care refresh.
Any ideas /suggestions?

Same issue..... first couple of flights fine then boot up connection would take a while (30secs and more). After that a few camera feed errors.

Re installed both firmware via DJI assistant, rebooted and rebind of rc and aircraft a minuite or 2 later after going through the system options (mavic on the ground) the aircraft disconnected.
Rebooted both AGAIN...... connected after a good minuite or so with no camera feed and a red error saying imu initialising. Aircraft turned its self off. Now the aircraft will turn on cooling fan is audible but no connection to rc can be made, tried everything. Aitcraft is no longer detected by DJI assistant.

Im just thankfull it was on the kitchen table and not in the air

Holy f, that’s not good man, you got any footage of that craziness?
No,the recording stopped at the momentime of disconnection,and of course Dji repair said it was"crash while in sport mode" so I had to eat $119 for a refurbished replacement...which has a gimbal issue now that tilts the horizon line when a drift left or right

Did anyone notice on their Go4 app, the preflight checklist, showing "Poor Radio Channel" in bold red??? I have not been able to even fly my Zoom as the connection drops sometimes from just moving a few feet away. Phone calls to Dji have not helped and I did email a claim with pics earlier today.

I have the same issue, the rc lost connection to the aircraft this happen even if the RC is close to the aircraft. Any help please??

Reactions: mreloc
This issue is more than just a standard USB disconnect from the phone that happens with all DJI drones. I'm a commercial pilot with pretty much every dji drone from the phantom 4 to the inspire 2 and now the mavic 2 pro. Today I experienced something I've never experienced before. It started off with a typical phone to controller disconnect and then ended with the screen on the mavic 2 pro controller flashing RC connection error and when I looked up at the drone it was slowly flying in a circle pattern above me. I hit return to home button on RC and nothing happened. I completely shut the controller off and turned it back on then unplugged the phone and plugged it back in and the drone finally initiated its return to home. But as it was coming down it was moving in a toilet bowl motion with a span of about 10 feet so I took back control and landed it manually. I shut everything down and booted it back up and it seemed to be acting fine. I took it out a couple thousand feet and hit RTH and it came back as usual but did the toilet bowl movement as it landed. I have thousands of hours of flight time with the DJI line and I'm not a newbie. There is a real issue present. Also I noticed that when its landing after an RTH any stick input is that of sport mode. If you try to correct its landing with very little input of the sticks the drone uses way to much tilt with very little input. This will cause many crashes if not fixed aswell.

This issue is more than just a standard USB disconnect from the phone that happens with all DJI drones. I'm a commercial pilot with pretty much every dji drone from the phantom 4 to the inspire 2 and now the mavic 2 pro. Today I experienced something I've never experienced before. It started off with a typical phone to controller disconnect and then ended with the screen on the mavic 2 pro controller flashing RC connection error and when I looked up at the drone it was slowly flying in a circle pattern above me. I hit return to home button on RC and nothing happened. I completely shut the controller off and turned it back on then unplugged the phone and plugged it back in and the drone finally initiated its return to home. But as it was coming down it was moving in a toilet bowl motion with a span of about 10 feet so I took back control and landed it manually. I shut everything down and booted it back up and it seemed to be acting fine. I took it out a couple thousand feet and hit RTH and it came back as usual but did the toilet bowl movement as it landed. I have thousands of hours of flight time with the DJI line and I'm not a newbie. There is a real issue present. Also I noticed that when its landing after an RTH any stick input is that of sport mode. If you try to correct its landing with very little input of the sticks the drone uses way to much tilt with very little input. This will cause many crashes if not fixed aswell.

When was the last time you performed a iMU & compass recalibration? I had the "toilet bowl" effect occur and issues with range. After doing the recalibration, she ran perfect!

I just calibrated the compass before the flight since I am a hundred miles from my last flight. And, I did a IMU calibration last week when I opened the box. As part of my preflight check list I always look at the sensor state before the first flight of the day. Both the IMU and compass were normal. And it flew just fine for the first half of the flight. This happened toward the end of my flight. Like I said, I'm not a newbie lol I've been flying drones commercially for a year and a half. I've got the phantom 4, phantom 4 pro+, mavic pro, inspire 2 and now the mavic 2 pro. I've never seen this type of behavior before. I'm fairly positive there is an underlying issue within the firmware that hasn't been worked out yet. Makes me not even want to fly it untill they release a fix.

Update: When I returned home from my trip I re calibrated everything. Flew 3 batteries and didnt have any similar issues. What I experienced was very strange.

[QUOTE="offcamber, post: 538243, member: 6462" I was about 800 meters out and had full signal and suddenly "lost rc connection" camera view froze black and white. The RC appeared to still be connected. I restarted the app and controller. Seemed to regain connection only to have it happen twice more while flying back "home".

Exactly what mine did, froze screen in black & white, "lost RC connection" message. I re-established connection by turning RC off/on but sometimes it works and sometimes loses connection again. I just re-installed the app and downloaded RC firmware again so will see tomorrow evening if this has helped but if its not an isolated incident I'm guessing it won't and will be a bigger firmware issue[/QUOTE]
Same here

I've only flown mine a dozen or so tones and have not had disconnection issues from close.

It's only disconnected or come to the verge of disconnection when there's a mountain between us.
While mountain is subjective, ours tend to be:

100 to 250 meter high and 300 to 500 in radius.

So, not the Nanga Parbat bit a physical obstacle affecting transmission.

I have been having the same problem with disconnecting in flight since my first ferm were updates 2 months ago, 2 more updates later and its same or worse. Back when this first happened I upgraded my Samsung phone, so differant phone differant cable to controller but same problem, next is a factory reset I guessing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom