DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

zeeeegerman

Reactions
Hi all,

Those new to the DJI Ecosystem, or even those that have had a DJI drone for a while may learn a few things in this video.

A few points:
-advantages of using the DJI Assistant 2 on a PC
-When you should and should NOT update the firmware
-Critical Steps after a firmware update

If video isn't your thing, you can view our written Mavic 2 Firmware Update Guide Here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry Gibson
He missed one method. If you hold down the three bars on the DJI screen of the Go4 app for 5 seconds and release a screen appears that will let you select which firmware version you want or refresh the current one, just like the Assistant.

Hi Robert, thanks again for that tip, i tried it tonight and was pleasantly surprised of the page that popped up. I guess if your already on the current version it says no firmware available. The page def. has a beta vibe to it. Probably built in workaround trick for DJI support people to guide you through if you have issues. How did you find out about it?

Reactions: Robert Granata
All props go to Billy Kyle on YouTube. I had never heard about it before his recent video. I think you are right about it being a workaround. Probably for all the people on windows that can't use DJI's unsigned USB drivers.
I did try it on the Mavic Pro and there were about 5 previous versions you could downgrade to.

Probably built in workaround trick for DJI support people to guide you through if you have issues.
That built in trick has been in DJI GO since DJI released the Phantom 3 models.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky