DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro will not update to v01.00.0100

AlienBees

Reactions
I tried using a Samsung s9 plus and the update kept failing. Then I tried a PC and it keeps failing on the DJI assistant 2. Any other options available?

What happens when the update attempt fails?

On PC disable signed driver enforcement you can update AC & RC.

This is what I'm getting on my cell phone and my pcView attachment 50717View attachment 50718

That's what i'm getting on both my samsung note 8 and Tab S4. Frustrating.
Tried restarting everything many times also with the same result. Sometimes, the download starts for about a second and then fails.
Mine is the Mavic 2 zoom.

Will try again in a few hours. It could be that the DJI servers are overloaded?

Use a wired or cellular connection, not wifi. If you have no other option than wifi look whether your router is 2.4GHz or 5, and manually select the other in the M2's transmission settings.

Use a wired or cellular connection, not wifi. If you have no other option than wifi look whether your router is 2.4GHz or 5, and manually select the other in the M2's transmission settings.
I tried wired, cellular and wifi. After about 20 tries, I finally got the m2p to update. The controller would download the update 100%, but then it wouldnt install. When I tried flying today, the controller updated. All done, but a huge pain in the ***.

I tried using a Samsung s9 plus and the update kept failing. Then I tried a PC and it keeps failing on the DJI assistant 2. Any other options available?
Try to use smartphone as a wifi router for PC, connect to Assistant. Update.

I had to use a friend's iPhone then it works

I tried wired, cellular and wifi. After about 20 tries, I finally got the m2p to update. The controller would download the update 100%, but then it wouldnt install. When I tried flying today, the controller updated. All done, but a huge pain in the ***.
This sounds crazy but I went to another location, used my wife’s iPad and Boom....... it worked.
No idea why

Hi peeps.

I'm getting the same on my mobile as AlienBees, when i try to log in on assistant 2 i am not getting a verification code so cannot actually complete log in either, can anyone help?

I really new to this drone stuff, usually not to bad with tech but this is doing my head tbf... I have uninstalled both dji4 and also assistant on pc, then reinstalled both, no joy? Any help is appreciated.

Looks like downloading the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 [v2.0.2] worked for me.
Don't get the Assistant 2 for the Mavic or any of the earlier drones. Those apparently won't work with the Mavic 2. So make sure you download the one for the Mavic 2 (see DJI link DJI Mavic 2 downloads).

I connected the drone to my Mac via a USB-C cable direct to the port on the side of the drone.

My firmware was the original 'in the box' firmware and the 'DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic' software listed two possible upgrades :
Firmware v01.00.0100 (latest)
Firmware v01.00.0000
I decided to upgrade to Firmware v01.00.0000 first and this took about 5 minutes.
I restarted the drone and was prompted to update the 'No Fly database'. I confirmed the update.

I then started on Firmware v01.00.0100 and this took about 5 minutes also. I then restarted the drone and was prompted to update the No Fly database again which i confirmed.

It seems that each time you connect the drone, the system will prompt you to upgrade the No Fly Database even though you've already done this just a few minutes ago. You can choose to confirm or ignore it.

All is well now.

This link also provides some good info : DJI Assistant 2 Mavic Software, Download, Guide, Mods And More

Last edited:
Looks like downloading the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2 [v2.0.2] worked for me.
Don't get the Assistant 2 for the Mavic or any of the earlier drones. Those apparently won't work with the Mavic 2. So make sure you download the one for the Mavic 2 (see DJI link DJI Mavic 2 downloads).

I connected the drone to my Mac via a USB-C cable direct to the port on the side of the drone.

My firmware was the original 'in the box' firmware and the 'DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic' software listed two possible upgrades :
Firmware v01.00.0100 (latest)
Firmware v01.00.0000
I decided to upgrade to Firmware v01.00.0000 first and this took about 5 minutes.
I restarted the drone and was prompted to update the 'No Fly database'. I confirmed the update.

I then started on Firmware v01.00.0100 and this took about 5 minutes also. I then restarted the drone and was prompted to update the No Fly database again which i confirmed.

It seems that each time you connect the drone, the system will prompt you to upgrade the No Fly Database even though you've already done this just a few minutes ago. You can choose to confirm or ignore it.

All is well now.

This link also provides some good info : DJI Assistant 2 Mavic Software, Download, Guide, Mods And More
Thanks for the info, i will try this when i get back..... As i said I'm new to this and don't want to mess it up. Cheers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard