DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro zoom camera issue

Stewartkyle44

Reactions
Anyone know what could be causing the red blur line? Bad sensor or camera? No matter what settings it's on it is always there.DJI_0035.JPGDJI_0036.JPGDJI_0035.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0034.JPG
    DJI_0034.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 4
I would check again using a magnifying glass, that suggests a fibre to me.

I don't think so. If you separate out the red, green and blue channels it looks like a sensor readout problem - maybe even swapping the red and green data in that area.

DJI_0036 (red).jpeg

DJI_0036 (green).jpeg

DJI_0036 (blue).jpeg

I've looked with a magnifier and still nothing even with the lens cover off still does it. That's why maybe I'm thinking it's the sensor or camera it self 20210912_141330.jpg
I don't think so. If you separate out the red, green and blue channels it looks like a sensor readout problem - maybe even swapping the red and green data in that area.

View attachment 134784

View attachment 134785

View attachment 134786
That's what I'm thinking and when the image in direct light it's a lot more apparent and blurred. I don't know what sensor would be bad though or which one to replace? Might have to replace entire camera with sensor on under the gimbal?

You may have answered when you said no matter the settings. but
Is it there for still and video?
What happens when you zoom in, and zoom in all the way digitally.

(as an aside-your horizon is tilted, do you know you can adjust it?)

I've looked with a magnifier and still nothing even with the lens cover off still does it. That's why maybe I'm thinking it's the sensor or camera it self View attachment 134783

View attachment 134784

View attachment 134785

View attachment 134786
That's what I'm thinking and when the image in direct light it's a lot more apparent and blurred. I don't know what sensor would be bad though or which one to replace? Might have to replace entire camera with sensor on under the gimbal
You may have answered when you said no matter the settings. but
Is it there for still and video?
What happens when you zoom in, and zoom in all the way digitally.

(as an aside-your horizon is tilted, do you know you can adjust it?)
Yeah it stays there even when I zoom in and out. Sounds like I need a new sensor and camera?

I have dismantled an Mavic 2 Pro camera, it was already dead, and there are numerous shims used between the sensor housing and the optics section, these shims were around the screws that clamped the sensor section to the lens section.
I take it from that that the sensor to optics distance and alignment is critical and would therefore need very accurate setting.
I imagine that that it is well beyond the average person.

I have dismantled an Mavic 2 Pro camera, it was already dead, and there are numerous shims used between the sensor housing and the optics section, these shims were around the screws that clamped the sensor section to the lens section.
I take it from that that the sensor to optics distance and alignment is critical and would therefore need very accurate setting.
I imagine that that it is well beyond the average person.
Yeah that doesn't sound like something I would want to get into. Wonder if it would be worth just upgrading to the Hasselblad camera instead of the zoom since they are interchangeable?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98