DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro Water damaged !!

Hello people, I have a Mavic 2 Pro that went into a clearwater lake in Arkansas. I spent some money to get it diagnosed to see if it could be fixed, but I was told they cannot work on it. So if I want to sell the drone for parts who should I be reaching out to ? and how much can I expect for the drone? looking from the outside I don't see even a small scuff mark so whatever the problem is, it is inside.

Of all the lakes Clearwater is the best to take a bath in, how long was the drone in water ?

Hey I had the same exact thing happen to me with dji I gotta say there’s probably more you can salvage out of that drone hey you might get lucky and rob might say he can fix it for less rather than scraping it does it turn on and fly when mine took a swim it was getting imu esc error s and a week later it turned on flew perfectly vision sensors were damaged had to replace that gimbal was shot but in all I paid way less than expected with rob and he even sent me back the damaged parts why idk ? but he’s a good dude and I truly thinks he just loves working on drones for little profit in his pocket if you ask me. I’ll ask you this if he can fix it for less or the same as what it would you pay on eBay for a drone that god knows what someone did to it and put it up for sale Would you.hey the way I look at it is your drone only you know what kind of conditions you put it through is all I’m saying.and eBay isn’t very reliable. I’ve heard people with horror stories of drones that were activated when the seller says it’s new and all sorts of stuff it’s hit and miss but the way I look at is you have to pay to play and if I’m gonna pay a little more for something you know is your property.
Hi, have you got a link to their website and rob’s Email address that you can me via PM? Thanks!

I have a MA but also my learn to fly drone was an "El Cheapo"
Was flying the El Cheapo on the beach at Kuta - Bali - Indonesia , when 1 motor seazed up and it fell vertically into the shallows.
Raced down to pick it up, and took it back to the hotel room and gently used a hair dryer on it at low to medium heat.
The battery ended up hopelessly affected by the water. Coroded within days.
Let it sit out in the sun for a while before I had a new battery put in, and to my surprise, 3 of the motors worked perfectly.
To replace that 1 burnt out motor would have cost nearly as much as the drone itself. So i didn't bother.

My point is, if you act quickly enough , anything is worth a try.

Reactions: Roco'smavic2pro
I have a MA but also my learn to fly drone was an "El Cheapo"
Was flying the El Cheapo on the beach at Kuta - Bali - Indonesia , when 1 motor seazed up and it fell vertically into the shallows.
Raced down to pick it up, and took it back to the hotel room and gently used a hair dryer on it at low to medium heat.
The battery ended up hopelessly affected by the water. Coroded within days.
Let it sit out in the sun for a while before I had a new battery put in, and to my surprise, 3 of the motors worked perfectly.
To replace that 1 burnt out motor would have cost nearly as much as the drone itself. So i didn't bother.

My point is, if you act quickly enough , anything is worth a try.
I couldn't save the drone from the lake for a long time coz it was in winter and it was too cold. I was freaking out but was only able to get a diver to dive and get it for me the next day.

I have a mavic 2 pro that spent around 20 minutes in a fresh water canal, after getting home I took the covers off and rinsed it under a tap. Dried it in the airing cupboard for 4 days. When I turned it back on I was surprised to see it still turned on, but none of the motors twitched and I didn’t get the sound from the speakers.
It connected to the controller but had error messages relating to the o sticks avoidance cameras & the ESC/Esc1,2,3 &4.
I plugged it into my computer and carried out a calibration, which to my surprise worked first time! Now all the error messages were gone other than the ESC errors & I had a message saying “can not take off” I have today just replaced the ESC board (the one the battery & all 4 motors connect to £44) and my drone is back flying again!

I have a mavic 2 pro that spent around 20 minutes in a fresh water canal, after getting home I took the covers off and rinsed it under a tap. Dried it in the airing cupboard for 4 days. When I turned it back on I was surprised to see it still turned on, but none of the motors twitched and I didn’t get the sound from the speakers.
It connected to the controller but had error messages relating to the o sticks avoidance cameras & the ESC/Esc1,2,3 &4.
I plugged it into my computer and carried out a calibration, which to my surprise worked first time! Now all the error messages were gone other than the ESC errors & I had a message saying “can not take off” I have today just replaced the ESC board (the one the battery & all 4 motors connect to £44) and my drone is back flying again!

When we first get the New Drones we submerge in them in fresh water , and we have found that ESC board is the weakest link on the Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom. Well done.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Pouring Rain and Land on Water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin