DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro RTH malfunction

pkarunakaran

Reactions
After ensuring home point is set, when I do RTH, drone land where ever it is, at that point and not returning home. This happens consistently. Tried RTH from phone as well as from remote. Have latest firmware. When I was flying few days ago, phone battery died on me and I pressed RTH from the remote and that’s when it happened first time. I also tried using another phone and happens from that phone as well (just to rule out the phone as a potential issue). Called DJI, wasn’t much of a help.
Any suggestion????

How far are you from the home point when you press RTH? Within something like 20m it won't bother flying home, it'll just land where it is.

As mentioned above check your RTH settings, make sure it is set to Return To Home:
maxresdefault.jpg

How far are you from the home point when you press RTH? Within something like 20m it won't bother flying home, it'll just land where it is.

Thanks for the response. I did try near and far. First time when this happened, it was quite far and I had to bring it back manually. After that, most of my test flights were in close ranges. It is also not ascending to the preset 'RTH at xxx altitude'

What is your device for video, iOS or Android? Have you had the problem with both OS or just one as you mentioned you tried a different phone.

I would consider deleting and reloading the DJIgo4, however you mentioned the issue also happens with the RTH button on the controller, so you might refresh the firmware for controller and Drone.

As for DJI, I would work the issue on video, close by and let them know that instead of coming back to the home point, you drone is trying to land on RTH, keep logs and send them to DJI. The video is show them what is happening.

Hopefully a firmware refresh will fix it.

Paul C

What is your device for video, iOS or Android? Have you had the problem with both OS or just one as you mentioned you tried a different phone.

I would consider deleting and reloading the DJIgo4, however you mentioned the issue also happens with the RTH button on the controller, so you might refresh the firmware for controller and Drone.

As for DJI, I would work the issue on video, close by and let them know that instead of coming back to the home point, you drone is trying to land on RTH, keep logs and send them to DJI. The video is show them what is happening.

Hopefully a firmware refresh will fix it.

Paul C
Thanks Paul. I am using an iPhone and tried another iPhone as well and have the same issue. I did refresh the firmware for controller and Drone, still have the same issue.
I will call DJI. Doesnt look like a rookie error. Thanks for the suggestions.

Dear Goof,
After reinstalling the firmware, when I fly far enough, drone IS coming back home. Guess I was too scared to use RTH when it is far away. Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the controller as well as phone and both are working now :)
Appreciate your insight.....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson