DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro with a mind of it's own!

So, you reckon I should go for a warranty claim?

I contacted DJI explaining the situation and asking them for a warranty cover. They said that I should sent it back to them for evaluation.

Their message:

''Dear ........................,

thank you for reaching out to DJI Support.

I am very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DJI product.

To make the process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online form you will receive a case number and can print out the needed repair form right away. This system is built up very easy and the whole process should take you no longer than 5-10 minutes.

To get started with your online repair request click: HERE

Our technicians will check your device very closely and determine the exact work that needs to be done.

If you are eligible for a shipping label (as DJI Care customer or the same), you will receive this automatically. If not, please send your package to the indicated address. You can choose any courier service you prefer.

After your product has been booked in at the service center, you can check on the case status: HERE
For this you will need the case number you received from the online system. (This starts with CAS-****)

If you do encounter any issues with our online system, please do let me know.

Should an unrepaired return be requested, we reserve the right to charge you a service fee and the shipping costs. After payment of these return fees, we will meet the demand.
Please note that your device will become property of DJI, should you fail to meet this demand or miss the payment deadline for the return fee.

Should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to let me know.
I´ll do my best to assist you.

Viele Grüße / Best Regards
Technical Support DJI GmbH''

My concern is that they are not clear about the warranty issue and they simply mention ''repair''. Can I trust that they won't just throw a lot of c..p at me and ask me for some crazy amount if they decide that there is something there not covered by the warranty?

Should I send it in?

I contacted DJI explaining the situation and asking them for a warranty cover. They said that I should sent it back to them for evaluation.

Their message:

''Dear ........................,

thank you for reaching out to DJI Support.

I am very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DJI product.

To make the process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online form you will receive a case number and can print out the needed repair form right away. This system is built up very easy and the whole process should take you no longer than 5-10 minutes.

To get started with your online repair request click: HERE

Our technicians will check your device very closely and determine the exact work that needs to be done.

If you are eligible for a shipping label (as DJI Care customer or the same), you will receive this automatically. If not, please send your package to the indicated address. You can choose any courier service you prefer.

After your product has been booked in at the service center, you can check on the case status: HERE
For this you will need the case number you received from the online system. (This starts with CAS-****)

If you do encounter any issues with our online system, please do let me know.

Should an unrepaired return be requested, we reserve the right to charge you a service fee and the shipping costs. After payment of these return fees, we will meet the demand.
Please note that your device will become property of DJI, should you fail to meet this demand or miss the payment deadline for the return fee.

Should you have any other questions, do not hesitate to let me know.
I´ll do my best to assist you.

Viele Grüße / Best Regards
Technical Support DJI GmbH''

My concern is that they are not clear about the warranty issue and they simply mention ''repair''. Can I trust that they won't just throw a lot of c..p at me and ask me for some crazy amount if they decide that there is something there not covered by the warranty?

Should I send it in?
All warranty and Care Refresh submittals still have to go through the repair estimate process, and if the cause is covered under warranty, or the owner elects to use the Care Refresh option (if previously purchased) rather than paying the repair cost, DJI zeros out the repair cost or charges you your Care insurance deductible. Hope that helps!

Reactions: Thomas B
Well, I don't have the Care Refresh option. My question is if I can trust them that they will be honest with the problem if it's hardware fault, normally covered by warranty, or they will try to present it as something else, trying to make me pay for it.

I've never had to deal with them before, so don't really know what to expect.

Well, I don't have the Care Refresh option. My question is if I can trust them that they will be honest with the problem if it's hardware fault, normally covered by warranty, or they will try to present it as something else, trying to make me pay for it.

I've never had to deal with them before, so don't really know what to expect.

Having watched many such cases unfold, I haven't really seen any evidence of dishonesty from DJI. Mis-diagnosis, yes, but that's mostly corrected in further dialogue. This was unambiguously a hardware fault.

There certainly has been lots of cases reported here of DJI re-evaluating their findings of warranty replacement / repair due to the very professional analysis of the guys here. Hopefully you will get a good outcome in your claim.
Good luck, keep us informed.

OK, I started the online request and I got to the page that need to declare the issue. Should I choose ''IMU Malfunction''?Screenshot_1.png

Hi guys. So, I sent the drone in, and after doing their diagnostics, they accepted that there was a mulfaction with the IMU and decided to repair it within the warranty. They did, and sent the drone back within a couple of days.

All good so far, except that when I got it, it was a completely different one and not mine. It has stickers on, like it's brand new. From their mails however, I had the impression that they simply repaired the drone and replaced the defective IMU module. It seems they either send me a new one for whatever reason or a refurbished one.

Is there a way to know for sure if it's a new machine?

Reactions: sar104
Hi if it’s refurbished then it would have a different serial number

OK, it's definitely different than the one I sent, but how do I tell if it's brand new or refurbished?

Sorry can’t answer that cause refurbished look new
Theoretically, Refurbished had an R at the end of the serial number. That appears to no longer be the case, and I have been told that so called Refurbished units now are brand new units without a retail box and without any accessories. Mine was! Still had FW version 1.00.00 on it.

Hi guys. So, I sent the drone in, and after doing their diagnostics, they accepted that there was a mulfaction with the IMU and decided to repair it within the warranty. They did, and sent the drone back within a couple of days.

All good so far, except that when I got it, it was a completely different one and not mine. It has stickers on, like it's brand new. From their mails however, I had the impression that they simply repaired the drone and replaced the defective IMU module. It seems they either send me a new one for whatever reason or a refurbished one.

Is there a way to know for sure if it's a new machine?
DJI doesn't really repair drones any more. They give a repair quote, and then toss it in a trash heap and send you a new one. No idea what they do with the trash heap. Maybe send it back to China, for spare parts sales?

It came with the 0.400 firmware. It did ask for activation to enable the 1 year warranty however. Is this true? That if they send me a new one I get another year warranty?

It came with the 0.400 firmware. It did ask for activation to enable the 1 year warranty however. Is this true? That if they send me a new one I get another year warranty?
Yup, as I understand it! You can also buy Refresh for it, even if you didn't have it on the original replaced aircraft! That's what happened to me! Should have bought it on the original aircraft, but it's good for a year, and then Refresh+ can extend it another year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ