DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - RC connection issues

Hello, This is my first post and think I found the issue with connection issues. I was experiencing the same connection issues. Today as I was flying Got a message when I powered up, it said inconsistent firmware, I downloaded and installed keeping my fingers crossed. That was the fix. Hallelujah!
I think I was just lucky and hopes this helps someone.

I've been using my M2Pro since Saturday with updated firmware on both the RC & Drone. For the first few flights all went well with no issues but yesterday & today (03/09) the RC loses connection with the drone during flight leaving me with no control whatsoever. This seems to happen sporadically. When this happens the drone usually returns to home but on the last occasion it decided to fly away from me and land at a location totally unrelated to its position of mine!!
Have sent report to DJI but losing confidence in this drone Glad I purchased the DJI care refresh.
Any ideas /suggestions?
I just had a similar issue,I brought it in for landing,got to approximately 3 feet and it hovered like normal,I lowered the throttle stick to set it down,got down to one foot when it went to full throttle,did a backfill into the ground and bounced about 20 feet across the ground like a wild dog and only stopped when the battery flew out!!! Now it has about every system error you can have and 4 broken props and 2 rear feet snapped off!!! Still crying over it....lol

Mine lost connection at 1 meter while landing,when it reconnected,it powered full throttle,did a backflipl into the pavement and sent the crowd running for there lives as it went crazy in all directions,it only stopped after the battery flew out!! 4 torn props,2 snappend off rear landing pads and every error possible on the systems check!!! And NO..I did not have the thottle up when this occurred as I confirmed this by reviewing the stick positions on the flight report

This is scary, glad to hear you didn’t loose the mavic 2.

I did the same, purshased refresh insurance. Although only had one disconnect, it flew back no issues since. Did loose 3 Parrot Bebop earlier this year though from disconnect. Have since use a tracker with both my bebop 2 and Mavic 2 Pro.

Recently this last week, my bebop disconnected about 1.5 miles out. Started RTH but then landed on its own 1.25 miles from takeoff. Battery was still about 70% strength at this time, luckily my trackimo tracker showed me were it landed. Had it not been for the tracker, I’d be out a forth bebop for the year. Viewed the bebop 2 video, was suppose to return at disconnect but it didn’t, battery still had 70% strength left.

I never fly without a tracker now, tracker attaches to both bebop 2 and Mavic 2 Pro in seconds.

Hopefully never loose another drone, it’s a good investment.

Paul

So the clouds cleared this afternoon allowing me an opportunity to get out and test a few set ups.

1st up I tried the USB connection @the bottom of the RC to my pixel 2. Good connection that didn't drop during the test flight but I'm not too find of the longer cable & couldn't really find a best way to set it up.

Next I used an old Samsung galaxy S8 wiped of almost all apps & no sim inserted so just WiFi connection for updates. I used the side port on the RC for this and flew a number of flights out as far as 600mtr & varying heights and experienced no issues or dropped signal. It would appear that the usb-c connection to my pixel 2 was the problem or else the pixel 2 phone itself.
Either way I plan on using the S8 connected to the side port from now on and at least that way don't need to worry about interruptions from phone calls etc it's not my daily phone.
Thanks for advice offered above.

This is scary, glad to hear you didn’t loose the mavic 2.

I did the same, purshased refresh insurance. Although only had one disconnect, it flew back no issues since. Did loose 3 Parrot Bebop earlier this year though from disconnect. Have since use a tracker with both my bebop 2 and Mavic 2 Pro.

Recently this last week, my bebop disconnected about 1.5 miles out. Started RTH but then landed on its own 1.25 miles from takeoff. Battery was still about 70% strength at this time, luckily my trackimo tracker showed me were it landed. Had it not been for the tracker, I’d be out a forth bebop for the year. Viewed the bebop 2 video, was suppose to return at disconnect but it didn’t, battery still had 70% strength left.

I never fly without a tracker now, tracker attaches to both bebop 2 and Mavic 2 Pro in seconds.

Hopefully never loose another drone, it’s a good investment.

Paul
Do you have a Link for the tracker ? Thanks

On my first flight mine lost connection, forgot to put my iphone in airplane mode. Every flight since the phone is in airplane mode and no connection problems at all. Ill check back after more tests

Reactions: Whack
Mine lost connection at 1 meter while landing,when it reconnected,it powered full throttle,did a backflipl into the pavement and sent the crowd running for there lives as it went crazy in all directions,it only stopped after the battery flew out!! 4 torn props,2 snappend off rear landing pads and every error possible on the systems check!!! And NO..I did not have the thottle up when this occurred as I confirmed this by reviewing the stick positions on the flight report

Dear lord that is embarrassing, glad everyone was okay..

Pics?

Hello,

Coming from the Mavic Air never had a single problem with it expect firmware update at initial setup.

I encounter the same problem : sudden connexions lost whatever the distance is : hopefully every time RTH worked.
Tested over land up to now. But need more confidence in this things to sand it over sea.

Had difficulties with initial firmware update tried with Assistant 2 for mavic 2 on Mac : apps seems stuck at downloading.
- first flight in remote location was total failure with connexion lost 10m away.
- tried yesterday again but was prompted to update firmware. version seemed up-to-date.

Today : cleared the cache in the App. Will try a new USB cable and maybe will put my pixel 2 on airplane mode.
Will test this and post results.

I get the connection drop out issue as well which isn’t a USB problem as the Mavic stops responding to the controller, just halts and hovers until connection re-established. Good to see full development flight testing worked then :rolleyes: Hurry with the update DJI, you got some issues to sort.

Hello,

Coming from the Mavic Air never had a single problem with it expect firmware update at initial setup.

I encounter the same problem : sudden connexions lost whatever the distance is : hopefully every time RTH worked.
Tested over land up to now. But need more confidence in this things to sand it over sea.

Had difficulties with initial firmware update tried with Assistant 2 for mavic 2 on Mac : apps seems stuck at downloading.
- first flight in remote location was total failure with connexion lost 10m away.
- tried yesterday again but was prompted to update firmware. version seemed up-to-date.

Today : cleared the cache in the App. Will try a new USB cable and maybe will put my pixel 2 on airplane mode.
Since I switched to the bottom USB port on controller I have had no issues but not a fan of the liner cable so now using a galaxy s7 phone just for flying no sim connection for calls so no interruptions

Holy f, that’s not good man, you got any footage of that craziness?

Since I switched to the bottom USB port on controller I have had no issues but not a fan of the liner cable so now using a galaxy s7 phone just for flying no sim connection for calls so no interruptions

I just came back from flying.
2 full flights (20 & 25 minutes) without a single connection failure problem.

- Use an usb cable and connect it in the bottom usb port.
- Switch off the WIFI but not the 4G.

will do another flights this evening to confirm if it is still valid.

Reactions: Jhun80
Hello,

Since I switched to the bottom USB port on controller I have had no issues but not a fan of the longer cable so now using a galaxy s7 phone just for flying no sim connection for calls so no interruptions.
Just did a longer flight with the s7 connected to side port & got over 1km away with no connection issues so for me it would appear it was the cable for usb-c or else my pixel 2. Either way it's all good now thankfully

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingram
AFC8974B-DFE9-4446-9E63-F8558CD417F1.jpeg
Do you have a Link for the tracker ? Thanks

Hello Kingram,

I don’t know how to post links, but google Trackimo and you’ll find their website.

I have an older model, G2 and although it works great I suggest getting the latest version G3. It’s already saved me from loosing a bebop 2 just last week, bebop lost connection and it landed 1.25 miles from me even with 70% battery left. The disconnect was 1.5 miles out, bebop last gps location was 1/4 mile off because during disconnect it never reconnected yet flew away and landed on its own.

Use it with all my drones, including Mavic 2 pro. eBay has a neat Mavic Pro bracket for trackimo, I use another type of mounting.

Good luck,
Paul

Last edited:
Hello Kingram,

Yes, that should work but go With G3 not G2, With G2 I understand it some areas it will not work.

You can call trackimo and get the information you’re needing, talk with them and get a better understanding.

Fly with piece of mind using a tracker, best insurance one can have.

Good luck,
Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard